• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

titch

All of this talk about looting just makes me sad the two best dungeon crawlers will never be playable on PC outside of emulation. Why Atari and Interplay can't work some magic is beyond me. There's has to be more money in Dark Alliance 1&2 for PC than clay fighters.

I'm sad I never remembered to buy Dark Alliance 2, or Champions of Norrath. Dark Alliance 1 was so much fun.

Beat me to the punch was going to mention Norrath

Pretty sure Norrath was pretty hardcore too!!!

Spare -
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Cubetractor -- MB-7D7A34BCC2F14360 - Taken by Madn

iosefe

Played a bit of Rocket League earlier (against AI only). iosefe is right, the game is pretty cool.

But starting out it's tough to actually do something productive in that game. Half the time I set myself up to do some elaborate play, and I just zoom right past the ball without making contact. Still, it's fun.
Don't worry. I still do that too. If you want to see insanity, look up Kronovi. He's currently stream on twitch as camsgear or something like that.

Once you can get proper control of your car, you'll be great

How into Standard queue sometime. It might be a better experience

Anyone here playing Terraria? I played again yesterday with the new patch and everything. Still using my old character which has grapple and all that shit. I guess I should make a hardmode world since it is boring as hell in the beginning solo.

I think I'll just join a hardmode server or someshit.
dac15_face.gif

Deitus

Don't worry. I still do that too. If you want to see insanity, look up Kronovi. He's currently stream on twitch as camsgear or something like that.

It's like a completely different game when you watch people who know what they are doing.

I mean, I understand you can fly, but I don't really know how to control it, so I end up sticking to the ground most of the time, except for the occasional jump when I want to hit the ball (which misses more often than not). Watching a couple minutes of Kronovi play is eye opening.

Once you can get proper control of your car, you'll be great

How into Standard queue sometime. It might be a better experience

I think I'll stick to offline for now. If I played online, I'd be the idiot scoring on my own goals.

Anteater

oh

I actually finished torchlight 2

I couldn't find the next quest marker and found an npc that asks if I want to start a new game plus

this is the first game where i finish the game but don't actually notice it

kurahador

The phrasing seems almost like you are recommending it, but the content of the post seems like the opposite.

Well...I'm not fan of Skyrim or Elder Scroll games.

I tried ESO just for curiosity sake cos I love experiencing different MMOs, and the game turns out to be pretty close to Skyrim in terms of combat and dungeons you can explore.

Haunted

Im about halfway done with Lisa and that game is fucking ridiculous. Definitely not for the easily offended or triggered. Imagine if Earthbound had no reservations as to being grim and morbid. It's super dark but I feel like it carries itself well through that. It's superbly written, I feel like it's genuinely funny, there are some great references throughout
for instance when you defeat an enemy, he starts singing Crossroads from Bone Thugs and Harmony
, and the soundtrack is amazing. Most of the enemies are just plain ol humans which could be extremely boring except the dev made sure to give each character a personality. There are also some great uses of player choice such as having to choose between a party member or your arm which permanently gimps you for the rest of the game. Lisa is probably one of my favorites games that I've played recently. I can't wait for the sequel that's apparently dropping soon
The promo art I'm seeing in your post is more Fist of the North Star than anything I'd associate with Earthbound :lol (though I know that the art style and combat structure takes its cues from there).

A lot of people enjoyed Skyrim and played hundreds of hours of it, I quit after 60 hours and didn't even do the DLC I bought.

I almost bought the Legendary Edition, then I remembered that what I enjoyed the most was the music and using cheats/mods to travel as a werewolf all over the place. The quests are too much go to here, talk to this guy/girl, "SO IT WASN'T LIKE THAT, THEN I NEED YOU TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE, thanks for doing my work u die now", then when you realize most quests are like this.
cm1.gif

Caerith

I almost bought the Legendary Edition, then I remembered that what I enjoyed the most was the music and using cheats/mods to travel as a werewolf all over the place. The quests are too much go to here, talk to this guy/girl, "SO IT WASN'T LIKE THAT, THEN I NEED YOU TO GO SOMEWHERE ELSE, thanks for doing my work u die now", then when you realize most quests are like this.
cm1.gif

And yet it was everyone's Game of the Year.

C4rter

Oh man, the Rocket League virus infected me as well. After playing the version of a friend for 5 hours to decide if I like it, I bought it today and now we can't stop playing. That's what addiction must feel like.

iosefe

It's like a completely different game when you watch people who know what they are doing.

I mean, I understand you can fly, but I don't really know how to control it, so I end up sticking to the ground most of the time, except for the occasional jump when I want to hit the ball (which misses more often than not). Watching a couple minutes of Kronovi play is eye opening.

I think I'll stick to offline for now. If I played online, I'd be the idiot scoring on my own goals.
As a wise musician once said, "Dare to be Stupid."

While the AI is fine for getting the basics, you really learn when playing with other people. Go to the OT and see if you can party up. Private matches against Gaffers taught me a fair amount.

Also, try the camera settings in this thread
http://www.psyonix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11460&p=223144

Cheddahz

Banned
I actually had high hopes for Operation Raccoon City shame that fell flat on its face. MP was so crap. Unsure why they didn't just make the game socom with zombies. Since a lot of the issues with the game is bullet sponge related.

Operation Raccoon City is actually my second favorite RE game

Lain

i found a folder of ffxiv screenshots and i forgot how good that game looks

Why you do this to me? I'm battling the urge to re-activate my account and get into that welcome back stuff they have going on now. I even bought the exp pack....

komorebi

It's objectively a bad game. Terrible writing, bad level design, awful quest lines, combat is terrible(though still better than the earlier games I guess)

Well, "objectively" isn't in my vocabulary or belief system so..... to each his own. I enjoyed Skyrim for what it is; nothing more, nothing less.

Haunted

cross-posting:

FMV games are BACK, baby!

And none of that competent acting and thoughtful intelligent writing bullshit we've had in Her Story. This is some proper FMV C*-grade writing and acting just like in the good old days.

ss_f33622ad529f91fcd66d6eda02e5609445b277c0.jpg

*C for cringe

It's objectively a bad game. Terrible writing, bad level design, awful quest lines, combat is terrible(though still better than the earlier games I guess)
But that is all subjective! Many enjoyed the game and surprisingly high amount of people still play. It can't be that bad.

rtcn63

I'm pretty sure good arguments can be (and have been) made as to why Skryim falters in numerous areas.

But, that doesn't mean you can't still enjoy it. I did. An objective mess can still be a subjective good time. One doesn't have to disqualify the other.

iosefe

Modded skyrim is great and all, but do you know what is better?

The short stories you find.

A Dance in Fire. The Argonian Account
Surfeit of Thieves

Those were nice.

The PC gamers are bad thread was closed. I actually thought the discussion was interesting especially on the last page where Durante says that Porting is actually quite cheap compared to what you can earn (which I also heard from other industry veterans).

It just doesnt make any sense nowadays not to port. Lets say the port costs 100.000$. The game they will sell on Steam costs about 30$. You need to sell about 3500 copies to get that money back (disregarding russian prices).

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
The PC gamers are bad thread was closed. I actually thought the discussion was interesting especially on the last page where Durante says that Porting is actually quite cheap compared to what you can earn (which I also heard from other industry veterans).

It just doesnt make any sense nowadays not to port. Lets say the port costs 100.000$. The game they will sell on Steam costs about 30$. You need to sell about 3500 copies to get that money back (disregarding russian prices).

The only explanation I've heard that makes any sense to me is the concept of opportunity cost--We can port something old or we can make something new. Something new *might* make us a lot of money while porting will definitely make us *some* money.

I also imagine the idea of spending another six months porting a game you just spent three years developing versus starting a new project sounds like a special kind of hell.

It really makes me wish there were more quality porting houses like Nixxes, especially in Japan.

MUnited83

For you.
But that is all subjective! Many enjoyed the game and surprisingly high amount of people still play. It can't be that bad.

Those are all objective. And just because things are bad doesn't mean people can't enjoy them. I enjoy some pretty bad games, music and movies. They are still bad irregardless of the fact that I enjoy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom