• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Any idea when Trails in the sky will get a store page? I need to wishlist that game, so I don't miss it later on.

Hopefully it'll get a store page when the news regarding the game comes out. It'll probably get a web page closer to release though.

If it doesn't get a store page, I'm sure that a few of us will remind everyone :p

AHA-Lambda

Greenman Gaming is selling Batman Arkham Origins and Blackgate for 75% off. Are they worth it? I finished both Asylum and City.

Origins definitely is, the game never deserved the beating it got from "professional reviewers"

I think Blackgate is decent, but I am in the minority there.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Bought Scribblenauts Unmasked from the GMG sale. Really enjoyed the original Scribblenauts for the DS so I'm really looking forward to playing it!

Tizoc

Ain't my fault if you miss out Jase~
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Freedom Planet -- MB-F7DE67BAD9104151 - Taken by Armoured Priest. 42 entrants total.

t1406060491z1.png

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
My two cents on waifu "drama"

I certainly don't think anyone is hating on anyone, or want anyone to leave the thread. Most people in here are great contributors to the community, most of you far better contributors than myself.

On the other hand, I've witnessed first hand what happens when a thread gets out of hand with off-topic chit-chat, especially when it's in the lewd region. Not saying there can't be any of it, but when it becomes one of the main topics of the thread, we're wandering in a dangerous direction. The Animal Crossing pre-release thread got shut down because of it. The Vita thread got remade into a general PSN-news thread partly because of it.

So when we -- I say we because while I personally don't mind some waifu lewdness, I know what the consequences can be -- ask people to tone this down, it's because we want to keep the community as it is, certainly not because we want to tear it apart or exclude anyone from it.

lfvgt

Neo Member
Hmmm I think that even with all you guys recommending it, I'll pass Arkham Origins for now. My backlog is way too big already :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ok, giveaway is over and Clown Bot is happy.
The magnificent (fast as hell!) winners are:
YianGaruga
BadRamen
Sendou

Have fun playing the game guys!
As for those wo didn't win, if we get a 4th Steam July thread, I will create another giveaway, this time with 4 keys :p

On the other hand, if this thread happens to last until August (which, after yesterday, it may very well do), then you could consider away eight keys in the next thread to celebrate the fact that it's the first thread of the eighth month. ;)

Tizoc

Something for the little guys
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
Soul Gambler Desura Key -- MB-2A8BE71311045059 - Taken by Catshade. 1 entrants total.

t1406060731z1.png

Jawmuncher

Tits can't be that good can it?

Fake Edit: that abbreviation is just too good. But the question I'm asking is legit since I want to know.

Grief.exe

My two cents on waifu "drama"

I certainly don't think anyone is hating on anyone, or want anyone to leave the thread. Most people in here are great contributors to the community, most of you far better contributors than myself.

On the other hand, I've witnessed first hand what happens when thread gets out of hand with off-topic chit-chat, especially when it's in the lewd region. Not saying there can't be any of it, but when it becomes one of the main topics of the thread, we're wandering in a dangerous direction. The Animal Crossing pre-release thread got shut down because of it. The Vita thread got remade into a general PSN-news thread partly because of it.

So when we -- I say we because while I personally don't mind some waifu lewdness, I know what the consequences can be -- ask people to tone this down, it's because we want to keep the community as it is, certainly not because we want to tear it apart or exclude anyone from it.

Well said. We don't want to exclude or push away anyone, but want to keep the thread quality as high as possible for the reasons listed.

If we don't police ourselves, then the mods will be forced to do the job for us.

*shakes head* Not worth it when it requires a monthly fee.

Apparently (one of the reviews) there's also issues with Steam handling said subscription time. Blech.

You do get one month free to fool around and see what the game is about.

I know you can pay for eve subscriptions with in-game currency, but I doubt you would have that kind if capitol after one month.

I've always wanted to fool around in eve and see how the game works.

F-Pina

On the other hand, if this thread happens to last until August (which, after yesterday, it may very well do), then you could consider away eight keys in the next thread to celebrate the fact that it's the first thread of the eighth month. ;)

Hehehehe. Keys don't grow on trees you know? :p
Will see, I am really liking the fans feedback so far, even with some of my weird English jokes and typos. Let's see hwo sales go until the end of the month :)

L.O.R.D

Giving away a few cheap random games. One of them has to do with imperfect rodents. One is meant to hog your inventory space and the other is a legit game meant to be played! Choose wisely.

i got Mystery Game #3 ,which was Gun Monkeys
i already have this game in my profile.so i can't add it

Ain't my fault if you miss out Jase~

Thanks for this. Giving it a go.

After this Thief and RE6 Leon, this is my next game! Thank you much! :D

What about the rest of RE6?

News of Tits? Sweet, been looking forward to that release since its announcement :D

Any news regarding TitS is always sweet.

The hype for TitS in this thread makes me happy. Looks like the game will do well if it's reasonably priced.

TitS and happiness are usually bffs.

Fake Edit: that abbreviation is just too good. But the question I'm asking is legit since I want to know.

How can TitS NOT be that good?

I love that abbreviation.

Who doesn't love TitS?

Congrats, but confess you wanted it ;)

Hahaha, this is always funny.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but...

I have access to Dark Souls 2 via family sharing. I want to try out the DLC. Will buying the DLC/Season Pass let me play it on a game that I don't own myself?

Amzin

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but...

I have access to Dark Souls 2 via family sharing. I want to try out the DLC. Will buying the DLC/Season Pass let me play it on a game that I don't own myself?

I'm not an expert, but I believe you can't add DLC for a game you don't own to your own account in the first place. You'd have to gift the Season Pass to whoever is family sharing it with you.

Hehehehe. Keys don't grow on trees you know? :p
Will see, I am really liking the fans feedback so far, even with some of my weird English jokes and typos. Let's see hwo sales go until the end of the month :)

From what JaseC tells us, they do, sort of.
There's a magical button that a monkey presses and it spits out a new Steam key, or so I hear. At least that's what happens at SEGA. The problem JaseC and I had there was the monkey had been loaned out to write a sequel to Hamlet.

so they added it off the worst area in the game? How nice.

Story wise, it kind of makes sense, I guess.
And that whole area was pretty minimal, so it's good that it gets fleshed out a bit.

Haunted

No money to buy DS2 Season Pass :(
I'm torn on the DS2 Season Pass. I only own the game on PS3, so do I buy the DLC there, or wait for a Steam Sale and buy DS2 and the season pass on PC?
!!

Just saw that the game updated. 15 minutes in and it's already amazing. I don't know how they do it, but I feel a real sense of discovery and exploration, even though the levels in Souls games are actually linear, how do they do it.

I'm hooked all over again. Highly recommended.

I'm not an expert, but I believe you can't add DLC for a game you don't own to your own account in the first place. You'd have to gift the Season Pass to whoever is family sharing it with you.
This is correct. The owner of the game has to own the DLC, but then you can access it via family sharing (if you don't have the game yourself).

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I certainly don't think anyone is hating on anyone

There's definitely a few posts where posters straight up say that they dislike what other people post. To the point of telling people to shut the fuck up.

So yeah, I'd consider that hating on posters. Valid opinion, but still hating. Nothing personal, but that post in particular pissed me off.

Well, it really depends on what style of JRPG you like. If you like tactical movement in grid based battle, non random battles, semi complicated battling that never really gets too complicated and feels just right, breaking turn order, great music, a good story, and fairly memorable characters, then you might be interested in it.

TITS
July 29th
$19.99

https://twitter.com/Hatsuu/status/491637517427691520

Everything is beautiful

Perfect price point, and damn, July? Well, I'm even more broke than ever now.

donny2112

*smh at third July Steam thread*

Going to weekly soon, eh?

On-topic, hope Kerbal Space Program eventually sees sub-$10 levels. It's been consistently 40% off for sales to $16.xx as long as I've been watching it, including yesterday. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom