• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So good. Catherine deserves to get on the main stage for EVO 2016.

Stream numbers weren't too bad for it, and it certainly seems to be catching on as a favorite. Don't know if it'll ever occupy the same space as the big games, but I'd love to see it keep returning every year.

Maybe we'll see a PC version in 10 years~

SteamGAF, let it be known that Analogue: A Hate Story is legit. It appears as a simple visual novel, but it manages to turn that format into something genuninely interesting to play. Best of all, it has some great writing and it makes great fantastic use of the VN format to enhance its storytelling. Analogue is the sort of game that you'll remember a long time after playing.

I haven't played the sequel or whatever yet, but I expect good things from it.

Analogue is a VN I try to introduce people to who want to experience Visual Novels but are unsure where they want to go due to the tropes many tend to employ. Hate Plus does even more to turn things upside down, but at the same time, it does include a bit more in the way of being forward with its anime upbringing. Hope you give it a go soon!

I'd also recommend checking out Queen Christine's other works, since other than those two they're all freely available. Digital is my favorite, the title of which is what Analogue's is in reference to. Though, they aren't connected in any way beyond that.

i've been saying this for eons

all of christine love's games are fucking amazing

digital a love story (free): http://scoutshonour.com/digital/
dtipbitays (free): http://scoutshonour.com/donttakeitpersonallybabeitjustaintyourstory/
analogue a hate story: http://store.steampowered.com/app/209370/
hate plus: http://store.steampowered.com/app/239700/
ladykiller in a bind (soon): http://loveconquersallgam.es/

ladykiller sounds awesome

i love her

CAKE

Analogue is a VN I try to introduce people to who want to experience Visual Novels but are unsure due to the tropes many tend to employ. Hate Plus does even more to turn things upside down, but at the same time, it does include a bit more in the way of being forward with its anime upbringing. Hope you give it a go soon!

I'd also recommend checking out Queen Christine's other works, since other than those two they're all freely available. Digital is my favorite, the title of which is what Analogue's is in reference to. Though, they aren't connected in any way beyond that.

vIHpxrt.gif

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I went into that garbage truck sim just looking for a dead space steam key, I got it after testing 4 keys, but now I don't know what to do with the 3 other keys which were origin dead space keys.

SSPssp

I went into that garbage truck sim just looking for a dead space steam key, I got it after testing 4 keys, but now I don't know what to do with the 3 other keys which were origin dead space keys.

Just dump them out in the open in the thread. A lot of the keys are used or for Desura/Origin. No one will be surprised.

KingKong

Resident Evil 6 seems pretty fun so far. I'm enjoying it more than Resident Evil 5 or Evil Within but I'm still on the Leon campaign and from what I heard the other ones aren't as good

Parsnip

Game 17 of the year done.
And with Aria of Sorrow, I've finally after all these years actually played through the GBA Castlevania games (and probably should move to DS games next). It's a weird thing, but even though the second playable character that you unlock feels like a lot of fun to play as, I don't feel like playing it again since there's no story attached to it. Now, if there were achievements... It's a shame that Konami will never bring these to other platforms, I'd buy them on Steam in a heartbeat. Well, maybe not Circle of the Moon, didn't really like that one.

Konamiiiiii.

Arthea

Game 17 of the year done.
And with Aria of Sorrow, I've finally after all these years actually played through the GBA Castlevania games (and probably should move to DS games next). It's a weird thing, but even though the second playable character that you unlock feels like a lot of fun to play as, I don't feel like playing it again since there's no story attached to it. Now, if there were achievements... It's a shame that Konami will never bring these to other platforms, I'd buy them on Steam in a heartbeat. Well, maybe not Circle of the Moon, didn't really like that one.

Konamiiiiii.

Konami is basically a lost cause by now.

Goli

I have a question everyone, is there a way to use a PS3 controller with BetterDS3 for gaming on Steam without installing some sort of Bluetooth driver? I intend to use it wired all the time.

shockdude

I have a question everyone, is there a way to use a PS3 controller with BetterDS3 for gaming on Steam without installing some sort of Bluetooth driver? I intend to use it wired all the time.
I use my PS3 controller wired all the time; it doesn't need a special Bluetooth driver.

Do you simply want a plug-and-play replacement for a 360 controller? Then use the Scarlet.Crush XInput Wrapper driver, and don't install the Bluetooth driver.
Do you need advanced button remapping (e.g. use DPAD instead of left stick, use buttons as keyboard keys), and have some time to spare? Then use MotioninJoy+BetterDS3, but PM me as MotioninJoy is iffy and needs specific instructions to set up safely.

Goli

I use my PS3 controller wired all the time; it doesn't need a special Bluetooth driver.

Do you simply want a plug-and-play replacement for a 360 controller? Then use the Scarlet.Crush XInput Wrapper driver, and don't install the Bluetooth driver.
Do you need advanced button remapping (e.g. use DPAD instead of left stick, use buttons as keyboard keys), and have some time to spare? Then use MotioninJoy+BetterDS3, but PM me as MotioninJoy is iffy and needs specific instructions to set up safely.

Previously I had used the MotionInJoy drivers but I read that those overwrite the standard BT drivers, which I need, luckily I just tried that Scarlet thing and it worked easily and flawlessly, thanks a lot!

shockdude

Previously I had used the MotionInJoy drivers but I read that those overwrite the standard BT drivers, which I need, luckily I just tried that Scarlet thing and it worked easily and flawlessly, thanks a lot!
Glad to hear you got it to work, enjoy!
Yeah all DS3 bluetooth drivers overwrite the default drivers. Both MotioninJoy and Scarlet.Crush don't require the bluetooth drivers, and they work totally fine when wired.
I use MotioninJoy on a laptop with an Intel Bluetooth chip. Whenever I need to use the DS3 wirelessly, I simply install the DS3 drivers (10 seconds), and when I'm done I reinstall the Intel drivers (20 seconds).

Thanks, bookmarked. I also use x360ce www.x360ce.com to remap controller buttons. Haven't tried whether it works with DS3 though only USB gamepad.

i've been saying this for eons

all of christine love's games are fucking amazing

digital a love story (free): http://scoutshonour.com/digital/
dtipbitays (free): http://scoutshonour.com/donttakeitpersonallybabeitjustaintyourstory/
analogue a hate story: http://store.steampowered.com/app/209370/
hate plus: http://store.steampowered.com/app/239700/
ladykiller in a bind (soon): http://loveconquersallgam.es/

ladykiller sounds awesome

i love her

CAKE

Analogue is a VN I try to introduce people to who want to experience Visual Novels but are unsure where they want to go due to the tropes many tend to employ. Hate Plus does even more to turn things upside down, but at the same time, it does include a bit more in the way of being forward with its anime upbringing. Hope you give it a go soon!

Didn't realise Christine had made so many games - I'll have to check 'em out some time. Thanks you two!

And yeah, Analogue is a great introduction to VNs. I actually spent the first hour of it fully prepared to drop the game, but it managed to tie everything together in a very compelling way that made me see it through, to every ending. By that point it completely won me over; Analogue is just great all around.

Lastly, speaking of cake, that's one is of the most honest achievements I've seen in a long time.

You got all the endings, right?
Of course! After that first playthrough I couldn't really stop myself from 100%ing the story.

Buraindo

SteamGAF, let it be known that Analogue: A Hate Story is legit. It appears as a simple visual novel, but it manages to turn that format into something genuninely interesting to play. Best of all, it has some great writing and it makes great fantastic use of the VN format to enhance its storytelling. Analogue is the sort of game that you'll remember a long time after playing.

I haven't played the sequel or whatever yet, but I expect good things from it.

Glad to see that you and others here liked Analogue as much as I did. I should probably play through it again to see the endings I missed.
Brilliant game that deserves more recognition.

Hey guys,

I'm considering buying a copy of Witcher 3 and giving it away, just because. It's on sale currently at 42% off on Gamesplanet. I have a couple of questions though. First off, is Gamesplanet a site that GAF is OK with? I have zero affiliation with them and they're legit, I just want to make sure i'm not going against any rules.

Secondly, what would be the best way to make this fair? A kind of competition I guess?

Lomax

Hey guys,

I'm considering buying a copy of Witcher 3 and giving it away, just because. It's on sale currently at 42% off on Gamesplanet. I have a couple of questions though. First off, is Gamesplanet a site that GAF is OK with? I have zero affiliation with them and they're legit, I just want to make sure i'm not going against any rules.

Secondly, what would be the best way to make this fair? A kind of competition I guess?

Pretty sure Gamesplanet is okay, but it's cheaper on GMG (50% off in the VIP section). Bear in mind that all those sites are just selling GoG keys, not Steam keys. And the best way to give away anything on GAF is ModBot.

Hey guys,

I can't say how legitimate gamesplanet is, but if you want to do a competition trivia of sorts, why not use ModBot's trivia function?

Pretty sure Gamesplanet is okay, but it's cheaper on GMG (50% off in the VIP section). Bear in mind that all those sites are just selling GoG keys, not Steam keys. And the best way to give away anything on GAF is ModBot.

Ahh thanks. Glad I saw that. Shows $46 on my end in Canada which is less than 50% but still good.

How exactly do I go about using Modbot and whats the...err.. rules thing?

edit: I'm clueless as you can tell, but a GAFer got me a free Dead Space Origin key so I want to pay it forward.

zkylon

zkylewd
Didn't realise Christine had made so many games - I'll have to check 'em out some time. Thanks you two!

And yeah, Analogue is a great introduction to VNs. I actually spent the first hour of it fully prepared to drop the game, but it managed to tie everything together in a very compelling way that made me see it through, to every ending. By that point it completely won me over; Analogue is just great all around.

Lastly, speaking of cake, that's one is of the most honest achievements I've seen in a long time.

the BEST

X7GArjJ.png

i very strongly suggest you play them in the order i posted (tho u can do hate plus now if u want)

Miguel81

Resident Evil 6 seems pretty fun so far. I'm enjoying it more than Resident Evil 5 or Evil Within but I'm still on the Leon campaign and from what I heard the other ones aren't as good

I was also expecting to like the Leon campaign the most, but the Jake/Sherry one ended up being my favorite. Jake was the most fun to use with melee.

It's weird that FPS locks are suddenly an issue worth personal treats [sic] when that information has been out there for years, generally day 1 or earlier for said games. It's as if the people commiting these acts are only paying attention to what's popular, and latching onto them. It leads me to believe that trolls really are winning the Internet, if only through sheer visibility.

At times the Internet sure can be a bummer.
the BEST

X7GArjJ.png

i very strongly suggest you play them in the order i posted (tho u can do hate plus now if u want)

Ahahaha, amazing. You're a real completionist, zkylon.

I'll probably go through Hate Plus soon, and save the others for later. I can only play so many adventure games in a row before my will dissolves. (I'm currently mired in The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav which has been decidedly average so far... and it's quite long, too.)

You may also want to play with this AFTER 100%-ing Hate Plus.
(Don't browse the link yet to avoid spoilers - Just remember it for later)
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/L4RMP
Alright, bookmarked.

Had no idea this stuff was so many layers deep.

And again, thanks to both of you for the information.

zkylon

zkylewd
hard to believe i've survived so easily for 4 months without a videocard

it's even more weird that i've barely missed it

Ahahaha, amazing. You're a real completionist, zkylon.
i mean, for chris love i am

hope there's some kinky ass picture achievements in ladykiller in a bind >:3

I'll probably go through Hate Plus soon, and save the others for later. I can only play so many adventure games in a row before my will dissolves. (I'm currently mired in The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav which has been decidedly average so far... and it's quite long, too.)
the other games are pretty short, only a couple hours each, lot less than analogue and hato pluso

tho wait for a rainy day for digital

that game is absolutely perfect for a rainy day

Thanks man.

All seems to make sense but I have one question. If i'm creating a new thread I should include the line:

THREAD http://www.neogaf.com/forum

Nothing else right? Sorry for bugging you guys I just want to get this right first time.
Yes.

THREAD http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=460878

For example works for the free to a good home thread.

It's fine, you're not bugging anyone. Feel free to ask as much as you need to. ^^

And also a sense of humor.
True, true.

M.D

Who thought locking the grapple boost behind the VR missions in Arkham City was a good idea? I kept waiting for that thing to show up and only found out about how you get it after finshing the game

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Who thought locking the grapple boost behind the VR missions in Arkham City was a good idea? I kept waiting for that thing to show up and only found out about how you get it after finshing the game

I think because they are presented as a sort of training in the game that the devs thought most people would do them. I know I did them immediately as they came up.

Momentary

Banned
Where are quotes from these threats? Just seems kind of weird when the writing was on the wall for a lot of these games already.Why is this happening now rather than before? People have been complaining about 30fps on PC since it's been in use.

On another note. Neptunia Rebirth 1 and 2 are in no way as good as people make out to be from the Steam Community. The game is mediocre at best. I'll still buy the 3rd one when it's released.

Also, my wife caught me playing Killer is Dead during the Gigolo mode. Had a hard time explaining that one. Almost as embarrassing as the time I had a group of college cheerleaders walk into my house while playing the Little Mermaid sing along in Kingdom Hearts 2 back in 2006.

Sober

Where are quotes from these threats? Just seems kind of weird when the writing was on the wall for a lot of these games already. Just seems kind of weird that threats are just happening now over 30fps.
Maybe next they can bully Crystal Dynamics into unlocking the fps on Pandemonium, you know, a PS1 game from 1996.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom