• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
No money for DS2 DLC. The Season Pass might be cheaper on winter sale I guess.
tumblr_mz4wsxiiRC1spaqpio1_500.gif

Hugstable

Banned
A bit late, art takes time. Here my entry.

.... I get the feeling we're talking about different OJs though

XD that was hilarious.

Thankfully today I'm feeling much better so it's time to get ready to explore more Dark Souls (hopefully lol)

Shoulda bought it like a week or two ago during the GMG 25% off voucher thingy? Does it still work?

Berlok

A couple of games from the Humble Bundle:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

BioShock -- MB-4B71D92FCFC882DF
t1cxE6r.gif
The Darkness II -- MB-D92B842C1168457D - Taken by Cozmogramma

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
People using any sort of context as an excuse send the thread off the rails is exactly the point of contention that has developed over the past few weeks. I don't doubt that the problem is more pronounced now than in the past owing to the recent influx of new active contributors, but this just means all the more effort must be made to exercise some restraint -- when someone posts a picture of food or an alpaca or whatever, 20 others need not do the same just because someone else started it.

As I've said before, there's nothing wrong with a bit of off-topic banter here and there, but when it reaches the point where people are bemoaning what is currently the dominant talking point of the thread then there's clearly a problem.

Thank you.

L.O.R.D

Pre-Purchase Now - Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition, 10% Off

The Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition includes the ultimate open-world zombie game along with four downloadable content packs. Welcome to the Apocalypse, where your zombie slaying thrills await.

Bonus Downloadable Content: All four of the “Untold Stories of Los Perdidos” downloadable add-on packs are now included. Each add-on chapter focuses on a different protagonist and gives players access to crazy new weapons and vehicles that carry over to the main game.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/13954/

so , the PC version include all the DLCs for free ?

F-Pina

Allright!
3rd Steam July thread? Let's go with another awesome giveaway to all my fellow gaffers!
Last time the questions were easy, so this time I have 2 hard questions!
All you have to do is PM the 2 correct answers (has to be both) and you get a key!

I have 3 keys for the 3rd Steam July thread!

screenshot_anim_05.gif

The questions are!
1 - What is the real name of Clown Bot?
2 - How much is the discount Maria Star gives you on Mondays?

Will post the results as soon as i get 3 PMs with both answers correct!
You guys haven't yet clicked on the "wish" button on the Steam Page to help us out? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

steam_train.png

Special thanks again to More_Badass for putting us on original Steam July OP!

Ruh roh. Too many Abyss Odyssey giveaways. ACE Team should gift you the season pass for being their unofficial hype/pr man.

Niiiice.

http://www.nosgoth.com/redeem/key It's Tuesday, though*, so naturally the site down for maintenance. ;)

* Not here as of an hour ago. ;)

nosgoth.com (which is down at the moment I assume due to the new update that just released?) then there is a button that says "redeem your key"

Thanks.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Shoulda bought it like a week or two ago during the GMG 25% off voucher thingy? Does it still work?
Went overboard gifting and buying on summer sale so I couldnt and wont be able to purchase games for a while. I need a job asap.

lfvgt

Neo Member
Greenman Gaming is selling Batman Arkham Origins and Blackgate for 75% off. Are they worth it? I finished both Asylum and City.

Had assumed we'd be getting the DLC for free but it's good to know. Given I paid around 18 dollars for it I'm more than happy to double dip. Dead Rising 3 is going to look brilliant at 1080P, 60 FPS. Some really nice lighting effects and scale that was held back on the One. Will be interesting to see how the performance holds up at the end of the game where there are literally thousands of zombies on screen at once, overflowing the highways and streets.

Hopefully the arcade crazy game makes its way over eventually.

Is a bummer that it will be coming out right as I leave for work out of state, lol.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Pre-Purchase Offer

10% Off Launch Price
Exclusive Mini-Campaigns: ‘Justice’ and ‘Freedom Fighters’
10 Exclusive In-Game Shields
Bonus Stronghold Kingdoms Power Pack

You know me too well, Firefly.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/13954/

so , the PC version include all the DLCs for free ?

Those mentioned, yes. The ridiculously-titled DLC announced during the MS E3 presser is exclusive to the X1 (at least for now).

Greenman Gaming is selling Batman Arkham Origins and Blackgate for 75% off. Are they worth it? I finished both Asylum and City.

I don't think I've read a single positive impression of Blackgate. Even Stallion wasn't fond of it and he's batty for Batman games. ;)

Allright!
3rd Steam July thread? Let's go with another awesome giveaway to all my fellow gaffers!
Last time the questions were easy, so this time I have 2 hard questions!
All you have to do is PM the 2 correct answers (has to be both) and you get a key!

I have 3 keys for the 3rd Steam July thread!

screenshot_anim_05.gif

The questions are!
1 - What is the real name of Clown Bot?
2 - How much is the discount Maria Star gives you on Mondays?

Will post the results as soon as i get 3 PMs with both answers correct!
You guys haven't yet clicked on the "wish" button on the Steam Page to help us out? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

steam_train.png

Special thanks again to More_Badass for putting us on original Steam July OP!
The artstyle you have going is really brilliant. And the music is so catchy. Hope you guys do well. Wishlisted.
But how am I going to find the answers when the questions sound like only those who played it can solve?

Amzin

I did a mini-writeup on Origins yesterday, but if you liked City, Origins is basically more of the same right now. I'm enjoying it but it doesn't do much new.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The artstyle you have going is really brilliant. And the music is so catchy. Hope you guys do well. Wishlisted.
But how am I going to find the answers when the questions sound like only those who played it can solve?

It brings to mind cartoon-based side-scrollers on the MegaDrive. I'm riding a wave of nostalgia right now.

I think I found them in a YT walkthrough and on google.
EDIT: Yep I did. :)

Thanks F-Pina!

Origins, yes. Why else would I give away a copy wit the season pass, mate?
Blackgate, no. Save your money.

It brings to mind cartoon-based side-scrollers on the MegaDrive. I'm riding a wave of nostalgia right now.

When I tried to win it last time, before I was randomly gifted it by an anonymous benefactor, the part that caught my attention was not the GAF bar, but this joke that Clownbot told:

"If a man is alone in the forest, without any women, is he still wrong?"

F-Pina

Thanks man :)
I was going to post some tips, but I figured that if you search you shall find!
Try the trailer or our official website if you are lost.

Beelzebubs

Giving away a few cheap random games. One of them has to do with imperfect rodents. One is meant to hog your inventory space and the other is a legit game meant to be played! Choose wisely.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Beelzebubs, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-A7DD9BE73A5750F2 - Taken by L.O.R.D. 4 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-98B5CB4965BC3F75 - Taken by zeroOman. 6 entrants total.
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-1F6578455C972D47 - Taken by Man Puncher. 7 entrants total.

t1406049931z1.png

Need to rush through the rest of Dark Souls 2 on the PC so I can play the DLC. Hard to will myself to do a lot of the same grinding/item searching that I spent so much time with on the PS3.

Yakkue

Considering that the last bunch of so-called "waifu" pictures were all Steam backgrounds, it's hard to justify calling that off topic, much less inappropriate. Honestly I think the biggest problem people really have is that the thread moves too fast for them to keep up, and they find that annoying, and thus take that out on the content they don't like.

From page 68-78 (50 posts per page, span of about 7 hours) the term "waifu" was posted / quoted 69 times (according to Word). The last bunch of the pictures in fact weren't Steam backgrounds, they were posted afterwards and mostly of the gif/anime type, along with various other off topic posts. The off topic just went overboard this time. That doesn't mean anybody needs to leave this thread, but toning it a bit down would be nice.
--

Any idea when Trails in the sky will get a store page? I need to wishlist that game, so I don't miss it later on.

Need to rush through the rest of Dark Souls 2 on the PC so I can play the DLC. Hard to will myself to do a lot of the same grinding/item searching that I spent so much time with on the PS3.

This is your penance for jumping the gun and supporting that train wreck FROM called "Dark Souls 2" on consoles.

How does the DLC work in Dark Souls II? Is it like Artorias of the Abyss or is it accessible early on in the game?

F-Pina

Ok, giveaway is over and Clown Bot is happy.
The magnificent (fast as hell!) winners are:
YianGaruga
BadRamen
Sendou

Have fun playing the game guys!
As for those wo didn't win, if we get a 4th Steam July thread, I will create another giveaway, this time with 4 keys :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom