• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is Invisible War bad? It's the only game in the series that I've never played. It has an 80 meta critic score so it's weird to see everyone bad mouthing it

Toki767

Are any of the games in the BTA tier even worth it? Deus Ex: IW and The Fall are better off not existing in my mind, and I haven't play Hitman Absoultion even though I like the series because of bad impressions I heard about it. But I'm thinking they might have some really good game I want later appear in the coming soon like Final Fantasy VII or VIII -___-

There is no way they would put FFVII or VIII under BTA. They would have gone in the $15 tier. We're probably going to get stuff like Blood Money or older Tomb Raider games.

Ok, giveaway is over and Clown Bot is happy.
The magnificent (fast as hell!) winners are:
YianGaruga
BadRamen
Sendou

Have fun playing the game guys!
As for those wo didn't win, if we get a 4th Steam July thread, I will create another giveaway, this time with 4 keys :p

Don't give them ideas!!!!

AngerdX

Went with the 1$ tier just to have them on steam even tho i already played most of them, atleast now i can finsih mini ninjas. :)

Jawmuncher

Is Invisible War bad? It's the only game in the series that I've never played. It has an 80 meta critic score so it's weird to see everyone bad mouthing it

It's no Dino Crisis 3 I know that much.
Its bad since it made things simpler than the first Is really its biggest issue.

r3n4ud

Take em away folks
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (r3n4ud, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Thief Gold -- MB-45ECCDE281B98297 - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-56F6420D423D1955 - Taken by Shalashaska
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-60734F202758219A - Taken by Gangxxter

Deus Ex The Fall is pretty terrible, right? shit, and they'll probably make TR2013 the bonus game next week. Bah at this bundle.

Also, Invisible War was one of the early versions of Derrrrrrrrrrr Let's Make Our Game Super Fucking Simple Because Console Gamers are Fuckwits.

The level design is compromised so that it could work well with the Xbox 1, the game's design was extremely streamlined (every gun uses the same exact ammo, for example), and it's story it unremarkable. all i remember was that there were two competing coffee vendors and dundundunnnnnnnnnn
theyre the same fucking company

Copons

I'm not going to lie.... I only purchased the BTA tier for the mystery game(s) lol.

Yup, I'm thinking to do the same actually.
Most of those games have routinely been very cheap here and there over the years, and I already own what I actually want (except Hitman games, which in fact I don't know if I want it...).

Let's hope the 15$ fixed price tier won't raise the BTA too much, though.

Jørdan

ss_cb1fc0a9161b907484325e17545dc4bbe39cf12f.600x338.jpg

I don't know what is happening here, but I like it. I like the system requirements even more.

Turfster

Invisible war is... a disappointment.
It's one of the first PC games to get fucked over by shitty console main release targeting for the OG XBOX and its paltry memory and controller instead of a keyboard and mouse.

It's not a bad game, but it was a definite letdown after the first one.
Still worth a playthrough, in my book.

Anachronox really is worth grabbing the first tier for. While it certainly looks it's age, it's writing and Adventure (it's far and above more point and click than standard combat RPG) are still quite entertaining today.

Listen to this man.
Anachronox is gold.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Anachronox really is worth grabbing the first tier for. While it certainly looks it's age, it's writing and Adventure (it's far and above more point and click than standard combat RPG) are still quite entertaining today.

Taking a bigger clue from Tex Murphy or Richard Conway - Hat Fancier than say JC Denton , it's a game to play for it's story and laughs and enjoy the characters and how they interact with first and foremost. However unlike Gunpoint, there isn't much to the combat, and as such it's recommend you simply play on the easiest difficulty setting so that you can simply go forward easily where the rest of the game shines.

Brilliant in it's design as most every aspect, including how you interact with options or check your inventory, is set around the story and never feels out of place to fit the confines of being a game.

It is an old game and going off Quake II engine, so dated graphics to be sure can hinder some, but for at the time and even today I believe, the artwork of characters and locations still stand out as quite good.

Warning the game is old and even at the time could be glitchy. Annoying to have a game crash or a battle unable to be completed, but all can be powered through and it's well worth any hassles.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Game 1 -- MB-4E15FD1D447B1C34 - Taken by Madridy. 19 entrants total.
Mystery Game 2 -- MB-DCA8BF408D846C00 - Taken by derExperte. 22 entrants total.

t1406064213z1.png

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

It's less ambitious than its predecessor and streamlined some interface stuff in order to operate better on the Xbox. Stuff like shared ammo pool is a genuine annoyance. That said, I still enjoyed some of the locales and it finally picked up - if a little too late in the game for mostly anyone to care.

Alex D unfortunately doesn't drop any game-changing lines like "What a shame" though, so.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-72FF35F685135EC0 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-33C33FB6C37CAF43 - Taken by Ogedai_Khan
This is the first Hitman game, in case there's any confusion
Mini Ninjas -- MB-2E5E1BBC7DD2443F - Taken by Nabs
This is a cute little 3D action adventure with some light brawling and puzzles elements. Nice sort of pastelly art style. Somewhat kid friendly. I liked my time with it.

Shadownet

Banned
Well I just wanna thanks all the people who sent me messages, talked to me and all that stuff. You know who you are so I won't mention names. I appreciate it, really I do. I read every single one of it.

I think SteamGAF is the best community on here, most fun too. I'm not crazy about the anime waifu stuff either, but I just scrolled pass it whenever I see it, and post about whatever game I want to talk about. Same with the alpaca stuff. Sometimes it's fun to bring those stuff into this thread, but they don't really take over the thread for that long. As a guy who was first creeped out by the alpaca stuff, I learned that its all fun and game and now I just laugh at it, like it was intended to be.

So just have fun and enjoy the off-topic stuff every now and then. If you don't like it, post something about Steam that you want to talk about and try to steer the thread in a direction you like, or just scroll past it all. No need to make other people feel bad for enjoying themselves.

I've been to other forums, and regarding off-topic stuff goes. the derailing we do here, is much better than other places. I'd take anime waifu, and alpaca over the other stuff I've seen any day.

Thank you for reading.

------------

I'm really excited for Trails in the Sky and Halfway now.

AsylumX

Humble Squenix bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Thief Gold
  • Daikatana
  • Mini ninjas
  • Anachronox
  • Hitman Codename 47
  • Hitman 2 Silent Assassin
TIER 2: BTA
  • Deus Ex Invisible War
  • Deus Ex The Fall
  • Hitman Absolution
  • Nosgoth Veteran pack
  • Battlestations Midway
TIER 3: 15$
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut
  • Just Cause 2
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
  • Deus Ex
  • Kane & Lynch 2

Sleeping Dogs will be the extra game... plus Just Cause 2 DLC

Jawmuncher

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Jawmuncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deus Ex Human Revolution DC -- MB-0D95B6DFAC4837F3 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 16 entrants total.
Thief Gold -- MB-C0BBEB9A56F15CE3 - Taken by Scythian. 2 entrants total.
Just Cause 2 -- MB-0212B73B9B55C518 - Taken by chronomac. 12 entrants total.

t1406054378z1.png

Sadly there are no dinosaurs

Humble Squenix bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Thief Gold
  • Daikatana
  • Mini ninjas
  • Anachronox
  • Hitman Codename 47
  • Hitman 2 Silent Assassin
TIER 2: BTA
  • Deus Ex Invisible War
  • Deus Ex The Fall
  • Hitman Absolution
  • Nosgoth Veteran pack
  • Battlestations Midway
TIER 3: 15$
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's Cut
  • Just Cause 2
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
  • Deus Ex
  • Kane & Lynch 2
Very solid bundle. I might have something to giveaway soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom