• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

jshackles

i just saw something strange

i tried to view this profile and i am using firefox with enhanced steam installed

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198093572075

i saw the early access header is weird

QKsZfmt.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
jshackles

i just saw something strange

i tried to view this profile and i am using firefox with enhanced steam installed

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198093572075

i saw the early access header is weird

Yeah, this is a known bug that was introduced when Valve made some server-side changes during the last Tuesday maintenance. The development channel of Enhanced Steam already has a fix in place for this (as well as replacing the banners) so this will definitely be fixed up in the next release of Enhanced Steam.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
That FEZ key's survived 3 consecutive garbage dumps. It's probably a bad key or broken.

Quite possibly yes. One thing I'll probably do before the next batch is just post the plaintext keys for stuff that's been being recycled for a while now, mark it as taken, and then move on with my life.

cyba89

So, Worms World Party Remastered isn't good going by the steam reviews (mostly negative, only 31% positive)? Thought about buying this from Nuuvem as this was the worms game I played the most (along with Worms 2), but then saw all these negative impressions.

A shame because I was actually a little hyped for this release.

Hektor

So, Worms World Party Remastered isn't good going by the steam reviews (mostly negative, only 31% positive)? Thought about buying this from Nuuvem as this was the worms game I played the most (along with Worms 2), but then saw all these negative impressions.

A shame because I was actually a little hyped for this release.

How the bloody hell are you able to fuck up the remaster of a 15 year old worms game?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
What the fuck?

Okay, recently released Steam game Mobile Light Force (aka Gunbird) has a Steam Store logo that looks like this:

header.jpg

But the screensots show the game is a sidescrolling shooter with an anime style like this:

ss_6a060ae31e6159822bd58b764757d1820801e122.600x338.jpg

What's with the huge contrast in styles here? XD; I know false advertising but this just seems so random to me.

What the fuck?

Okay, recently released Steam game Mobile Light Force (aka Gunbird) has a Steam Store logo that looks like this:

header.jpg

But the screensots show the game is a sidescrolling shooter with an anime style like this:

What's with the huge contrast in styles here? XD;
Because America.
I remember when that came out ni the states, I read the review in OPM, and they were as flabbergasted as you.

What the fuck?

header.jpg

What's with the huge contrast in styles here? XD; I know false advertising but this just seems so random to me.

Was it maybe a PSX game and they made the cover to appeal to american?

Dusk Golem

Because America.
I remember when that came out ni the states, I read the review in OPM, and they were as flabbergasted as you.

Was it maybe a PSX game and they made the cover to appeal to american?

The top image was it's boxart, at least in the US.

Okay, so it is actually a boxart thing. I was thinking it seemed like one of those box art image things from the 90s, seems like it actually was. Just kind of funny to see on Steam. XD

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What the fuck?

header.jpg

It must be a new trend. Here's another game that came out today:

and screenshot:

ss_4f5c910ac64a14c7d7c59d09fa7ccf8dececbc54.1920x1080.jpg

So weird...

Dusk Golem

It must be a new trend. Here's another game that came out today:

and screenshot:

ss_4f5c910ac64a14c7d7c59d09fa7ccf8dececbc54.1920x1080.jpg

So weird...

I actually saw that earlier today too. That one makes a bit more sense to me, the logo can attract people to give it a viewing though the game itself doesn't look like that. I think this one weirded me out because it's not like the store page logo is better/worse (going by Steam cards and sales, I actually think the anime art would bring more attention to it), but just you click it expecting one thing, but what the game actually is goes in a radically different direction, not in a sense it feels like clickbait, it just... Seems like it's done that way for no discernible purpose.

But it being an American cover from a PSX game from the 90s makes more sense, as that's when America was doing that whole weird rebranding thing of making things look more 'realistic' and dark than they actually were, even if it was straight-up false advertising.

Wait, gunbird came to steam!?! When did that happen

Just came out.

Jawmuncher

Because America.

Yep I remember that to. It was a budget release as well. Remember they said something like the cover might not represent the game but it's still good for the price.

What the fuck?

header.jpg

wth is this? idk if i should buy it :S

Mr. Doop

What the fuck?

header.jpg

The best thing about the American Mobile Light Force cover is that they used pretty much the exact same art for the sequel.

I'm in the market for a new pc monitor atm guys

Mainly looking for IPS screen + 1440p or higher resolution

4k, gysnc, 120hz would be nice too

Any recommendations? Budget is ~ 400-500 euro

Parsnip

I did and it looks like an AssCreed game alright. St Paul's Catherdral looks awesome but man does this build look empty, there's next to no one on the streets, especially compared to Unity.

Maybe it's for the better, might perform better on consoles too as a result. :p

Regarding Mobile Light Force, I remember reading somewhere that the reason the cover art is like that is because the publisher was trying to capitalize on the popularity of Charlie's Angels. Since the Full Throttle sequel came out the same year.

I still remember being so confused by it when it came out and never even bothered buying it because I already had Gunbird on the Saturn.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Batman AK was fine for me after the ambient occlusion/rain shader patch. The NVidia rain effect on the cape looked incredible.

I bought the season pass and am looking forward to all of the content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom