• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wh0MP5J.png

Im about halfway done with Lisa and that game is fucking ridiculous. Definitely not for the easily offended or triggered. Imagine if Earthbound had no reservations as to being grim and morbid. It's super dark but I feel like it carries itself well through that. It's superbly written, I feel like it's genuinely funny, there are some great references throughout
for instance when you defeat an enemy, he starts singing Crossroads from Bone Thugs and Harmony
, and the soundtrack is amazing. Most of the enemies are just plain ol humans which could be extremely boring except the dev made sure to give each character a personality. There are also some great uses of player choice such as having to choose between a party member or your arm which permanently gimps you for the rest of the game. Lisa is probably one of my favorites games that I've played recently. I can't wait for the sequel that's apparently dropping soon

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Royal Defense -- MB-D1A332EE45DCC6E9 - Taken by arts&crafts
Memories of a Vagabond -- MB-B8E439ABBAB96A47 - Taken by gar3
FLY'N -- MB-A2F260CBB52FA4EF - Taken by ussjtrunks
Yury -- MB-AEA78635CB5C74D9 - Taken by Hektor
Drive to Hell -- MB-9B1A8CAFD03862A5 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Munin -- MB-9DAF15A55345623C - Taken by Kifimbo
Gunworld -- MB-81DA103621441280 - Taken by Purkake4
SWORD OF THE STARS: THE PIT GOLD Plus THE PILGRIM DLC -- MB-0F6AA126EAD9F501 - Taken by Dusk Golem
Top Hat -- MB-2DCC4A44136A1873 - Taken by Undead Bokun
David -- MB-B2D267497403A5D5 - Taken by gurm3n
Lilly And Sasha: Curse of the Immortals -- MB-BC240CC1E943A962 - Taken by Deques
Leona's Tricky Adventures -- MB-624296AAC2C4C85E - Taken by xGreg
Thief Town -- MB-D3EEE13FF74C98FF - Taken by thereisnoif
Silent Service 2 -- MB-2F1C85CB6A357BEA - Taken by Zero-Crescent
Pixel Piracy -- MB-538149CA180E27FF - Taken by Chreznor
Sword of Asumi -- MB-E9C0285C0DD1BA4D - Taken by Loptous
Infect And Destroy -- MB-2484231752D155AD - Taken by Haunted
InnerCube -- MB-6583081F6804C86C - Taken by rainking187

KingKong

Legend of Korra is pretty fun. I haven't seen a minute of the show so this all seems like nonsense to me but it looks great and plays decently (it's no Bayonetta or MGR of course)

Tizoc

They made Sacred Citadel 2 but called it Sacred 3. From a loot game it went to a co-op brawler.
The game isn't bad as far as I'm concerned (and I said as much in the thread for it and in past Steam threads) but, obviously, it launched at the wrong price bracket (too high for what it offered, had I paid full price instead of Russian price I would have been annoyed too) and completely missed people expectations about a "real" Sacred sequel.
For the 4,99 GMG asks though I think it's a good experience, though the humor is hit and miss (the game is full-on not serious mode).

Basically, had the game launched at 20€ tops and called itself Sacred Citadel 2, it wouldn't have generated so much negativity, or so I believe.

Hmm Sacred 3 Gold's lowest price was $15, I'll wait and see if it goes on a cheaper price over the next few sales before getting it.
Might get Sacred 2 though.

Haunted

Hmm Sacred 3 Gold's lowest price was $15, I'll wait and see if it goes on a cheaper price over the next few sales before getting it.
Might get Sacred 2 though.
If you're in the mood for some looting, I think you can do better than Sacred 3. Whether it's Diablo III, Path of Exile, Torchlight 2 or that new Van Helsing compilation, I'd recommend them all over Sacred 3.

Jawmuncher

Sacred 3 can't be any worse than Dungeon Siege 3 surely.

Also played Rocket League with some friends on PS4. Was quite fun. But not 20 dollars fun, nor something I would buy to play with randoms online. I don't think any MP game will ever work for me. Seems Gears 1 was the last hurrah for me.

Sacred 3 can't be any worse than Dungeon Siege 3 surely.

Also played Rocket League with some friends on PS4. Was quite fun. But not 20 dollars fun, nor something I would buy to play with randoms online. I don't think any MP game will ever work for me. Seems Gears 1 was the last hurrah for me.

I wouldn't be surprised. Sacred 3 is pretty hated.

And don't worry there will be a multiplayer game one day that you will like again. I am sure of it.

Lain

If you're in the mood for some looting, I think you can do better than Sacred 3. Whether it's Diablo III, Path of Exile, Torchlight 2 or that new Van Helsing compilation, I'd recommend them all over Sacred 3.

If someone is looking for a looting game, they shouldn't be even looking at Sacred 3.

Jawmuncher

I wouldn't be surprised. Sacred 3 is pretty hated.

And don't worry there will be a multiplayer game one day that you will like again. I am sure of it.

I actually had high hopes for Operation Raccoon City shame that fell flat on its face. MP was so crap. Unsure why they didn't just make the game socom with zombies. Since a lot of the issues with the game is bullet sponge related.

I actually had high hopes for Operation Raccoon City shame that fell flat on its face. MP was so crap. Unsure why they didn't just make the game socom with zombies. Since a lot of the issues with the game is bullet sponge related.

I still have a morbid curiosity with Raccoon City since I never played it but yeah.

Jawmuncher

I still have a morbid curiosity with Raccoon City since I never played it but yeah.

I've beaten it 3 times once on each system (I also own 3 copies of it). It's not worth trying unless it's in the 5 dollar zone. Also should be played on the easiest difficulty, to negate some of the gullet sponge that plagues the other difficulties.

Jawmuncher

Does not compute.

I go overboard when it comes to Resident Evil and MGS. Double dip all the games to hell and back.

Also I beat it that much because the game is quite easy to cheese. Either Vector for invisibility, or Lupo for invulnerability. If you focus upgrades on those, you can run past a lot of the game on a first play through even on the hardest difficulty.

Phinor

Damn, gmg is out of legendary skyrim keys. I'll never get it for cheap at his rate.

Still waiting for a deal on the DLC. Seeing how low GMG priced the legendary edition, the bar for a good deal on the DLC just got even lower. So to echo your thoughts, I'll never get that DLC at this rate.

(I could just buy the legendary edition cheaper than either of the main DLCs but at this point it's a question of principle. I'll probably never start that game again.)

I've beaten it 3 times once on each system (I also own 3 copies of it). It's not worth trying unless it's in the 5 dollar zone. Also should be played on the easiest difficulty, to negate some of the gullet sponge that plagues the other difficulties.
If it ever goes on sale (which I don't think it will) maybe.

I go overboard when it comes to Resident Evil and MGS. Double dip all the games to hell and back.
You're crazy man.

So I just bought Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds from Nuuvem, and it said that my order was placed successfully but there was a little red bar at the top of the page that said there was an error with my payment. But the payment shows up on my Paypal account as completed. Anyone else have this issue?

Anteater

I have the first one. I played a few hours of it and got bored, you enjoying the 2nd one?

I got bored of the first game in the first dungeon. I actually enjoyed Torchlight 2 more for some reason but it's still very repetitive, I clocked quite a few hours into it so I wanted to finish it but it just drags on...

So I just bought Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds from Nuuvem, and it said that my order was placed successfully but there was a little red bar at the top of the page that said there was an error with my payment. But the payment shows up on my Paypal account as completed. Anyone else have this issue?

Did you try to VPN with hola?
Odds are, you're going to need to contact support.
I had this happen with an order of mine a week or so ago... they took a few days to fix it and the solution was a strange one, but they should make it right.

Caerith

I got bored of the first game in the first dungeon. I actually enjoyed Torchlight 2 more for some reason but it's still very repetitive, I clocked quite a few hours into it so I wanted to finish it but it just drags on...

The first game kinda only was the one dungeon. I played through once, never could get into a second try. I kinda fell off Torchlight 2 somewhere in the desert or maybe the area after it.

I think I don't like loot games as much as I thought I did.

Did you try to VPN with hola?
Odds are, you're going to need to contact support.
I had this happen with an order of mine a week or so ago... they took a few days to fix it and the solution was a strange one, but they should make it right.

No I didn't use a VPN. The order seems to have been successful as far as I can tell, and I have the key in my account, but I was wondering if I should be concerned at all about the error message.

Anteater

That desert section was what ultimately killed my interest in playing that game (I was already not enjoying it much anyway), it went on for so long.

yeah everything just drags on forever, it's the definition of grinding dungeons without much progression, I mean each skill was pretty much just +1, it reminds me of that steam sale clicker game but you actually need to play it manually

rtcn63

Yeah, the desert is probably the longest part, or at least, has the most irritating side quests and enemies. Those flying things from Riddick or whatever.

So, I won the same game twice.
ModBot said:
Instructions for rainking187:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (rainking187, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

InnerCube -- MB-6BEBF172BDBB4472 - Taken by Loptous

Anteater

The first game kinda only was the one dungeon. I played through once, never could get into a second try. I kinda fell off Torchlight 2 somewhere in the desert or maybe the area after it.

I think I don't like loot games as much as I thought I did.

I blame it on the game, although I'm not familiar with the loot genre.

No I didn't use a VPN. The order seems to have been successful as far as I can tell, and I have the key in my account, but I was wondering if I should be concerned at all about the error message.

If you have the key, I wouldn't worry too much. Just redeem it and keep an eye on it. :)

rtcn63

For me, T2 was better than D3 pre-loot patch. Although with D3, I did like not having to worry about skill or stat distribution. If you're playing Elite on T2, you pretty much have to look at which builds are best for survivability for each class.

Caerith

It's definitely the game, it's boring in so many ways, Diablo 1, 2 and 3 are still in my opinion the best loot driven ARPG's in the business.

I found those interesting for the first playthrough, but playing beyond that was kind of just a chore and a grind. Nowadays I kinda dread having to pick up lots of randomly-generated items and compare them to my currently-equipped randomly-generated items to see which ones let me get randomly-generated items slightly faster.

For me, T2 was better than D3 pre-loot patch. Although with D3, I did like not having to worry about skill or stat distribution. If you're playing Elite on T2, you pretty much have to look at which builds are best for survivability for each class.

Seriously. I like D3's ability to adjust your build as the situation requires, rather than T2 and every other game's "hope you don't gimp yourself" approach.

QUOTE=ModBot]
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Undead Bokun, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

GRID -- MB-F96D3321A63746E6 - Taken by yoshizzle[/QUOTE]

Jawmuncher

All of this talk about looting just makes me sad the two best dungeon crawlers will never be playable on PC outside of emulation. Why Atari and Interplay can't work some magic is beyond me. There's has to be more money in Dark Alliance 1&2 for PC than clay fighters.

In just sad I used my credit on Evil Within considering how fast it dropped in price.
That and it not being as good as I hoped.

It is fine. I just bought Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut for $.73

I forgot I had that credit from the Metro rewards. That shit gave me like almost $5 and I didn't get all the achievements for the rewards. Now everything gives you like .10 cents for evert $49.99 purchase.

fail.gif

Lain

All of this talk about looting just makes me sad the two best dungeon crawlers will never be playable on PC outside of emulation. Why Atari and Interplay can't work some magic is beyond me. There's has to be more money in Dark Alliance 1&2 for PC than clay fighters.

I'm sad I never remembered to buy Dark Alliance 2, or Champions of Norrath. Dark Alliance 1 was so much fun.

Deitus

Played a bit of Rocket League earlier (against AI only). iosefe is right, the game is pretty cool.

But starting out it's tough to actually do something productive in that game. Half the time I set myself up to do some elaborate play, and I just zoom right past the ball without making contact. Still, it's fun.

Though playing through a season on the easiest difficulty, I'm pretty sure my teammates have scored more on our own goal than on the other team's. I'm getting better as I go though, so I'm able to mostly make up for their incompetence.

Also, I just beat a team of computers whose player names were Iceman, Goose, and Maverick, so yeah...

Seriously. I like D3's ability to adjust your build as the situation requires, rather than T2 and every other game's "hope you don't gimp yourself" approach.

I think Borderlands did it right with ability to respec your skill tree for a small fee. It maybe would work for every game, but it definitely felt right for those game.

Though I know the Torchlight games have always encouraged modding, and mods that allow respecs were added pretty early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom