• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoever decided not to let you skip boss dialogue in Strider needs to be slapped at least 7 times

Especially with the low quality of the VAs and the horrible artwork that SCREAMS budget release. :lol

Which boss in particular are you at? The mercenary, maybe?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Especially with the low quality of the VAs and the horrible artwork that SCREAMS budget release. :lol

Which boss in particular are you at? The mercenary, maybe?

last but you know that already

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there any way to disable the DLC ad that pops up every time you load Darksiders 2?

Really really annoying. Same with the dumb 'make an account' ad.

I don't think so. Black Flag had a similar issue when it launched with the DLC unlock messages popping up every time you started the game, which was particularly annoying in my case as I bought the DDE and Season Pass.

Garcia

Have 3 extra keys for GAF:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Garcia, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Nosgoth Beta #2 -- MB-32917D7FA6428DB7 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Nosgoth Beta #3 -- MB-A28CE0EE5F999424 - Taken by corrosivefrost
Nosgoth Beta #1 -- MB-5576729B2B06C25D - Taken by dream

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Higurashi_002.png

Turns out Higurashi for Steam release WILL be getting new art, and feature new effects and such as the game is being made in Unity to port it out to multiple platforms.

First Chapter of the visual novel will release on Steam later this year, you can also buy the original game with the updated translation from their website, and people who bought the original game from their website will get the new translation and updated version at no cost at all.

I see, Kevin Spacey. Bad rats, too. It's a confusing raffle, so what should I do. And I think to myself... Modbot, goddamn you

While I may have been the first, I see that I will not be the last.
Keep on being awesome, nbnt.

Also, someone wake me when nbnt decides to do a giveaway for Wash_Doge. :3

Wouldn't a cheap knock off try and fail to be like Arkham?
That's what I'm saying. The reason it doesn't feel very much like Arkham is because it's not nearly as tight, fluid or complex as the original. It still plays very similar though. Just a lot jankier and slower.

Chariot

First Chapter of the visual novel will release on Steam later this year, you can also buy the original game with the updated translation from their website, and people who bought the original game from their website will get the new translation and updated version at no cost at all.
Nice, very nice! i am looking forward to it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and Strider done, I am a game finishing machine lately!

lmpaler

Have 3 extra keys for GAF:

What is this game?

I feel as though my time in AC3 is at an end, I finished Black Flag and fired up AC3(I don't entirely care about the whole overall story because it is rather shitty). Been busy trying to burn through as much of my backlog as I can over this summer before Fall Semester.

Combat is much better in 3 than 4 though. Ubisoft make terrible open worlds imo.

Side note: I have a new relaxing game. Witcher Adventure Game for pre-ordering on GOG. Just need a mouse and the music is relaxing, best way to unwind although the games can take fucking AGES!

Higurashi_002.png

Turns out Higurashi for Steam release WILL be getting new art, and feature new effects and such as the game is being made in Unity to port it out to multiple platforms.

I watched the anime and didn't care much for it, is the game good?

kurahador

Higurashi_002.png

Nice!! The anime is really good.

I'm quite seriously considering buying a $200 Windows 8 tablet to use exclusively for Steam Streaming, is this insane or otherwise irrational behaviour y/n

pls respond

Hugstable

Banned
Higurashi_002.png

YAAAAAS! All new art and everything, seems different from the PS2 assets as well! UGUU I'm so happy it's finally coming! Was so hard to get through the ipad version with how everything originally looked.

Knurek

On one hand - great, the original art was beyond atrocious. :)
On the other - confirmed no keys for Grouupes bundle buyers. :(
Also Unity and not Ren'Py? WTF?

Phinor

Finally got a new SSD for my OS. Now I can use my old 128gb ssd for some games :D

I still smile when I think of the times before SSD drives. Biggest single upgrade ever in my nearly 25 years of building PCs. 3D graphic cards were nice too but I jumped on the 3D train with Voodoo 1 so that wasn't as mind blowing as going from HDD to SSD.

Also trying to use or fix someone's laptop with a regular HDD? Pure torture. We should just burn every computer without an SSD as the main drive.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I'm quite seriously considering buying a $200 Windows 8 tablet to use exclusively for Steam Streaming, is this insane or otherwise irrational behaviour y/n

pls respond
Wait and see what pops up on Woot. They had a Windows 8 tablet (with an atom processor) for like 120 bucks the other day.

Even I was tempted.

Edit: went and found the woot community posting from a few days ago: http://computers.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5887265&pageindex=1&replycount=39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom