• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Did jasec quit the thread

Jaseec

JAAAAASEC

B5yMiW6.jpg

He hasn't posted here since the drama from earlier in the week. Metacommentary on other's posting styles or content has caused a lot more damage than the actual posts in question, and I think it'd be wise for us to no longer air such grievances out in public as it pushes people away. That's not to say you can't send them a PM or ask Stump if something's truly out of line, but we shouldn't be doing things to actively antagonize a specific poster or set of posters in the thread.

Vuze

I run into stuttering issues at 1440p due to Vram considerations. It's an excellent card for 1080p, but beyond that you are better off with a 980 or waiting for the 1000 series.
Which games specifically? Haven't tested a lot since upgrading to 1440p but I've only experienced stuttering in Arkham Knight (and I'm quite confident that stems from other issues than the slow 0.5gb).

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
He hasn't posted here since the drama from earlier in the week. Metacommentary on other's posting styles or content has caused a lot more damage than the actual posts in question, and I think it'd be wise for us to no longer air such grievances out in public as it pushes people away. That's not to say you can't send them a PM or ask Stump if something's truly out of line, but we shouldn't be doing things to actively antagonize a specific poster or set of posters in the thread.

I fully agree with this.

I think the metacommentary is one of the biggest reasons that most posters stop posting here.

Anteater

in my honest opinion

jasec should just stay away from ass creed

Oh look, the 1.0.7 patch reset ALL THE FUCKING SETTINGS to default.
Well done CDPR.

not like there are much settings!

Grief.exe

Which games specifically? Haven't tested a lot since upgrading to 1440p but I've only experienced stuttering in Arkham Knight (and I'm quite confident that stems from other issues than the slow 0.5gb).

GTAV mainly, Witcher doesn't seem to get anywhere near the VRAM limit.

Oh look, the 1.0.7 patch reset ALL THE FUCKING SETTINGS to default.
Well done CDPR.

Whoa now, look out. Hard times are ahead.

Uzzy

Couldn't you do that final part on the old Street Fighters before DLC etc etc became the norm?

You'd have unlockable characters that were hidden behind gameplay requirements, sure. Depending on how strict the requirements are, and how balanced the in game currency is, I potentially have no problem with this. Also, not calling them 'Bison Dollars' is a wasted opportunity.

Some guy on reddit... :(
An incredible deal. Just incredible. He's probably gonna scalp one at least.
It's Atlus. I highly doubt they'll port anything to PC for now.

It'd be amazing, but I really don't think you should keep expectations of a port.
Never having played a Persona, I am slowly getting the impression playing it on a handheld would be best since it can be played in bursts easily, from what I read and saw.

Hope the whole series comes at some point to PC though. With Steamboy it would be preeeety sweet.
A story focused puzzle game at EVO. Would not have guessed.
After finishing Bloodborne earlier this year I decided to give Dark Souls another shot today.
Gaping Dragon
is still kicking my ass. Seems even a bit harder now after BB because I constantly forget to raise my shield and everything is so heavy and slow. But I had him down to one fifth of his health so I'm slowly getting there...

Yes, I know he is supposed to be one of the easier bosses of the game, because his attacks are super-obvious. :p
Man, Gaping Dragon was by far the hardest boss for me. Died so many times, was so freaking sweaty and pumped with adrenaline once I beat him. Always reading how he is one of the easier bosses feels weird, hah :S Maybe I got to him too early or something but he handed me my ass so many times.

But still one of my most beloved memories with Dark Souls!
I got you:

iqjN2Hl2YWxoP.gif

Edit: Did the embedded gif stop playing? Here's the link I guess: http://i.minus.com/iqjN2Hl2YWxoP.gif
Was impressed first time I saw that gif and still impressed.

Stupid thing to get set up on but I made a slightly higher quality version.

spLW1f6.gif

Did jasec quit the thread

Jaseec

JAAAAASEC
I hope he will be back too. No need to even post how helpful, on-topic and important he was to this thread. Learned so much from his posts. Would be really a great loss.

I am hopeful that he'll return. Everyone needs to vent and a bit time away from time to time. There's nothing wrong with that. If they return!

Maniac

Banned
New Geralt movement is more responsive and a bit faster. I like it. They also added HairWorks AA (0/2/4/8) and HairWorks Preset (Low/Medium/High) in Graphic Menu.

Nice. This means I can finally start using HairWorks properly. I'd been hamfisting a lower tesselation amount beforehand and it didn't work incredibly well. I wont be using the movement system though, I like how realistic the default one is; the faster one is almost the very definition of 'gamey' movement.

Sch1sm

Do you need to spend money, because I played more than 3 hours and still nothing.

I'm not sure, since I don't own it. I just know Valve has pushed first card drop to at least 2 hours so we don't idle and then refund games. You should have x amount of card drops before you need to spend money to get more, though.

Deitus

Grinding for fight money! Yay~

Great job Capcpcom

It really depends on execution. The initial roster is 16 fighters, which isn't huge, but doesn't sound bad either. If they add new fighters they way they would have anyway, but now there is an option to earn them without paying money, that doesn't sound too bad.

Of course it is going to come down to how quickly in game cash is doled out. If it feels like a tedious grind to earn even one character, then that's a problem. But if cash is dropped fast enough where you are just deciding between buying a new character first and costumes for your existing characters later, or vice versa, I think it will be fine.

Was impressed first time I saw that gif and still impressed.

Stupid thing to get set up on but I made a slightly higher quality version.

spLW1f6.gif

Kay's whole playthrough is impressive. One of these days, I want to watch the rest of it, but it's hard to set aside 50+ hours to watch someone play a game I've already sunk 100+ hours into. Then she also has runs of DS2 and Demons Souls, but I'm under no illusion that I'll ever have time for that.

Better get some context before we jump to conclusions.

CKOd6bMUYAA1mFJ.jpg

CKOeDmkVEAAfNmC.jpg
I wasn't being serious. I'm not going to pass any judgement on SFV yet. I just hope it can surpass my expectations.

Never having played a Persona, I am slowly getting the impression playing it on a handheld would be best since it can be played in bursts easily, from what I read and saw.

Hope the whole series comes at some point to PC though. With Steamboy it would be preeeety sweet
Yeah, playing P4G on vita (or any game) with the resume/sleep feature has been absolutely delightful. Hopefully more products can replicate the feature.

Kay's whole playthrough is impressive. One of these days, I want to watch the rest of it, but it's hard to set aside 50+ hours to watch someone play a game I've already sunk 100+ hours into. Then she also has runs of DS2 and Demons Souls, but I'm under no illusion that I'll ever have time for that.
I watched the first 40 episodes of DaS in a short span and boy did it take long. But after that I realized she got fairly competent at the game and that made me loose interest and ultimately stop watching.
It's the pain of adjusting to it that is most fun to watch I believe.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i owe it to myself to watch kay's lp too

at this point i probably watched more people play dark souls that played it myself, and i have like over 300hrs between all souls games combined

Dr Dogg

The games that stand out as shining examples of games as a service have all gameplay centric content and updates free while having items like cosmetics and customization at small chargeable fees. The ones that fall flat on their faces have additional gameplay content available at a cost or for free at a grind (some with ridiculous requirements). Really until SFV is out and see how it works in practice, any praise or criticism is a bit moot.

Man, I can't help but remember all the mostly good times with Dark Souls. What a truly brilliant game. One of the few games I can call masterpiece with an ease mind. What a great, great game that I wish more people will enjoy.
Would be a shame for people to get swayed off by the image of it being super difficult when in reality it becomes such a tactical game once you grasp the mechanics and enemy behaviors. Really, almost easier than other games.
So very foreseeable and tactical because you learn timing, the durations of your each attacks and movements and those of enemies. Such a brilliant thing once it clicks and you "feel" the game.

Tizoc

You guys want to talk grinding for characters in a fighting game?
Go Play MvC2, it had grinding to unlock characters in its original arcade release too IIRC.

Dr Dogg

You guys want to talk grinding for characters in a fighting game?
Go Play MvC2, it had grinding to unlock characters in its original arcade release too IIRC.

Hahaha yeah I was thinking that too. It's pretty much the template for what's could be used in SFV. When my VMU battery died so did my MVC2 save :(

It's just like the arcade days!

Except with no social interaction

Well at least in something like NBA Jam you had essentially your own 'account' on the machine with all your unlocks saved. Didn't NeoGeo cabinets allow you to inset memory cards?

MadGear

We really have to wait to see how individual characters are priced and how much of a "grind" is required to earn a single character. One thing is for sure, they neither want every player to get ALL the content for free nor do they want some players to get all the content for free. I guess at best the average players will see a small discount by buying characters with the ingame currency but will unlikely be able to afford all of them.
The best thing about this however is that there wont be any paid version upgrades anymore. This basically means that with SFV you will always have the one version of the game that everyone else is playing and will always be able to jump in and play without being bothered to upgrade to a newer version of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom