• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

another confession
i played Dino crisis , died at the first dino
never play it again for 1 year
play it again and reached to the area where
T Rex come from the big window and eat me
, never again put the disc into my PS1 again

sorry Jawmuncher

=====================

Doesn't he appear in both B campaigns? (New Game+)

i don't know , we barely manged to finish the game under 20 hour

Jawmuncher

one of the scariest moment in RE3

H1evgvv.gif

forget about the dogs , they do little damage and can be killed easily

this fucker was pain in the ass

when i was 12 years old i never played this game , only to watch
because of the tank control that make me very nervous all the time , and when times like this i freeze instantly
so i let my little brother or older sister play instead of me
i just cheer them up and guide them

Completely agree. Nemesis wins hands down for RE scares. Mr.X is a pushover compared to NEMESIS! Such a shame his best appearance after RE3 ( sans UMVC3) was Resident Evil Apocalypse. The film treated him better there than his other game appearances in Umbrella Chronicles & Operatoon Racoon City. Especially with his trademark "Staaaaars" also obligatory image as to why RE3 is still the best

another confession
i played Dino crisis , died at the first dino
never play it again for 1 year
play it again and reached to the area where
T Rex come from the big window and eat me
, never again put the disc into my PS1 again

sorry Jawmuncher

I'm sorry for your loss. At least you tried.

Jawmuncher

I played Dino Crisis. I ran out of ammo and couldn't do shit without dying so I gave up.

Was odd that there was no melee equivalent in that game. Fixed that in DC2 though, despite ammo never being a problem there. DC1 more so than RE is quite possible to get yourself in a no win state. But mainly only early on. Unless you purposefully waste ammo.

L.O.R.D

Was odd that there was no melee equivalent in that game. Fixed that in DC2 though, despite ammo never being a problem there. DC1 more so than RE is quite possible to get yourself in a no win state. But mainly only early on. Unless you purposefully waste ammo.
Dino crisis was like brutal mode for RE
Zombies was slow
Raptors in the other hand was very fast and hard to shoot at

Teggy

Hello people.

Just saw some new media of AC Synidicate at Gamersyde and it kinda feels like Unity had better looking faces.

But these actually have skin on them, so I think they look better.

Holy hell I spent about 28 hours on AC3. I always have to do some of the stupid side missions just to see where they lead. Captain Kidd's treasure map missions were the best part of the game IMHO.

Uzzy

I played Dino Crisis 1 back when it first came out and loved it. The first time I played Resident Evil was with 5, and my first time with the original RE was with the new HD version that came out this year.

Lain

Yesterday I tried playing Mana Collect but I encountered a problem loading the game (game would load at 4fps, so... slooooow) and found out the bug appeared in June and they were working on it. It was cool to see an update to the game today that fixed that.
so I managed to try out the tutorial and it seems a weird but interesting action/competitive puzzle game.

H1evgvv.gif

because of the tank control that make me very nervous all the time , and when times like this i freeze instantly

lord pls

H1evgvv.gif

I played that game as a kid and screamed at that jump scare moment

shockdude

Huh, the OP still says to use MotioninJoy. Hope everybody knows better by now.
Yeah, always a good time to remind people of the Scarlet.Crush drivers for PS3 controllers.

Motioninjoy is a better PS3 controller driver as SCP doesn't support remapping the DPAD to the left stick, but it takes 3x the effort to set up safely compared to SCP. If you just want a PS3 controller to work, use SCP.

Surprising no one, the GMG summer sale Playfire rewards aren't crediting probably because they haven't fixed that bug where the system ignores task completion in the last 24 hours

What I've experienced so far in The Flame in the Flood backer beta:

WARM FUZZIES:

It is a very rare and welcome experience when a game manages to call back memories of my childhood. Growing up my dad always spent thirty minutes reading to me in bed. Huckleberry Finn, Tom Sawyer, anything by Tolkien were the stand outs of the bunch. He'd alter his voice for the different characters and managed to enthrall me as I lay in bed. The Flame in the Flood's river journey hearkens me back to that time in my life and I love it for that. My pops was a mean ass bass player. I spent a good number of years listening to him slapping and popping and laying down harmonics in various bands and locales across the south. The kickstarter pitch video sold me on the game, but I don't know if I would have backed without the soundtrack. That's the kind of music I grew up appreciating, the kind of music that my dad would have been happy listening to. It's the kind of music I look forward to listening to myself. My only regret is that I wasn't able to afford to back at a higher tier and get him in the game.

On to the game actual. The UI really compliments the art style really well. It feels like a natural extension of the game. I love grabbing new supplies and seeing the pop up text in the right bottom corner stating a new diagram has been added. I have only used a wired xbox 360 controller when playing the game. It handles movement really well. When pulling into the dock I like the apprehension that I feel as I'm wondering what I'm going to discover there. Is there food, water, or shelter? Which one am I really in need of now? Are there wolves? I must admit that if I am not in any particular need of the previously mentioned items if I see a wolf I'm running for the raft. The really cold steel ball in the stomach feeling comes when I am in great need of any of them and have to face the wolf/wolves anyway. The risk versus the reward is nicely balanced. The rafting at times can be my favorite part of the game. Riding down the river gently floating at times, grabbing supplies when and where I can, and shooting the rapids skillfully enough to stay dry and leaving the raft undamaged makes me feel like a boss. Also rafting at night when a storm rolls in is one of the most beautiful (and deadly) moments of the game.

NOT SO WARM AND FUZZIES:

As much as I enjoy the rafting bits, they are responsible for the vast majority of my untimely deaths. The trees on the right hand side of the river obfuscate the view too much to use that side of the river consistently. This leaves me with half the field to play in. As I am limited in what side of the river I am using I miss out a lot of times on the docking locales on that side. The raft can be quite unwieldy to operate at times but I kind of expect it to be. This isn't some high tech inflatable river runner here. It is made up of scavenged bits and bobs. But I feel as though the raft takes too much damage from striking objects in the river. It doesn't help that in five hours playing the game I have never been able to gather the materials needed to repair it. As awesome as I think the ui is there are some ease of use things that could be changed/added to make things better for players. Having items that stack automatically stack in inventory if all the slots are used would be great. Having to constantly juggle items in the dog's inventory just so I can add one more item can be frustrating (you carry over items in the dog's inventory from one play through to another). Some items that I have crafted have not shown up in my inventory (stone knife in particular).

Obviously the game is still in the early stages of development. But it's shaping up quite nicely. It'll be releasing on Steam at some point and you can be sure I'll be pestering all of you to buy it.

Kagemusha

Surprising no one, the GMG summer sale Playfire rewards aren't crediting probably because they haven't fixed that bug where the system ignores task completion in the last 24 hours
Playfire rewards is a million dollar mistake. It's nothing but trash. They don't even remind you to play your games for rewards when you claim your keys. Or maybe they do and I don't notice. Would have played doom today had I known.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Nuuvem highlights: Pillars of Eternity - $15. Crawl - $4.43.

Also Alien Isolation is on sale, though I'm not sure of the region lock.

inm8num2

BttF isn't very good. The game is just so goddamn boring in terms of the puzzles and story. Nothing interesting to do or see. It just plods along. I had to force myself to finish it. :p

Deques

Nuuvem highlights: Pillars of Eternity - $15. Crawl - $4.43.

Also Alien Isolation is on sale, though I'm not sure of the region lock.

Should I get it? I see it's a multiplayer game, and only local multiplayer game. Is the game fun even if I don't have real life friends to play with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom