• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pupo

Hi guys, quick question, I have invisible menu on The Evil Within (with AMD R9 285), the solution it's supposed to be reinstalling the drivers, but NOPE, I'm still with the invisible menu. My internet it's shit (8kb download) so I can't download things, give me a solution please or refund time (?)

B8010A0EAE4C686B0C52291D54B92EA8F1CA5B38

Hi guys, quick question, I have invisible menu on The Evil Within (with AMD R9 285), the solution it's supposed to be reinstalling the drivers, but NOPE, I'm still with the invisible menu. My internet it's shit (8kb download) so I can't download things, give me a solution please or refund time (?)

Try verifying game files? You might have to download something small though.

Sarcasm

Supposedly uninstalling and installing your amd gpu drivers can fix it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
5bc2840a02cab51d16614c7cdf6206d1.png

Trouble In The Manor hits Steam Early Access.

It's an online multiplayer game where you're in a manor, and at the start, random selections are made to tell players if they're innocent or a murderer. It's a bit like the murder gamemode in Gmod, but it goes a lot more in-depth and has a lot of twists, both in gameplay and the environment. I played a alpha of this on GameJolt a while ago, and it was very fun, been looking forward to this releasing on Steam.

Lain

Steam was a mistake, it's nothing but trash.

Of all the gaffers I have as friends on Steam, none of them own Adventures of Pip, 4 own Elliot Quest, 34 own Sakura Spirit and 13 own Sakura Angels.

49 people own eden* and 46 own Higurashi, while 8 for both games still have it on their wishlist. I guess those 8 weren't aware of the 2$ bundle.

I'd say that shiny boobs win (because the bundle buyers don't count, obviously) but shiny boobs by themselves can only go that far: only 1 person owns Sakura Fantasy Chapter 1. Still more than Adventures of Pip. Maybe the devs should put some shiny boobs in and watch the sales skyrocket.

Parsnip

Halfway through the year, and I'm at 75 finished games.

Sure as hell won't be able to do 150 though, I always play longer ones in the later half. And there's TitS SC releasing soon-ish, which will eat at least 50 hours of my playtime.
Divinity: OSEE and PoE 2.0 can't come soon enough

Christ. I'm 13 games in.

Konami just told that survey was fake, I also put my real name and email on it :S
Note to self, never follow links posted by PunishedSnake.

Somehow I find this to be hilarious if someone posts something super serious, and then I see this:

tumblr_mfcwjl7GbX1rivq3fo1_500.gif
lol. I am on mobile so I can see the image normally but I see like a white line at the bottom border of the image so I assume that means It was spoiled.

Mmmh... I will try it now.
Edit: nope, they are ok but still invisible.

Yeah, but sadly, not for me.

Is there a ini or config file that you can delete and have the game generate a new one? That might do something, not sure though, that's a weird problem you got there.

Arthea

I can't beat final boss in the story more in Combat Cats. I haven't expected it. So I waltz through the game and suddenly this spike, I understand it's the final boss and all that, but c'mon now why do I have to grind? Shouldn't a game have been on the level that leads me to the boss already strong enough or close to it? *sigh

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Changes in Steam key redemption for legacy purchases

In January, we relayed the announcement that Steam was removing support for OAuth, a feature that allowed one-click Steam key redemption for games purchased through Humble Bundle.

While games and bundles sold since that announcement redeem manually on Steam, older purchases with OAuth key redemption were allowed to work as originally intended. This morning, the function was disabled and is no longer operational.

Starting today, we will be returning to the original system we used for Steam key redemption, which requires you to manually redeem your keys on Steam. All Humble download pages are now affected by this change.

If you already redeemed a Steam key through OAuth, then your download page or account library page will no longer show the redemption date or Steam account that the game was redeemed on. Instead, for your records, your download/library page will show an already-redeemed key. These keys can not be redeemed a second time.

Instructions on how to redeem games manually on Steam can be found here.

Werd

What was the logic behind removing OAuth anyway? It was convenient and seemed to work reliably.

Security?

So today, I fired up Alien: Isolation for the first time.

I am so, so, so sorry, but I couldn't even handle the first few minutes on the space station, even before the Xenomorph showed up. :(

Deitus

I just wonder why there needs to be a documentary about LGBTQ gaming. I mean whether you are female, male or trans, I dont really think the community/gaming itself is different.

I imagine the gaming community at large treats you pretty differently if you are female, gay, or trans though.

I just wonder why there needs to be a documentary about LGBTQ gaming. I mean whether you are female, male or trans, I dont really think the community/gaming itself is different.
The experience absolutely is different, speaking as a member of the LGBTQ community. I'm not sure why you would question its existence. There exists a cornucopia of works, fiction and non-fiction, that exist to talk about the minority experience in different aspects of life. I don't see why there can't be a documentary that looks at what LGBTQ people uniquely experience, their perspective, and the spaces we've carved out for ourselves in the industry.

EDIT: Hopefully I don't sound snippy or anything! Just a question I've seen and answered a lot over the many, many years since I've realized my sexuality and had my perspective on my favorite hobby/industry change. Hope this explains it a bit! Sorry!

The experience absolutely is different, speaking as a member of the LGBTQ community. I'm not sure why you would question its existence. There exists a cornucopia of works, fiction and non-fiction, that exist to talk about the minority experience in different aspects of life. I don't see why there can't be a documentary that looks at what LGBTQ people uniquely experience, their perspective, and the spaces we've carved out for ourselves in the industry.

EDIT: Hopefully I don't sound snippy or anything! Just a question I've seen and answered a lot over the many, many years since I've realized my sexuality and had my perspective on my favorite hobby/industry change. Hope this explains it a bit! Sorry!

You dont sound snippy at all. Maybe I just said this earlier because I think I wouldnt treat anyone different because of their gender or sexual orientation in gaming. I never really personally encountered remarks about that (but I also dont play Mobas ;)).
Hope that clears it up.

Will check the documentary out later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom