• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjanN

4?
Isn't it like the 8th game by now? :/

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma
BlazBlue: Central Fiction <--- the just announced one

Everything else was either updated versions of the same games (the Extend versions) or spinoffs (Xblaze visual novels etc)

Can't wait for Ultra Turbo Blazblue 4 to include the DLC and 2 more new characters.

This joke was already beating a dead horse back in the 90s.

At least one positive thing about the PC versions being late is that so far we skipped right to the final version of each game.

Jawmuncher

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger (1st game)
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift (2nd game)
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift II (revision)
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend (revision)
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma (3rd game)
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Extend (revision)

Xblaze Code Embryo and Xblaze Lost Memories despite being VNs are in the same universe and actually correlate to event in the BB series. Not like that matters for this question. Just wanted to bring it up.

I need to get BBChrono Extend so I can play the story. Was nice of continuum shift to have all of the story up to that point.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It took a few days but I've finally confirmed that it's my PC's PSU that kicked the bucket and not the motherboard, which is a relief.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Huntsman: The Orphanage (Halloween Edition) -- MB-2E836D2C862F1D32 - Taken by Capt.Haddock

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Battlepaths -- MB-76ED6521733CF540 - Taken by fertygo. 1 entrants total.
UnderGarden -- MB-CBD50A5877975920 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Trash TV -- MB-296A920ACF7084A6 - Taken by Hektor. 1 entrants total.
Grave Prosperity: Redux- part 1 -- MB-7B53BBCCD82DBD27 - Taken by anastef. 2 entrants total.
Marine Sharpshooter II -- MB-7BBC0B7DD70789E1
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-F5C086F6F1D2A4F7 - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Gold Rush! Classic -- MB-386762252A63368A - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.

t1436710629z1.png
. Keys should all work. I think.

Uzzy

How's shadowrun? I like the aesthetics.

Personally, I think Dragonfall's the best RPG of last year. It's got a really interesting story, a great cast of characters for your party and a great setting that actually feels alive and lived in, full of actual people. Dragonfall is far superior to the original campaign, Dead Man's Switch, and the Director's Cut edition is entirely standalone.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kagemusha:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Slinki -- MB-9DDFD8D4D5EF2A52 - Taken by Tizoc
SOULBRINGER (ShinyLoot) -- MB-FEE7EAD6DB1C72CE - Taken by Mikurden - Taken by PunishedSnake
Huntsman -- MB-312CDC9A42FC5477 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Pahelika -- MB-A2FB2D5EABE3145B - Taken by JustLynx
Huntsman #2 -- MB-D8A339A9F14B01AF - Taken by xGreg
Some of these may have rotted and might not work

JaseC

Sorry about your PSU but yeah, much easier and a bit cheaper to replace than mobo.

My concern with potentially having to replace the motherboard was finding a new one that's conducive to overclocking. With LGA 1155 having been EOL for yonks now, all I could find on eBay were a few international listings with ridiculous shipping rates.

I'll be buying the replacement PSU from a local store, which limits my options a bit. I've narrowed it down to either the Corsair RM-850 or Cooler Master V1000 and am leaning towards the former as 850W is more than enough for SLI systems (not that I'm part of that camp at this stage) and the SATA power cables are slightly longer (I have a full-size case and a bunch of drives).

My concern with potentially having to replace the motherboard was finding a new one that's conducive to overclocking. With LGA 1155 having been EOL for yonks now, all I could find on eBay were a few international listings with ridiculous shipping rates.
You are oc'ing your CPU, which model? I looked up many benchmarks prior to deciding a CPU but there wasn't much performance difference between clock-rates, so I went with a non-K CPU.

komorebi

Jesus christ, this thread is beyond help:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1078651

Why did i even clicked on it.

I can sympathize with that thread to some degree. I'm primarily a PC gamer and I'm not blind to the sometimes prickish elitism that comes with the territory. Case in point, I spent the last three days researching the web for monitor impressions since I might upgrade/sidegrade here soon, and you wouldn't believe the shit I had to trawl through. But it always comes down to one's perspective, one's personal attitude and approach to life. I've lashed out at PC elitism in the past, hell I've sometimes been responsible for it and probably contributed to the stereotype. But then I walk away for a bit and remember what really matters and find that its just me that has the temporary hiccup. This applies to anything, really. Maybe that thread will help others see the same.

EDIT: aaand EviLore just choke-slammed the thread

Don't like PC gamers thread got locked.

Was surprised to see some thinking an extra 5$ PC-tax would be fine. PC being better with performance I guess. Really weird argument and I never thought to read something like that.

Anteater

Seeing that Evilore locked the thread I wonder if the dude frequent the gaming side much, he doesn't seem to participate in gaming discussion much, or at least I don't see him much in the threads I click into.

JaseC

You are oc'ing your CPU, which model? I looked up many benchmarks prior to deciding a CPU but there wasn't much performance difference between clock-rates, so I went with a non-K CPU.

2600K. It was at 4.6GHz but is currently sitting at 4.4GHz as I lost one of the thumb screws while installing an AIO water cooling kit and so the cooler isn't quite properly seated. One of these days I'll e-mail DeepCool and enquire about a replacement set of screws.

Clearout. Edit: There is no Rocksmith in this giveaway. The multiple Arma 2's are the expansions/DLC.
ModBot said:
Instructions for RunWhiteBoyRun:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (RunWhiteBoyRun, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Alpha Prime- -- MB-7780FA3C3BBFE660 - Taken by Patison
Arma 2 #4 -- MB-BCB257E2D73A3A7F - Taken by nightstorm
Arma 2 #3 -- MB-519B41536E3903DD - Taken by gimel
Arma 2 #2 -- MB-1EAC686E3E7990F8 - Taken by Eila
Arma 2 -- MB-6F7571A1736FBAB9 - Taken by PunishedSnake
Take On Helicopters Bundle- -- MB-4389E8574211BD60 - Taken by gabbo
Arma 2- -- MB-CB46B9FA30F901AA - Taken by Kuroyume
UFO -- MB-D046C4F9174C1D0A - Taken by xGreg
Fish Fillets 2- -- MB-E1AB551E34024C01
Arma Tactics- -- MB-178E7D9600EA0E3C - Taken by crazyrabbits
Arma -- MB-AFD37BAE9D87211F - Taken by Natty1

Phinor

Even a year ago it was close to impossible to find a proper LGA1155 motherboard in Finland or even Europe when I was trying to replace parts for a friend of mine. I don't really know why they phased out the motherboards so quickly when they keep selling socket 1155 processors. The used market wasn't much help either. Eventually we had to give up with the dream of keeping his existing processor and went with a new though much more expensive 4670 setup that performs pretty identically to his previous 2500k build.

I dread the day my motherboard dies and I have to replace everything to get nearly identical performance I already had.

Don't like PC gamers thread got locked.

Was surprised to see some thinking an extra 5$ PC-tax would be fine. PC being better with performance I guess. Really weird argument and I never thought to read something like that.

That thread was weird anyway.

OP seemed to pretend all those "1080p or nothing for PS4." threads don't/didn't exist or something.

Seeing that Evilore locked the thread I wonder if the dude frequent the gaming side much, he doesn't seem to participate in gaming discussion much, or at least I don't see him much in the threads I click into.

He lurks a ton.

He lurks there often. He's the one who made that silly genderbent link thread after all.

Yeah, he doesn't participate in gaming discussion which I think is for the best.

komorebi

Clearout. Edit: There is no Rocksmith in this giveaway. The multiple Arma 2's are the expansions/DLC.

Cheers.

Actually it looks like I got Operation Arrowhead, but I don't have Arma 2.

EDIT: looks like the code has already been redeemed, Steam rejected me. No worries though.

Try and grab the one that just says Arma 2, it might be the base game.

I was too slow but thanks anyway.

2600K. It was at 4.6GHz but is currently sitting at 4.4GHz as I lost one of the thumb screws while installing an AIO water cooling kit and so the cooler isn't quite properly seated. One of these days I'll e-mail DeepCool and enquire about a replacement set of screws.
That's a nice CPU. Shame your cooling unit uses special screws..

I guess you are..
(•_•)
( •_•)>&#8976;&#9632;-&#9632;
(&#8976;&#9632;_&#9632;)
screwed

JaseC

Even a year ago it was close to impossible to find a proper LGA1155 motherboard in Finland or even Europe when I was trying to replace parts for a friend of mine. I don't really know why they phased out the motherboards so quickly when they keep selling socket 1155 processors. The used market wasn't much help either. Eventually we had to give up with the dream of keeping his existing processor and went with a new though much more expensive 4670 setup that performs pretty identically to his previous 2500k build.

I dread the day my motherboard dies and I have to replace everything to get nearly identical performance I already had.

Yeah, I'd figured that if I need to pay $80+ for shipping and wait god-knows-how-long for the package to arrive then I might as well just move up to a Devil's Canyon build.

That's a nice CPU. Shame your cooling unit uses special screws..

I guess you are..
(&#8226;_&#8226;)
( &#8226;_&#8226;)>&#8976;&#9632;-&#9632;
(&#8976;&#9632;_&#9632;)
screwed

You know, I never thought to check if the screws are some sort of proprietary ones. If they're just regular thumb screws then I may be able to find a fourth laying around here somewhere.

Cheers.

Actually it looks like I got Operation Arrowhead, but I don't have Arma 2.

EDIT: looks like the code has already been redeemed, Steam rejected me. No worries though.

I was too slow but thanks anyway.

That's weird, my bad... I used the gift option on all unused keys on Humble to get the links.

Pachimari

I made the same mistake of buying a Mac version of a game, this time The Force Unleashed - Ultimate Sith Edition - man that Star Wars hype from Comic Con!

Before starting up Hitman: Agent 47, is there any mods I should install?

DocSeuss

Evilore is honestly one of my favorite posters, and I'm not just saying that. The thread that really cemented my view of him was the awesome double-OT he did a few years ago.

It sucks that he doesn't post more.

Health issues and work have prevented me from gaming in the past few days, I'm starting to wonder if I'll be done with TW3 before the first expansion hits.

Anteater

my esc key works again, don't know if I've posted about it last night but my esc randomly stopped working in windows for me, and it wasn't my keyboard, it stopped working in torchlight 2 where I'm using a controller and it maps the start button to esc and it stopped working on my keyboard with all other programs, a reboot fixed it, so I wasn't being crazy.

i don't know how that's related to steam but thanks for reading!

JaseC

Every Mac game on Steam also gives you the Windows version, except for Call of Duty: Black Ops

What's odd is that when Acti made the Definite Collection and Black Ops bundles it bundled the Windows and Mac versions. At the time I thought that Acti was finally going to add the Mac apps to the Windows subs (and vice-versa) and then kill off the Mac-specific subs, but alas, no such luck.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
started playing some Lego Batman 3 and it seems like with each new lego game the levels get longer and longer

I thought the planet-based levels were pretty short. The average level time for the games has always been ~10-15 minutes long and I didn't feel like Batman 3 really stepped outside that average when I played it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom