• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only explanation I've heard that makes any sense to me is the concept of opportunity cost--We can port something old or we can make something new. Something new *might* make us a lot of money while porting will definitely make us *some* money.

I also imagine the idea of spending another six months porting a game you just spent three years developing versus starting a new project sounds like a special kind of hell.

It really makes me wish there were more quality porting houses like Nixxes, especially in Japan.

But I mean before the game is released, they can already start porting. There are quite some capable port teams out there. You dont need to let your own developer port it (and usually publishers dont as far as I can see).

I mean look at Neptunia. Im not quite sure how expensive that is, but it seems its selling really well on Steam in just 3 months thanks to the discount at the beginning and the Summer Sale.

Deitus

I'm personally of the opinion that Bethesda RPGs (at least from Oblivion on, since I haven't played the older ones) are all pretty bad, but I'm legitimately curious what system of measure is being used to determine "objective badness". Please elaborate on this obviously scientific method of measuring quality.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Man, ESO for $15 is a damn good deal. I'd say it's almost worth getting even though it doesn't come with a Steam key.

Almost.

the key GMG gives you redeems on ESO account.

Game is PC/MAC
https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/eso_standard
it should give you access to game on PC or MAC

The key should let your register it to your account on Elder Scrolls Online, then you can download the client from there.

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/

Thanks, it is pretty tempting considering I didnt like Guild Wars 2 and not quite ready to put much time in to make it feel my money was worth it for the FFXIV sub.

Iwata is dead!? Wow, he looked so young.

Gall bladder issues are no joke. A few years back, my mother had a similar problem. She started having severe pains and I took her to a nearby hospital, where they found out that her levels were skyrocketing. She had to have emergency gall bladder surgery two days later, and in that time, her skin started to turn yellow because gallstones had started escaping from her bladder into the bile duct en masse.

It is extremely dangerous if not taken care of promptly. Gallstones stuck in the bile duct/liver can metastasize and cause cancer, and that's what I think happened here as per the "growth" line.

R.I.P. Mr. Iwata.

Tenrius

The Homeworld: Remastered situation makes me upset. They haven't fixed the formations and tactics yet despite having promised to do so and the most important part (ballistics) cannot be fixed at all. Such a shame all those gorgeous looks have to go to waste because of that. I personally gave up on the game on Mission 03 when it didn't let me keep the frigates I captured for no reason at all (it was, of course, possible in the original game).

In other news, I am now a Bachelor of Science in Maths and Physics.

Gall bladder issues are no joke. A few years back, my mother had a similar problem. She started having severe pains and I took her to a nearby hospital, where they found out that her levels were skyrocketing. She had to have emergency gall bladder surgery two days later, and in that time, her skin started to turn yellow because gallstones had started escaping from her bladder en masse.

It is extremely dangerous if not taken care of promptly. Gallstones stuck in the liver can metastasize and cause cancer, and that's what I think happened here as per the "growth" line.

R.I.P. Mr. Iwata.
Haven't heard much of gall bladder/bile duct cancer previously. That sounds like a very aggressive type of cancer. Hope your mother won't have any more issues bud.

Iwata was so very likeable and seemed genuine. I do already miss him.
Congrats my friend. Now off to the jobverse!

Haven't heard much of gall bladder/bile duct cancer previously. That sounds like a very aggressive type of cancer. Hope your mother won't have any more issues bud.

She's been fine ever since then (this was 4 years back), but a lot of people underestimate how dangerous gall bladder problems can be.

My condolences to his family.

L.O.R.D

vPD5S87.gif

oipic

Very sad news, far too young. :(

Have had a family member suffer similar gall bladder problems, and it's pain and suffering that no-one should have to endure.

Much better news - congrats, Tenrius! This won't have come easily, I'd imagine, so I hope you get to treat yourself with an appropriate celebration (and some quality gaming time) before putting that degree into action. :)

---------

I've been offline for a little over a week, and I've sorely missed this sometimes-dysfunctional but always diverse little home of ours. Have tried to read through and catch up as best I can (the thread has been a little on the slower side?), but I hope you're all doing okay.

A belated Happy Birthday to Cth, Dusk and all the other July babies.

I'll get back to lurking invisibly, then - as you were SteamGAF, you wonderfully eclectic bunch.

Annubis

Just dropped a foil out of the GGG2 bundle.
That's 2 bundles in a row that give me major profit through foils.

Praised be Gaben for creating a service that gives me money for buying games I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom