• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressions!

Great little puzzle game in the vein of Inside the Gear, but not shit. The idea is to move an object from A -> B using the various objects in the field to swing it, catapult it, hit it, drop it etc... You only have 2 tools to play with, drawing pins to keep elements in place or allow them to pivot around a certain point and an eraser to remove elements altogether so they don't get in the way.

The physics are pretty good, results are consistent not random, though the undo button can be a little buggy, producing strange results. There are 80 levels and one criticism might that the first 70 are really only tutorials to introduce all the elements you'll need for the last 10. Should only take you about 2 hours as it's not really all that difficult, but it's still a great experience.

Heads up for those who intend to purchase the current HB Weekly before it disappears today.

Turfster said:
Humble Eye Candy 3 bundle

TIER 1: 1$
  • Tengami
  • Where is my Heart?
  • Back to Bed

TIER 2: BTA
  • 7 Grand Steps: What Ancients Begat
  • Deep Under the Sky
  • Valdis Story: Abyssal City

TIER 3: BTA+1$
  • The Dream Machine (1-5)

Knurek

I think the Zestiria price is OK actually. It's basically released at the same time as the console versions, and those are €60 (the comparable ones).

That is of course assuming the port is decent. Which will be interesting to check.

Refunds take care of bad port.
More importantly: Dual audio option? Skits not removed as was the case with older games?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Vangers -- MB-6D5427C741B880E5 - Taken by Kuroyume
The Music Machine -- MB-D5D47BB77DD3C5F0 - Taken by PunishedSnake

Arthea

Heads up for those who intend to purchase the current HB Weekly before it disappears today.

my two cents: Tengami is nice, not particularly great game, but worth $1, 7 steps is not so nice, it looks great idea on paper but I found out it to be really boring to play.

I would love to see how much money Valve is getting from cards/backgrounds/emoticons. Is it possible that SteamSpy track daily market transactions and based on that calculate stats for those transactions?

unlikely, the community market is too active and diverse, I think. It's not only cards/bg/emotes, there are items to consider, that is main part of market activity.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spare:

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Way to Go -- MB-8A525F397D70C0E2 - Taken by bobnowhere

Anteater

Haven't kept up and was clicking around the zestiria page and saw symphonia as preorder bonus, wtf

I guess I'll go away some more to see if vesperia will pop up.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Vesperia may very happen is Zestiria and Symphonia do well, but on the flip-side if they under-perform I doubt we'll see Vesperia pop-up.

Free Symphonia is pretty crazy, hopefully I can get the money for this together before it comes out. I imagine Symphonia by itself will probably cost at least $30-$40. Also, I noticed the store page for Symphonia says it will have trading cards, but the page for Zestiria doesn't.

JaseC

Free Symphonia is pretty crazy, hopefully I can get the money for this together before it comes out. I imagine Symphonia by itself will probably cost at least $30-$40. Also, I noticed the store page for Symphonia says it will have trading cards, but the page for Zestiria doesn't.

Probably $20, assuming it's a port of this.

Arthea

Vesperia has pink hair girl. My vote goes to Vesperia.

but ToG is very fun to play and has Pascal, kindly reconsider! Not to mention all those delicious collectibles and a card game.

Probably $20, assuming it's a port of this.

I would take into account Amazon prices, as all retailers they have lower prices than PSN, ToS is still $30 there and that's what Bamco considers to be "the price". It's pretty obvious they gonna treat steam as every online service, not as they treat retailers, or maybe retailers offer those discounts from their profit, not that I know.

edited: it just occurred to me that ToS on PSN are two games, while we are getting one, so maybe $20 is the price.

JaseC

I would take into account Amazon prices, as all retailers they have lower prices than PSN, ToS is still $30 there and that's what Bamco considers to be "the price". It's pretty obvious they gonna treat steam as every online service, not as they treat retailers, or maybe retailers offer those discounts from their profit, not that I know.

edited: it just occurred to me that ToS on PSN are two games, while we are getting one, so maybe $20 is the price.

You're correct that the game is more expensive on PSN, but $20 is the RRP.

Arthea

You're correct that the game is more expensive on PSN, but $20 is the RRP.

We aren't getting prices retailers have on steam, so it's irrelevant what RRP is. Well, maybe not irrelevant if we can buy it outside steam, we'll see.

Double

Dungeon of the Endless Crystal Pack for ~7,68€ is kinda tempting over at macgamestore.

Is the Crystal Pack stuff even worth it?

Only problem with the game is, I love Roguelikes and Dungeons, but I'm not sure about Tower Defense :>

JaseC

My 980 lives to see another AssCreed game.

We aren't getting prices retailers have on steam, so it's irrelevant what RRP is. Well, maybe not irrelevant if we can buy it outside steam, we'll see.

Sure we are. I can't even think of a single game whose price on Steam is more than the RRP, outside of region-specific pricing gone wrong.

Arthea

meanwhile on greenlight

one more kickstarter VN

aaaand one more

recruitment campaign for pizza wars

Myst inspired game? I would be all over this... but it looks bad, really bad

not sure this one will be released at all, but 4X with focus on you being the Emperor is worth mentioning

re
noir anyone?

this looks not bad, but that combat system ugh

also don't forget to upvote this amazing game

edited: you guys haven't even made to the next page? why oh why you keep doing this?

Sure we are. I can't even think of a single game whose price on Steam is more than the RRP, outside of region-specific pricing gone wrong.

I should have specified, for preoders we aren't, I can't remember a single instance where game was cheaper to preorder on steam than outside of steam, unless steam was only option.

Hektor

Lords of the Fallen has been extremely slow at dropping the price.

Whatever it costs, its too much.

And i bought Far Cry 4 yesterday on GMG. fml.

Tales of Symphonia (HD) is coming to PC in 2016

Please look forward to it

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1073936

EDIT: It's actually a pre-order bonus for Zestiria if enough pre-orders are reached on Steam

Awesome news!

JaseC

I should have specified, for preoders we aren't, I can't remember a single instance where game was cheaper to preorder on steam than outside of steam, unless steam was only option.

I wasn't saying that retail games are generally cheaper on Steam.

How much is it there?

Roughly $43. With the game being three months away, I'd just wait and see if it pops up on Nuuvem.

JaseC

what are we talking about again?

I thought we were discussing ToZ preorder price, but now I'm no longer sure

Well, first it was Steam versus retail RRP and now it's Steam versus retail pre-order RRP. ;)

If you pre-order the game from GMG or Nuuvem, you'll be a given a pre-order key. It's not based on when you actually activate said key.

Edit: But you won't receive the tiered bonuses. Just whatever the base offer is.

You're thinking of Vietnam.

That's a shame. What's the reasoning behind not getting the tiered bonuses? Is it because the key is a different package?

dex3108

unlikely, the community market is too active and diverse, I think. It's not only cards/bg/emotes, there are items to consider, that is main part of market activity.

It would be really interesting to see how much money is involved in those "microtransactions". Yeah it is 0.01 or 0.03 per transaction (sometimes more) but i have feeling that there is significant amount of money involved.

So Ironcast is the type of game I was looking for. It's slowpaced(Turnbased), something I can play on the side whilst watching Netflix. This should be fun!

Waifu fans rejoice:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Go Go Nippon -- MB-056A841DEDAF2714 - Taken by Baron von Loathsome. 2 entrants total.
eden* -- MB-C10D28FF86D67EA1 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 3 entrants total.
X-Note -- MB-A4CD6A4D0D49CF02 - Taken by derExperte. 1 entrants total.

t1435835448z1.png

madjoki

Actually steam does show history of sell price and how many was sold so it's fairly easy.

I think the Shenmue 3 KS is one of the worst I have seen for a bigger IP.

It seems every news is about Yu Suzuki.
"Yu Suzuki knows about that."
"We told Yu Suzuki that. He might think about it."
"Soon there is a AMA with Yu Suzuki."
"Oh. You want a PS4 physical edition? Nah. Here is some overpriced leather jacket!"

I dont know. Isnt it a team? I mean Yu Suzuki is in charge of the story, isnt he? I would rather hear more from the developers themselves. What they have in mind. Their ideas. Instead it seems it focuses solely on one person.

Knurek

Good Humble today?
They have been on a effing roll with Weeklies recently...

Maybe... VN Bundle with Grisaia, Planetarian and If My Hearts Had Wings in $1 tier?

Good Humble today?
They have been on a effing roll with Weeklies recently...

Maybe... VN Bundle with Grisaia, Planetarian and If My Hearts Had Wings in $1 tier?

Introducing the Humble Eroge-JRPG Bundle:

Kamidori Alchemy Meister
Sengoku Rance 1-7
Brave Soul
Bad Rats VN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom