• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

I hope he will be back too. No need to even post how helpful, on-topic and important he was to this thread. Learned so much from his posts. Would be really a great loss.

I am hopeful that he'll return. Everyone needs to vent and a bit time away from time to time. There's nothing wrong with that. If they return!

that would be very unfortunate

It's a warzone out there Jasec, come back to us

always making things difficult for himself!

L.O.R.D

CKOdwkGUMAE-uXS.jpg

so , there is 16 character this time , no more ? no DLC ?

CKOeMC-VAAAhJnr.jpg

hmmm

but , what the chances of NEW DLC that not in the DISC ?

tmarg

The ones that fall flat on their faces have additional gameplay content available at a cost or for free at a grind (some with ridiculous requirements).

They are all trying to be lol. Lol is still doing ok, last I heard.

I mean, they will never accomplish what lol has, but that's never stopped anyone from following previous gaming fads.

Lomax

That's a pretty valid point really. Assuming we still get good sales over time because the one nice thing about the prior method is that if you were a late adopter, you got the most content for the least price. So in this respect, they are potentially giving the biggest benefit to early adopters, which is something companies like Bethesda could certainly learn from. If they are really smart, they'll release an inexpensive initial edition at like $40 and a more expensive collector's complete edition at like $70 which comes with everything unlocked forever.

Honestly I wish sports games would adopt a model like this instead of the yearly new release system. Of all genres that DLC was perfect for but never used well, it was sports games.

Sch1sm

CKOdwkGUMAE-uXS.jpg

Considering the amount of years between SF releases, right, I have a feeling they'll release a DLC later on with some new additions to the roster.

16 feels too little. IV had great variation with 39.

Uzzy

The games that stand out as shining examples of games as a service have all gameplay centric content and updates free while having items like cosmetics and customization at small chargeable fees. The ones that fall flat on their faces have additional gameplay content available at a cost or for free at a grind (some with ridiculous requirements). Really until SFV is out and see how it works in practice, any praise or criticism is a bit moot.

Indeed. Wait and see seems the only rational response. Hopefully they'll balance it right, because what happened to SFxT shows just how shitty DLC practices can destroy a game.

Sounds like we're getting the new character reveal tomorrow too. I'd also like to see better pictures of these rejected Chun-Li costumes too.

Considering the amount of years between SF releases, right, I have a feeling they'll release a DLC later on with some new additions to the roster.

The slide mentions that they'll add more post-launch.

Seemingly as free DLC. Which you can unlock via fight money. Probably.

Tizoc

CKOdwkGUMAE-uXS.jpg

CKOeMC-VAAAhJnr.jpg

hmmm

but , what the chances of NEW DLC that not in the DISC ?

Well we got extra alt. outfits in SSF4, just datamine the disc if you wanna know what's locked in there, that you can still unlock by playing through the game

MadGear

Well it fits with their goal to introduce this to new players. A initially small roster allows newer players to learn matchups more easily without feeling too overwhelmed.
I'm actually very okay with that number ... ofc I won't be if they charge way too much for the upcoming fighters which would reveal other intentions.

dot

16 is fine... SFIV only had 39 after years of updates.

You can't really compare the two.

def sim

The new model for DLC in SFV is potentially convenient for those who will stick with it. I'll unlock characters with their system if it's a reasonable enough grind.

impact

Banned
Man, I can't help but remember all the mostly good times with Dark Souls. What a truly brilliant game. One of the few games I can call masterpiece with an ease mind. What a great, great game that I wish more people will enjoy.
Would be a shame for people to get swayed off by the image of it being super difficult when in reality it becomes such a tactical game once you grasp the mechanics and enemy behaviors. Really, almost easier than other games.
So very foreseeable and tactical because you learn timing, the durations of your each attacks and movements and those of enemies. Such a brilliant thing once it clicks and you "feel" the game.

Pretty much the best game on Steam that isn't a multiplayer focused game.

zkylon

zkylewd
i once tried to play league with my wacom

not recommended

Man, I can't help but remember all the mostly good times with Dark Souls. What a truly brilliant game. One of the few games I can call masterpiece with an ease mind. What a great, great game that I wish more people will enjoy.
Would be a shame for people to get swayed off by the image of it being super difficult when in reality it becomes such a tactical game once you grasp the mechanics and enemy behaviors. Really, almost easier than other games.
So very foreseeable and tactical because you learn timing, the durations of your each attacks and movements and those of enemies. Such a brilliant thing once it clicks and you "feel" the game.
i think the key thing about dark souls is that rather than being hard it's just a demanding game. if you're commited you can beat it pretty easily because of how telegraphed everything is if you're observant and patient

many videogames nowadays are very much focused on being extremely accessible which would be ok if it wasn't for how unimpactful it makes them feel. dark souls is not super hard or anything, it just has a skillfloor you need to meet, which is a stark contrast with games like ass creed or whatever in which you're just barraged with rewards for doing absolutely nothing of value

It's a warzone out there Jasec, come back to us
dug up a bit to see what happened, guess this thread is kind of doomed to turn on itself since there are so many different interpretations of what it should be like, and maybe we should all start accepting that our own is never gonna be realized exactly as we want it and try to be more patient and less defensive and all that fun stuff

i'm gonna try doing that at least

Skyforge is awesome.
I hope it'll make it to Steam to gather more spotlight, but sadly it already has its own platform so the chance is pretty slim.

Skyforge is awesome.
I hope it'll make it to Steam to gather more spotlight, but sadly it already has its own platform so the chance is pretty slim.

Archeage is on Steam and it uses it's own service and platform. Skyforge is pretty fun right now, just need to play more of it this time.

Sch1sm

16 is fine... SFIV only had 39 after years of updates.

You can't really compare the two.

I did mention the years thing just before that.

It's fine if you main one of the 16, and it's a good number for newbies like mentioned in posts before like someone else mentioned a bit before you. Pulls away the learning or several match ups like newbies to MOBAs are thrown into.

Sort of shafts those who mained the characters who were in SSFIV. Not that this applies to me as Chun Li was my #2. I suppose it's good that it's forcing people to try other characters and puts them level with new players. No real complaints or comparison. Just an observation, lol. I didn't play SFIV until the Super edition so I'm used to that amount, that's all.

fantomena

Sorry for my stupidity, but what is metacommentary? Tried Googling it, is it something about commenting on others commenting styles or whatever?

Edit: Found it out.

Chariot

Sorry for my stupidity, but what is metacommentary? Tried Googling it, is it something about commenting on others commenting styles or whatever?
Yes. Let's take anime as an example. Somebody posts an anime gif and then someone else starts a debatte about the posting style thst includes anime gifs. The latter is meta commentary and the one thing that derails the most. Not Bayonetta, not anime, not breakfast. Meta commentary snd discussion.

Guys are there any reasonably priced 1080p / 1440p ips displays that are worth getting for gaming, been looking all day and can only find the Dell monitors which are supposed to be quite good?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
last chance for garbage
this stuff is almost certainly taken, all of it

try anyway (guests without gaf accounts welcome)

Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC - buG5R8Mn3tKYmAT8
Hard Reset: Extended Edition - THF7K-VMJBB-DEM44
Fez - VYKFK-V556M-F0EKF
LIMBO - 3DP2E-5MALV-4EKDN
Magicka Plus Crusader Kings II - J76CE-E9VZZ-TR3N4
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaugs Treasure DLC - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=u854Vv7kDzFH5vp5
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaugs Treasure DLC #2 - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=KsnWSTGVWyWpST52
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaugs Treasure DLC #3 - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=HSmAaF8zTtSZ3ZVT
Guardians of Middle Earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=nFG6H4XGwcseTCTA
Crysis 2 (Origin) - 6C33-TV8B-NVR9-6BZ5-S2EV
Dead Space (Origin) - G5HR-P9DC-C7B5-9D5Z-3EY3
Little Inferno Steam Key - D9EBK-ZM3E7-AK4DC
Dead Space Origin Key - 98AJ-WSLM-E9KH-RMCG-H7QM
Dead Space Steam Key - 2M2LF-GVY50-B46IN
Dead Space (Origin key) - A2P7-HGCQ-HAU2-2U8W-X75B
Guardians of Middle-earth: Smaug's Treasure DLC - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=upxsSrkn3Nq7p674
Dead Space Origin - BUUC-RQ52-D8WR-V2PS-GDTL
Dead Space Origin - DW22-R58J-PWUY-PD97-C97C
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3: Uprising - C7G8-3U23-ENWF-7T4D-GTWX
Dead Space Origin - B8TB-7AXP-LA5C-JA37-NKR3
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 Uprising Origin - 9E9Z-7E45-83QZ-ET4S-6YY7
HE Duality: Inception Part 3 DLC - PBZPA-C6GEV-C39WP
Hacker Evolution Duality - L82ZC-XTJ49-P25RW
HE Duality: Inception Part 3 DLC - LZ6MP-VPALA-GXDMV
HE Duality: Inception Part 2 DLC - LNWQR-QC4RA-9WWHW
Dead Space (Origin) ---- - CPUC-2ZWM-T3CV-35MM-V2MF
Guardians of Middle-earth Smaug's Treasure DLC - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=ffVdD4RdrRd43ZKk

Dsyndrome

Haven't played Street Fighter since the SNES, picked up IV with the sale. Will probably keep liking MK more since it has a story, but keeping an open mind for SF.

Yes. Let's take anime as an example. Somebody posts an anime gif and then someone else starts a debatte about the posting style thst includes anime gifs. The latter is meta commentary and the one thing that derails the most. Not Bayonetta, not anime, not breakfast. Meta commentary snd discussion.

That's so meta.
last chance for garbage
this stuff is almost certainly taken, all of it

try anyway (guests without gaf accounts welcome)

Took Little Inferno for the +1. It could be about Saddam and Satan for all I know.

Grief.exe

So the freesync one is abit cheaper eh, I guess nvidia cards dont work with freesync :(

Gsync requires a separate module that handles the functionality, Freesync just uses an open standard available with the new version of Display Port. Freesync monitors are obviously cheaper due to the lower production costs.

I just sent you that link for a good idea on what to look for as far as gaming monitors. Many IPS screens have a high total lag, which is not conducive to gaming.

Gsync requires a separate module that handles the functionality, Freesync just uses an open standard available with the new version of Display Port. Freesync monitors are obviously cheaper due to the lower production costs.

I just sent you that link for a good idea on what to look for as far as gaming monitors. Many IPS screens have a high total lag, which is not conducive to gaming.

Are there any VA monitors or is it mostly IPS / TN and yeah I watch alot of anime aswell so the colours of IPS screens are very nice :)

SteamGAF, let it be known that Analogue: A Hate Story is legit. It appears as a simple visual novel, but it manages to turn that format into something genuninely interesting to play. Best of all, it has some great writing and it makes great fantastic use of the VN format to enhance its storytelling. Analogue is the sort of game that you'll remember a long time after playing.

I haven't played the sequel or whatever yet, but I expect good things from it.

Annubis

SteamGAF, let it be known that Analogue: A Hate Story is legit. It appears as a simple visual novel, but it manages to turn that format into something genuninely interesting to play. Best of all, it has some great writing and it makes great fantastic use of the VN format to enhance its storytelling. Analogue is the sort of game that you'll remember a long time after playing.

You got all the endings, right?

I tend to agree, but then what is commentary on the meta comentary? Meta-meta commentary? And then I just commented on that.

zkylon

zkylewd

i've been saying this for eons

all of christine love's games are fucking amazing

digital a love story (free): http://scoutshonour.com/digital/
dtipbitays (free): http://scoutshonour.com/donttakeitpersonallybabeitjustaintyourstory/
analogue a hate story: http://store.steampowered.com/app/209370/
hate plus: http://store.steampowered.com/app/239700/
ladykiller in a bind (soon): http://loveconquersallgam.es/

ladykiller sounds awesome

i love her

CAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom