• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRamen

Can we get Modbot to perform background processing of how many .gifs or heck even images in general are posted on a default 50 post page and if the varying/arbitrary limit is hit then the next user to post an image will have the link in the post edited/auto-redacted by Modbot?

The problem seems to stem from when people get uncomfortable with images they don't like, it may come off as if the type of images/text/anything being posted (waifus, 4x genre gameplay tactics/tips, bushied-eyebrowed women actresses) are happening "all the time"/"too much". Even if the content is part of a short outburst (anecdotally for me, they all seem to be rather shortlived, even when I see Modbot after Modbot giveaway for Bioshock, I know it won't last), yet somehow this thread moves too fast. ;)

But I digress! I must finish my chores so I may continue thieving in Thief! Or maybe go back to Teleglitch... damnit!

I'm more of a spirits man myself. Gun to my head I'd say I prefer rum the most but, really, I drink anything and everything.

They were talking shit about how it isn't even Australian, heh. I suppose I will do any spirit outside of Tequila (hurts the soul of my tongue) but if bloodwine were real, that would be my Drink of Choice (DoC)

Ventara

I wanted to grab it, but if a publisher thinks 1€=1$ it goes straight onto my bundle/deep sale waitlist.

I'm sure you can find someone on here to gift it to you from another region and just pay them. I don't see any on sale yet, but it'll probably be 4 keys from Russian traders, which would be $8.

FloatOn

oh shit DS2 dlc is out today!?

is it advisable to beat the base game before doing the dlc or what? I've been out of the loop

Hmm, that $7.50 Injustice is finally moving into my impulse price range. I'm playing some MK right now and I'm actually enjoying it rather more than I would have. I've never really played the MK games before and was always a bit of a Street Fighter snob growing up. And it is totally janky, but it's delightfully janky. Like NeatherRealm is in on the joke with you so let's just have some absurd fun together. Plus with so long playing SF games it's interesting how the flow of battles feels different in MK. As I'm guessing that Injustice is just pretty much MK++ I think that I'd enjoy that as well. Especially if it tones down a bit of the ultraviolence, which does put me off of MK from time to time.

Mono

I'm having a lot of fun with Legend of Grimrock this time around! Enemies + 90 degree turns = unintentional jump scares

Hugstable

Banned
If you want more JRPGs on Steam, yeah.

I might buy it day one if the price is fair enough.

I think it's just a port.

I just need Trails FC again on Steam, I will buy it again even though I own the game both digitally and the PSP premium edition. I want SC so bad, I just wish it would come sooner. I really hope it's a huge success on Steam since there a probably alot of JRPG fans around here that would love to play the game that didn't get the chance on the PSP or the Vita. :(.

Hmm, I got Strider for free on PS4.

The mixed response has made me very wary =/

Free is the right price. Because if you love it, for whatever reasons, it was free and holy shit you just played an amazing game for free. And if it's only okay -- well you enjoyed it but you didn't have to spend money on it. And if it's biggest fucking letdown since Final Fantasy X releasing on the PS2, well, then at least you won't feel like you wasted your money on something you want to like so bad, but you can't because it's a dumpster fire.

Thanks for the responses guys! I caved and went ahead and got it anyways. Smashing hordes of zombies had too much of a draw for me to resist!

And you shall co-op with some of SteamGAF and it will be glorious, especially at the 60fps the game should be played at.

So, Halfway is out. The game looks pretty cool. Anyone here tried it yet? I wanna read impressions before jumping in.

I'm pretty sure Rhaknar is hopping on that for his 2kth game.
He was waaay interested, so if you're patient, he'll probably post some impressions later.

i still don't know what the hell happened with frank's model in dead rising 2
capcpom mystery

Or what happened with his model in UMvC3... He went from okay protagonist that people made a meme out of ("I covered wars, y'know") to some sort of rogaine-needing Elvis impersonator to some C-tier Mel Gibson impersonator.

A bit late, art takes time. Here my entry.

.... I get the feeling we're talking about different OJs though

Homer_hedge.gif

Benedict

Hope you enjoy these. Pressured is special.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Konung 2 -- MB-5E93F41D9024E6A8 - Taken by user237. 2 entrants total.
Mata Hari -- MB-F1F9390B9A7A5663
Pressured -- MB-12751ECB57CBB065 - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.

t1406048371z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Apparently Nosgoth has switched its currency from "runestones" to gold and as a result there are new DLC apps for the various editions. As is typical of games with multiple editions you can't buy one of the new packs if you already own the game as the DLC apps are set to be ignored by Steam's cross-check, however those without the game may be pleased to know that these new subs have perfectly reasonable Eastern European pricing (the previous subs had price parity).

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
You could totally buy it for me.

Double sales = double JRPGs

Then again, it's probably going to come out in the winter/late fall, so if it's $20, I could probably do a giveaway.

Sort of interested to see how the port fares. It looks graphically better in that article, at least.

OlliOlli's out.

Something something impressions.
Though this one is probably going to a "wait until bundled or deep sale" game for me. It looks good though.

Also just saw a game called Train Fever in the featured section, now available for pre-purchase. It looks like a new Transport Tycoon. It even says "it's a modern-day Transport Tycoon with procedural content and a sophisticated city simulation." Sort of want.

Grief.exe

Excellent! Thanks for the heads up on that. We should be expecting news soon then.

We should be expecting some Isaac Rebirth release information soon. I will keep my eyes peeled for that.

Put it on early access and i will buy i asap.

It shouldn't have to be early access. A previously completed game with the PC port development time running long.

Sendou

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sendou, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gun Monkey -- MB-7D443172AE7929D4

For whatever reason redeeming this free game gave a duplicate so there you go.

Was going to give away a copy of Injustice too, but GMG won't let me buy a gift copy... anyway, here you go. Happy Batman Day!

ModBot said:
Instructions for corrosivefrost:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (corrosivefrost, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Batman Arkham Origins + Season Pass -- MB-0DD4EC23D96FF8E2 - Taken by ramoisdead. 28 entrants total.

t1406049033z1.png

Lomax

Can we get Modbot to perform background processing of how many .gifs or heck even images in general are posted on a default 50 post page and if the varying/arbitrary limit is hit then the next user to post an image will have the link in the post edited/auto-redacted by Modbot?

The problem seems to stem from when people get uncomfortable with images they don't like, it may come off as if the type of images/text/anything being posted (waifus, 4x genre gameplay tactics/tips, bushied-eyebrowed women actresses) are happening "all the time"/"too much". Even if the content is part of a short outburst (anecdotally for me, they all seem to be rather shortlived, even when I see Modbot after Modbot giveaway for Bioshock, I know it won't last), yet somehow this thread moves too fast. ;)

But I digress! I must finish my chores so I may continue thieving in Thief! Or maybe go back to Teleglitch... damnit!

They were talking shit about how it isn't even Australian, heh. I suppose I will do any spirit outside of Tequila (hurts the soul of my tongue) but if bloodwine were real, that would be my Drink of Choice (DoC)

If people have issues with images, there are tons of options available to them. I have images turned off using Gaf settings on my phone for bandwidth options, it gives you a convenient button to push if you want to see them, so it should be easy to tell which posts you want to see and which not.

Considering that the last bunch of so-called "waifu" pictures were all Steam backgrounds, it's hard to justify calling that off topic, much less inappropriate. Honestly I think the biggest problem people really have is that the thread moves too fast for them to keep up, and they find that annoying, and thus take that out on the content they don't like.

Personally I don't understand the setup of NeoGaf at all, why isn't there an entire forum area dedicated to each major format, then you could have separate topics for each thing while retaining the individual communities. But I guess it works well enough for what it is and it's pretty clear that isn't going to change any time soon.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For whatever reason redeeming this free game gave a duplicate so there you go.

A gift copy was added to the store and retail subs in what was an ultimately ill-fated attempt to increase the game's active userbase.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I'm always trying to think what I should post here since I'm an old time lurker (sort of, actually) and I wanna participate in the discussions, but all the weirdness frightens me sometimes.

If you don't help balance out the weirdness with normalcy, it will only get worse.

Apparently Nosgoth has switched its currency from "runestones" to gold and as a result there are new DLC apps for the various editions. As is typical of games with multiple editions you can't buy one of the new packs if you already own the game as the DLC apps are set to be ignored by Steam's cross-check, however those without the game may be pleased to know that these new subs have perfectly reasonable Eastern European pricing (the previous subs had price parity).

I still don't know how to redeem that beta code I won from Garcia.
Anybody know? He hasn't responded to my PM yet.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Neat i was thinkin of getin it for my ipad but this is better.

Not sure if it's better. I mean, the two the Room games are great imo, but also some of the very few games that make more sense on a touchscreen.
The second one is the only game to this day I payed full price and bought on Android day one, and I don't really like playing games on my tablet/phone...

That said, I'm happy that there are coming to Steam and I will double dip them for sure when they are cheap or bundled in the future :p

Anustart

Walking dead season 2 says update queued, but I can't get it to download!

Edit: Verifying game cache seems to have jump started it. Episode 4 cometh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom