• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y10JSkO.png

steamyears802_54.png

8 years. Where as the time gone?

I started with a £20 copy of Half-Life 2: Game of the Year Edition. I bought it from GAME so that I could play Counter-Strike: Source with some friends over summer before we went to university. I grabbed The Orange Box the year after and Audiosurf when it launched a few months later. I drifted away from Steam until 2010 when Torchlight brought me back in and my PC gaming ramped up a lot from 2012 when I built my first PC. My Steam profile counts 955 games; I never would have thought that such a thing would happen when I first made my account all those years ago.

Thank you to jshackles for such an incredible product. Enhanced Steam makes browsing the store a much easier experience and Idle Master funded all of my Steam Summer Seal purchases this year. Thank you for all your hard work <3

I'd also like to thank everyone in this thread. I really enjoy the community here and spend most of my online time (trying) to read the thread. I look forward to many more years of Seals, anime and everything under the Sun that isn't Half-Life 3 :D

MadGear

B0HVnTG.gif

Thorns are a right pain. The loose wall jumping controls don't help.

Just played through the game and I really struggled to see the thorns on ground because for me some of them (the small blueish ones) blended with the foreground. Don't know how many times I ran into them when i was at 1-2 life and died. Not that it matters much due to the free saving but dying repeatedly to them made me slightly mad at some point (totally my fault though).
However controls get a lot better as you progress.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for PC Is Not a Port from Xbox One: “Mindblowing” at 4K on a 70” TV

After reiterating that the PC version supports 4K resolution, DirectX 12, unlocked frame rate and all the Windows 10 features including Xbox Live, GameDVR and screenshots, he mentioned that back in 2007 the PC version was simply a port of the Xbox 360 version.

This PC version is not a port. It’s enhanced greatly, and all the content is “authored at a much higher rate.” There are 4K textures all the way through the environment. For Xbox One the team had to resize them appropriately, but on the PC they could just “turn off those clamps and unlock it fully, and the world just becomes super crisp.”

derExperte

Jesus christ, this thread is beyond help:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1078651

Why did i even clicked on it.

Not nearly as bad as expected. And fantomena being salty about folks not appreciating console gaming while regularly bringing it up in the Steam thread for no apparent reason sure is funny.

In other news I'm rubbish at playing Rogue Legacy. Like I'm 4hrs in and still get destroyed when leaving the first 'area'.

And the third episode of Tales from the Borderlands was kind of a mess.

And it's been over a year since e3 of Kentucky Route Zero. Fuck.

PARANO1A

Now I just want to install Torchlight 2 and play it some more. Diablo 3 is more fun multiplayer but for my money Torchlight games are the better single player game.
It makes me so mad that both TL2 and Diablo 3 don't support controller play on PC when they do on consoles. There's few things I like more than wasting his on a loot game while lying on my couch.

The first company that does this well is going to be very, very popular on Steam.

Mr. Doop

Not nearly as bad as expected. And fantomena being salty about folks not appreciating console gaming while regularly bringing it up in the Steam thread for no apparent reason sure is funny.

In other news I'm rubbish at playing Rogue Legacy. Like I'm 4hrs in and still get destroyed when leaving the first 'area'.

Yeah, that will happen until you upgrade a lot. I think it took me around 18 hours to beat the whole game.

PARANO1A

In other news I'm replaying Deus Ex HR, the Director's Cut this time. I bailed half way through last time due to a no combat build bring frustrating to use throughout one mission.

I'm really, really digging it. I do have a problem with having to save / load every few steps because stealth is unforgiving and clunky and I am just no good at these types of games. I'm not playing less perfect slow and deadly spy and more cyber badass who can turn invisible and I feel like a god. Hope to wrap it up this week.

Anteater

Its a discussion board when everyone agrees, if you dont like a game that a majority of people like theyll basically just tell you to shut and and dont even share your opinon, like when i said i dont like valve's games.

hey that was grief, I couldn't care less if you think half life 2 is a giant turd, I didn't even finish ep1!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Original Strife: Veteran Edition -- MB-32B2DAB96C26B864 - Taken by Loptous

Pachimari

I'm primarily gonna buy licensed games on Steam from now on I think - will still buy the ones that interests me of course. But today, I'll try find copies of Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 1 & 2 from some trader.

Grief.exe

I'm primarily gonna buy licensed games on Steam from now on I think - will still buy the ones that interests me of course. But today, I'll try find copies of Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 1 & 2 from some trader.

We should make some noise to Ubisoft to get those titles back on Steam, like ANNO 1404.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Munin -- MB-459B25685B14DF0E - Taken by PunishedSnake
Ted by Dawn -- MB-02EEED31483B2E9A - Taken by derExperte
Yargis -- MB-9AEFA30CBC0939FD - Taken by bobnowhere
Original Strife: Veteran Edition-- MB-D38E07415EB8870F - Taken by Purkake4
. Strife is the original game, ITS NOT the F2P strife, sorry for confusion. Keys should all work.

Uzzy

Heh, true :p

So what were BB 1, 2 and 3? What were the others? None of the games have numbers :/

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (1st game)
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (2nd game)
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II (revision)
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend (revision)
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma (3rd game)
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend (revision)

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-B1B52FC8D0141B06 - Taken by L.O.R.D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom