• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
My PC lives again. Now to dive into We Happy Few.

Edit: Of course there's horizontal cut-off with 16:10 resolutions. I have the same problem with the Ghost Song beta. :( Maybe I should finally retire my 1680x1050 monitor.

Edit edit: Oh, it's just an issue with the news feed in the main menu. The actual game itself seems to be fine.

Maniac

Banned
My PC lives again. Now to dive into We Happy Few.

Edit: Of course there's horizontal cut-off with 16:10 resolutions. I have the same problem with the Ghost Song beta. :(

I'm bloody jelly. Really want to try WHF out. Might back it whenever I get paid.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Yargis: Space Melee -- MB-10B2D955BD825A30 - Taken by Kurt Russell

Tenrius

Congrats my friend. Now off to the jobverse!

Much better news - congrats, Tenrius! This won't have come easily, I'd imagine, so I hope you get to treat yourself with an appropriate celebration (and some quality gaming time) before putting that degree into action. :)

Thanks! Well, it's not like a lot is going to change for me — I already have a nice job and I'm also going to graduate school (Master's degree) in September. So much stuff going on in my life in the past seven months or so I haven't been able to catch up on gaming all that much.

chixdiggit

Dungeon Souls is on the cusp of being something really great. The devs are fantastic and have been really listening to feedback. The first update made a ton of changes and it's been fun just testing them out.
I really hope they keep it in Early Access for a while and continue to improve on it.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/383230/

Sheik

Seeing the bad news on my phone at work was not fun at all.

Same thing happened to me. Was playing Civ at work and decided to browse the web on my phone between turns. Was shocked and disheartened to see the news. He left his mark on the world and will be remembered fondly.

PARANO1A

cross-posting:

FMV games are BACK, baby!

And none of that competent acting and thoughtful intelligent writing bullshit we've had in Her Story. This is some proper FMV C*-grade writing and acting just like in the good old days.

ss_f33622ad529f91fcd66d6eda02e5609445b277c0.jpg

*C for cringe

I'm really having fun with this game. It's an interactive BBC drama that my partner and I can play together.

It's not True Detective but it's worth the price of entry.

Grief.exe

Sales are apparently so bad that the developers are done, so I guess this is their last ditch effort to get some owners.

I bought it for the DMC-aspect. We'll see if it's good.

It's like Durante always gets frustrated with these Publishers who could fix these problems in a negligible amount of time with the source code.

Cheaper to just pretend it doesn't exist I guess.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's like Durante always gets frustrated with these Publishers who could fix these problems in a negligible amount of time with the source code.

Cheaper to just pretend it doesn't exist I guess.

Well, to be fair: This developer is Chinese. Not the Japanese mega publisher/developers. I guess this was their crack at trying to open PC gaming to the Chinese(?) but we/rest of the world didn't really bite at it.

Anteater

wow, at first I thought you guys were joking about Ozium getting banned or something. Damn it. RIP Iwata

Why you do this to me? I'm battling the urge to re-activate my account and get into that welcome back stuff they have going on now. I even bought the exp pack....

all according to plan!

Teggy

I was having one of those "I want to play a game but nothing is appealing to me right now" moments so I was compelled to download Windows 10 preview to see if my PC would explode. Besides a few weird driver crash messages it seems to work pretty well.

Then I played Just Cause because I've been wanting it out of my backlog for a while. Played as I remembered it under Windows 7, including poor optimization and crazy stuttering that starts up after the game runs for an hour or so.

Turfster

Nuuvem winter sale deals rolled over.
Uplay Splinter Cell Blacklist 5$, Sniper Ghost Warrior Trilogy 2.21$, Konami stuff up to 80% off, Worms up to 80% off, and more

Deques

Didn't like dishonored enough to even spend 97 cents on it for a double dip +1. Will wait for humble Bethesda bundle.

Humble Bethesda bundle
First tier
Rage
Brink
Quake 4
Fallout 3

BTA Tier
Dishonored
Fallout New Vegas
Skyrim

Really Expensive Tier
One Dishonored dlc
One Fallout NV dlc
Skyrim Heartfire dlc
Morrowind

Edit
Bonus $200 tier
All Bethesda games in Steam except the dlcs

Arthea

Finished it last weekend, here are some thoughts.

The game is tagged as adventure, platformer, but I wouldn't call it a platformer, it has a structure of platformer, true, but it is more of walking sim than anything. Now when that's cleared up onto the game.

As you may remember (or not), I've seen some screenchots and got all worked up why nobody in steam threads told me about it, it looks nice, atmospheric and interesting. And it is all that.

the good:
several layers of a story that isn't told in a conventional way
some unexpected silliness in all that serious atmosphere
looks nice
music is good and fitting
ancient creatures
that true ending

not so good:
slow walking, jumping, grass and stone cutting, now all those activities aren't bad, slowness is
there are no personal saves, what makes necessary to play full game twice for all achievements (I wish devs stopped doing that), or you control your saves and have multiple endings, or no "play a game n times because we say so".

I'm not fond of walking sims usually, but this one I really liked. If you like symbolism, contemplation, unexpected humour and nice looking games, don't pass on it just because it's slow.

some screenshots:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom