• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomax

Average amount per backer was $91. That's insane. Almost every major gaming Kickstarter averaged around $50 or so. For comparison, the Torment Kickstarter had 5k more backers but made over $2 million dollars less.

I honestly thought this was one of those parody news sites when I read it. It amazes me that 20 years later he seems exactly the same as he ever was. It's sad really, even if on a certain level he's probably right about Star Citizen.

mrgone

Just when I think irony has been destroyed by the internet, Derek Smart goes and saves it by accusing Star Citizen of being vaporware. Thank you Derek Smart.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
That's certainly a problem with totalbiscuit, but it's hardly the only one.

Hey, it was nearly three years ago and a lot of the current problems stem directly from that one.

All I'm saying is that it feels good for more people to finally be on that totalbiscuit hate train.

Lomax

It's still bizarre to me that the guy who I listened to rant about World of Warcraft ten years ago is now one of the most widely known and followed internet personalities. Personally I'll always be glad for all the great music he introduced me to regardless of anything else.

Sober

At least WB promised to fix it before they start selling it again. Normally publishers would just pretend it didn't happen, and hope everyone would forget about it when the sequel releases next year.
Let's not pretend that WB wasn't shamed into pulling the game.

I wouldn't even be surprised if the August patch rolled out and then they quietly stopped supporting the game other than rolling out season pass content.

SSPssp

Let's not pretend that WB wasn't shamed into pulling the game.

I wouldn't even be surprised if the August patch rolled out and then they quietly stopped supporting the game other than rolling out season pass content.

Yeah, the Steam refunds made them do it. I doubt they would have done anything if it weren't for the refunds.

Anteater

god damn, ghostbusters is so clunky, getting up takes forever when you get knocked down, the 'holding down jump and a direction for a second to run' is the worst, dodge is also hella slow and camera is kind of lame, but game isn't bad so far for a licensed game, just requires a little patience.

Does one need to play WotS 1-3 to understand the plot?

No you don't. They're all separate and unconnected. Though there is a tiny tiny tiny cameo in WotS 4 of some other characters in the form of DLC, but they're just more like oh hey it's that dude and that girl from other game.

So, Ive downloaded rocket league on my ps4 and im having a blast... im from mexico, and my brother is currently studying in canada, and i want to give him a PC copy of the game to play together with the cross-platform thing, but acording to steam:
Notice: Purchases made in Mexico can only be added to your library if you are in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Bahamas, Belize, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Paraguay, Suriname, El Salvador, Uruguay or Venezuela.

He is currently in Canada, so he cant claim the gift if I buy it? Can he use a VPN to claim it and then install it without issues?

MUnited83

For you.
So, Ive downloaded rocket league on my ps4 and im having a blast... im from mexico, and my brother is currently studying in canada, and i want to give him a PC copy of the game to play together with the cross-platform thing, but acording to steam:

He is currently in Canada, so he cant claim the gift if I buy it? Can he use a VPN to claim it and then install it without issues?

Does he have any valid payment methods from mexico still? Like a mexican paypal account or credit card? If so he can associate those with his account and he can switch between the canadian and mexican stores without issues.

Does he have any valid payment methods from mexico still? Like a mexican paypal account or credit card? If so he can associate those with his account and he can switch between the canadian and mexican stores without issues.

But the thing is I read that the mexican rocket league wont work outside mexico, or central america counties.

My fear is that he cant play it after paying for it. He can buy it in canada but it would be shitty if he cant play it anymore when he is back at mexico.

Grief.exe

Pretty sure Lashman posted it but as I suspected GUNBIRD 1 IS ON STEAM!
But alas it is the botched PS1 ver.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/379370/?snr=1_4_4__106

Is this the same developer that ported the last PS1 game?

No you don't. They're all separate and unconnected. Though there is a tiny tiny tiny cameo in WotS 4 of some other characters in the form of DLC, but they're just more like oh hey it's that dude and that girl from other game.

What's the combat like in WotS? Similar to Mount and Blade?

I get the impression that this is a series you get absolutely immersed in.

MUnited83

For you.
But the thing is I read that the mexican rocket league wont work outside mexico, or central america counties.

My fear is that he cant play it after paying for it. He can buy it in canada but it would be shitty if he cant play it anymore when he is back at mexico.
As long as he buys it directly with his account he won't have any issues, he will be able to play it anywhere

As long as he buys it directly with his account he won't have any issues, he will be able to play it anywhere

So, could I log in on mexico with is account, and buy them game which is a bit cheaper than in canada, and then he can play it there without issues?

First time seeing a game with this

Deques

zypJB1s.jpg

Seems to be a fun game

Poly bridge

Is this the same developer that ported the last PS1 game?

What's the combat like in WotS? Similar to Mount and Blade?

I get the impression that this is a series you get absolutely immersed in.

Similar to a small point, but in the mass combat, like in a samurai movies, people are more willing to say 1 v 1 you vs say Mount and Blade where everyone's gunning to kill everyone.

Mainly a combo weapon type of game, sort of like Devil May Cry, you do different button combos to pull off different moves, but the main thing of interest is the tons of different fighting styles. For example you can be the traditional samurai, or you can try and go all martial arts which have different attacks, or maybe you want to have a ninja style and go dual blades. With each having it's own unique moveset, there's also spears which have their own styles.

The big thing about combat is you have to watch out for your weapon's durability. So you swing too much recklessly, your weapon could break on the spot and you better hope to have a backup, or an item to restore it, but it leaves you wide open for quite awhile using it. So you're rewarded with successful parrying, blocking to create openings etc. This is further amplified with the "one-hit-kill" difficulty, where either you, or your opponent dies in one hit.

The other big difference is you collect various weapons of course, but you can upgrade them for more attack, more durability, and eventually if you use enough weapon certain times, you can give it a title, for example if you kill enough people with a single weapon you can title it 'killer" and get an attack bonus associated with it. Finally, you have a sort of 'super' meter, which you can enter a focused mode and unleash doom then do a cinematic finisher type of deal.

So overall it's sort of a mix of a more character action game, with a lot of freedom / potential to change things up, which you're encouraged to do with the newgame+ mode where you can keep unlocked outfits, items, weapons you saved etc.

Quick edit to add: Something else I forgot to add is you have two bars. Your health bar and your vitality bar. Basically, some attacks can bypass vitality and go straight to health, but if you're able to get some time to yourself, you can recover your health as long as you have vitality, but you reverse your blade (Blunt side) of your weapon and smack away vitality so no one can recover, OR you can also use it to effect the story / cutscenes or whatever you're doing and not kill people, instead knocking them unconscious etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom