• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Did they have long National Geographic nipples?

It's the first in a sub-series of three games from the Legend of Heroes franchise, you won't miss anything.

Are Xanadu, Dragon Slayer, Legend of Heroes and Trails in the Sky all set in the same universe because that's fucking crazy if so

Haha, I hope publishers one day realise that there's money to be made in providing Steam keys for pulled games (where possible -- obviously licensed stuff and the like would be out of the question) to those who want them. "If I buy Virtua Tennis 2009 from Sega's own store and provide proof of purchase, can I receive a Steam key?" shouldn't be met with "We are unable to provide keys for games that are no longer available on Steam."

With The Club being returned to the store following GFWL's execution date being pushed back, I'd hope that Stormrise would be given the same treatment, but that's looking unlikely. It makes me wonder, though: Why The Club and not (also) the other GFWL game Sega pulled? Perhaps Sega intends to patch it out.

I would love for The Club to go Steamworks.

I sent him Bad Rats ;)

Fuuuuck. You *are* the devil.

Sorry if it's been mentioned already, but I noticed Olli Olli has been ported from Vita and releases on the 29th.

Holy crap in a pita... we had no idea! That's awesome.
Just kidding... sorry, couldn't help it... it's been mentioned several times in the last few pages. :p

Balloons filled with pancake mix is more accurate IMO.

Hahaha.

----------------------

NOTE: UNLESS I'M DOING SOMETHING EXTREMELY WRONG, DO NOT BUY SHADOW BLADE: RELOAD YET.

I couldn't even play a level, the game is so buggy. When I finally got my controller working with it and my resolution set, when I got into the level itself neither the dpad nor the analog stick would move my character (the buttons worked). Furthermore, after this, the resolution was stuck at 640x480 and I was unable to go back and edit the settings at all. Stay away (for now). This is some real "Early Access" type shit.

Do you have to have a game to buy and play the DLC(family share)? Have been playing Dark Souls II through family sharing and I was wondering whether I could just buy myself the DLC or whether I need to gift it to my friend.

I just abandon thread for a few pages if "off-top" stuff starts to become overbearing.

On topic: I stayed up too late playing DSII. I'm so tired and I dreamt nightmares of clowns.
Jester Thomas is now my #1 enemy

marrec

Banned
The question is, do I replay TiTs on my PC?

Easily my favorite jRPG of last gen... but I still have it on my Vita. :-/

Hmm...

dot

Trails has a store page now? I heard it was good...adding to the wishlist. Also can't do wrong with more JRPGS.

In other news i'm patching Hearthstone right now and apparently from reading the patch notes the new game board mentions spider eggs and spiders. Of course.

WHY MUST EVERYTHING HAVE SPIDERS ;-;

Toki767

No, this is the first game. It's part of the larger "The Legend of Heroes" series I suppose (not super well versed) but this is the first game of the Trails/Kiseki series. Second chapter (SC) will be the 2nd whenever we see that on steam.

To add to that, in numbering conventions, it is the 6th game in the "The Legend of Heroes" series. This is also the first game in a trilogy where the Second Chapter has been announced for localization, though the third chapter hasn't.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Do you have to have a game to buy and play the DLC(family share)? Have been playing Dark Souls II through family sharing and I was wondering whether I could just buy myself the DLC or whether I need to gift it to my friend.
You have to gift it to the friend as people pointed out a page or two ago.

Nete

Halfway (u_u) there!

aliensCOCKIT.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nete, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Halfway -- MB-FFB8AF5FF8CA1A43 - Taken by Copons. 56 entrants total.

t1406057432z1.png

Here's my thoughts on the "off-topic" stuff.

Despite what some here dislike, there are games on Steam with anime-style, and they are just as much a part of Steam discussion as anything else is. There are games with alpacas, too. Saying you don't like discussions about them but are okay with other Steam stuff is pretty hypocritical.

Yeah.....No.

Just because games are of a certain genre or topic doesn't mean it's ok to thread shit page after page of img's and gif's. That really has nothing to do with 'liking the subject matter'.

Jawmuncher

I just abandon thread for a few pages if "off-top" stuff starts to become overbearing.

On topic: I stayed up too late playing DSII. I'm so tired and I dreamt nightmares of clowns.
Jester Thomas is now my #1 enemy

You're getting a new tag on steam

Phoenix296 (likes to change avatars often)

Turfster

Humble Squenix bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Thief Gold
  • Daikatana
  • Mini ninjas
  • Anachronox
  • Hitman Codename 47
  • Hitman 2 Silent Assassin
TIER 2: BTA
  • Deus Ex Invisible War
  • Deus Ex The Fall
  • Hitman Absolution
  • Nosgoth Veteran pack
  • Battlestations Midway
TIER 3: 15$
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut
  • Just Cause 2
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
  • Deus Ex
  • Kane & Lynch 2

Trails has a store page now? I heard it was good...adding to the wishlist. Also can't do wrong with more JRPGS.

In other news i'm patching Hearthstone right now and apparently from reading the patch notes the new game board mentions spider eggs and spiders. Of course.

WHY MUST EVERYTHING HAVE SPIDERS ;-;

It's based off Naxxramas. (Best raid dungeon ever) There was a whole wing dedicated to spiders with one huge raid boss spider right at the end of it.

You're getting a new tag on steam

Phoenix296 (likes to change avatars often)

Not really, this is my old avatar during the steam sale.

Deitus

Here's my thoughts on the "off-topic" stuff.

-snip-

tl;dr version: There are many types of people out there with different tastes. Trying to assimilate them through complaining and wishing how "this thread went back to normal" is both useless and cluttering up the thread. Taking a constructive approach would be much better.

I'm of two minds on this. On the one hand, you are right that people need to adjust to the fact that people in the thread will talk about things they have no interest in, and deal with it unless it gets out of hand. And when it does get out of hand, spending 5 pages discussing how anime or whatever has ruined the thread is no more beneficial than spending 2 pages talking about anime or whatever.

On the other hand, a lot of the derailing is unintentional, where individuals don't do anything especially wrong, but a large number of people doing the same thing snowballs to the point of total derailment. I think some (constructive) criticism is merited to help people understand the impact of their actions and rein them in in the future. Especially in the context that other threads have required mod intervention over the same issues.

I think people are justified in raising concerns over significant derailment. I just wish most people would approach it from a more practical standpoint instead of "people posting X are ruining the thread".

Ventara

Yeah.....No.

Just because games are of a certain genre or topic doesn't mean it's ok to thread shit page after page of img's and gif's. That really has nothing to do with 'liking the subject matter'.

If you don't like it, why didn't you post something to steer the discussion? Or do you prefer complaining about it after it's passed?

Edit:

Humble Squenix bundle
  • Thief Gold
  • Daikatana
  • Mini ninjas
  • Anachronox
  • Hitman Codename 47
  • Deus Ex Invisible War
  • Deus Ex The Fall
  • Hitman Absolution
  • Nosgoth Veteran pack
  • Battlestations Midway
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut
  • Just Cause 2
  • Deus Ex
  • Kane & Lynch 2

OMG! It's Mini Ninjas! Bought!

I'm of two minds on this. On the one hand, you are right that people need to adjust to the fact that people in the thread will talk about things they have no interest in, and deal with it unless it gets out of hand. And when it does get out of hand, spending 5 pages discussing how anime or whatever has ruined the thread is no more beneficial than spending 2 pages talking about anime or whatever.

On the other hand, a lot of the derailing is unintentional, where individuals don't do anything especially wrong, but a large number of people doing the same thing snowballs to the point of total derailment. I think some (constructive) criticism is merited to help people understand the impact of their actions and rein them in in the future. Especially in the context that other threads have required mod intervention over the same issues.

I think people are justified in raising concerns over significant derailment. I just wish most people would approach it from a more practical standpoint instead of "people posting X are ruining the thread".

I agree that constructive feedback is nice. I'll take that over all the complaining any day.

Not feeling the worth of the Squenix bundle since all I want out of it are the Hitman games. It's totally badass for the people that don't have most of those though.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xxPVMYM.png

Mystery Game -- MB-DE9391B0F32201BE - Taken by _hekk05. 29 entrants total.

t1406062953z1.png

So, now realizing that F-Pina is in fact someone who worked on Detective Case, telling him i ran across an MLP fanfic that starred Clown Bot and Pinkie Pie while looking for the answers to his quiz for his giveaway, has made me feel strangely weird now.

Humble Squenix bundle
  • Thief Gold
  • Daikatana
  • Mini ninjas
  • Anachronox
  • Hitman Codename 47
  • DX Invisible War
  • DX The Fall
  • Hitman Absolution
  • Nosgoth Veteran
  • Battlestations Midway
  • DX HR
  • Just Cause 2
  • DX
  • Kane & Lynch 2
Thats actually nice, will probably go for the second tier.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
A bit off topic, but there's a new League of Legends cinematic out and it's amazing! There's a Nine Tailed Fox character for you anime waifu types...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzHrjOMfHPY

This looks so much better than the actual game.

Humble Squenix bundle
  • Thief Gold
  • Daikatana
  • Mini ninjas
  • Anachronox
  • Hitman Codename 47
  • DX Invisible War
  • DX The Fall
  • Hitman Absolution
  • Nosgoth Veteran
  • Battlestations Midway
  • DX HR
  • Just Cause 2
  • DX
  • Kane & Lynch 2

Hell of a bundle. DX at $15 is a little much though, that should have been in the lowest tier honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom