• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the bit of Battle Fantasia when I played back when I had my 360 I mean it's not amazing but, I think it is really fun for me.

I didnt really like it, but it has been years since I played it. I mean its the japanese take on fantasy/fairy tales, but felt kinda childish in that regard.

rtcn63

oh,i get it now
the stream isn't about watching
its about battling using the chat

You can, if you like the games and/or the personalities. I prefer single-player games myself, but (high profile) multiplayer ones generally attract more people. (Which can be problematic since chat moves much faster, hard to have a conversation, so everyone just gambles.)

oh,i get it now
the stream isn't about watching
its about battling using the chat

No, haha

You have to do nothing at all to win giveaways. The atp stuff is used very rarely (It IS important though), the giveaways are completely random.

Yeah, you were supposed to email the developer. He didn't send me a key until I emailed him again.
Yup, anyone who hasn't received it yet needs to email him again.

L.O.R.D

No, haha

You have to do nothing at all to win giveaways. The atp stuff is used very rarely (It IS important though), the giveaways are completely random.

oh,,,that's sound a good idea...thanks

tumblr_nqtbw4Pdrr1uzdakfo1_400.gif

dot

Wishlisted Battle Fantasia. I remember liking it when i played it on ps3 a few years back.

when's Marvel doe

0aLK53e.png

Impressions on RAGE

It's a solid first-person-shooter. Starts fairly quickly by throwing you into the action. Not much dialogue, story, character progression or even cutscenes. That's actually a good thing as the shooting is enjoyable and satisfying. Blood splatters wildly, enemies die in nice animations or even pulverize in a cloud of blood. Weapon animations and sound are very nice and thus you really want to use them a lot.

Sadly there is a problem with that. The devs have weirdly opted for the mechanic of ammo being non-ubiquitous. Fallen enemies don't drop ammo but instead goods you can sell or use to build "usables" like health-kits, turrets etc.
It's an interesting take but in the end leads to conservative usage of certain weapons and ammo types. The money you earn by completing missions and selling loot is almost just enough to repair your car and to re-stock on ammo. I would have loved to use super-expensive ammo and blast away bandits and mutants. The shooting and movement feels so fluid, it begs for it. But then you start thinking about the length of the current mission and start shooting more conservatively. It's still fun but I'd enjoy too much ammo more.

Other than shooting baddies on foot, you'll spent quite some time in your car. To my surprise it's really decent. It was weird that I couldn't pan the camera with the mouse while driving but the car controls beautifully. Blasting enemy cars with miniguns or rockets is a lot of fun! You can participate in races to upgrade your car which is nice, too.
Graphically the game looks alright. Stunning textures from distance, very low details up close and inside of buildings which is a lot of time you'll be spending. A lot looks kind of like paper or cardboard because of that.

Ultimately I felt the game fell flat after a couple hours though. See, the first 3 hours is about showing you all the different mechanics but after that there is nothing exciting happening. You do exactly the same thing time after time.
Get mission>drive to mission start>step through a door>kill everything in a painfully linear level>reach the end where either a boss or special loot waits>conveniently find a nearby exit>get in your car and drive back to mission giver>rinse&repeat
I appreciate the devs trying to make a "open-world" but in this case I think a linear campaign would have been better. Even at the cost of not driving.

Besides my gripes I still can totally recommend the game to people who want some shoot-bang. Shooting and driving is very enjoyable. Weapons look and feel nice. And getting a kill with a wingstick never gets old. It kinda turned into my melee attack as the regular one is woefully underpowered.
For now I had my fill of it. 7 hours and I started feeling numb towards it. The wasteland here was pretty depressing and due to mutants it almost felt like a horror shooter at times. Think I'll start a bit more cheerful game.

MUnited83

For you.
It's working, but very slow right now. They may be updating something, as they did recently release that Resident Evil timeline/series discussion thing that turned out being used by more users than I would of predicted.

This is completely unrelated to what you're discussing, but I love that Dusk Golem is the one making the #666 post.

Any good recommendations for uh, a small game I can play on the side? Like Windowed? I've been playing Solitaire but well..you can only beat that so many times. Something I could play windowed while watching Netflix I suppose?

>_>;

M.D

Can anyone who played Tomb Raider 2013 tell me how long do I have left to finish the game?
I just opened a gate to the city that holds the palace

tmarg

Any good recommendations for uh, a small game I can play on the side? Like Windowed? I've been playing Solitaire but well..you can only beat that so many times. Something I could play windowed while watching Netflix I suppose?

>_>;

Desktop Dungeons maybe?

$15 seems like a decent price , i think i will buy , just hope that the netcode isnt bad

I hope the revised version in the title means the netcode is revised as well.

Also that discussion is pretty annoying. All it is, is people begging for Xrd or P4U (which is another bag of worms because then Atlus would need to put other Persona games on Steam as well and everything else.)

M.D

Note that "couple" can become quite a few if you're going for all the XP ;)

I always like to explore and look at all the different places I can go to, so it probably does take me longer than usual, but I don't look at the map and try to go to every item

The audio files are really cool tho! I'll probably listen to the complete ones on YouTube after I finish the game, they are pretty interesting to listen to

If it's what I think it is you're right at the end stretch.

It does feel like it's getting towards the end, a couple more hours sounds about right

I didn't have high expectations coming in, but the game is pretty fun, even tho there's a lot of things I wish they would have done differently

Caerith

>_>;

I'd recommend Hexcells, but it might be distracting since it takes a bit more attention than solitaire.

Jazz573

The next few days are going to be exciting for VNGAF and VNSteamGAF. MangaGamer is announcing 3 new partners, hopefully some of which will have games on Steam, and I think they're also announcing that they're re-signing their deal with 07th Expansion. Sekai Project also has a few announcements, hopefully more games on Steam. Then, we have whatever Aksys has to announce (ZE3?, New Infinity game?, Infinity series on Steam?) Finally, we'll also get more Muv-Luv Kickstarter info, yes, it is coming to Steam.

wilflare

I think Thomas Was Alone should have been 20 minutes long tops.

Why would you want to disable the DLCs? The DE doesn't have the "cheat" DLCs at all and I don't see any logical reason to disable any of the other DLC.

ah - that I didn't know. thanks
it doesn't suffer from the same problems as the DXHR DE right?
where the DE is an outdated version compared the previous vanilla/standard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom