• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Winning" C&C Uprising made me realize I had none of the games digitally. Rectified that, unfortunately on Origin, now I have them all and am missing Westwood Studios. C&C is the first game I've actually played on the client. So congrats ModBot for spreading e-commerce and such with the garbage dump.
wish they were all on Steam but that's not gonna happen.

Yeah having an origin account made me get BattleField 2142 for 1$ from amazon cuz it was 1$ and I loved 2142. The only money I ever spent.

I don't know if I'll ever play it.

Teggy

Knocked off Just Cause 1 & 2 from the list of games I need to finish to be ready for new releases later in the year. Based on the stuff they've shown of JC3 they have addressed some of the key issues I still have with the games so I have high hopes.

So now I just have
Assassin's Creed 4/Freedom Cry/Unity
Fallout 4/New Vegas
XCOM Enemy Unknown/Enemy Within
Divine Divinity/Beyond Divinity/Divinity 3
Persona 3/4

Hm...this may not happen.

Caerith

Knocked off Just Cause 1 & 2 from the list of games I need to finish to be ready for new releases later in the year. Based on the stuff they've shown of JC3 they have addressed some of the key issues I still have with the games so I have high hopes.

So now I just have
Fallout 4/New Vegas
Persona 3/4

Start with XCOM, it's pretty easy to get the canon ending.

Sch1sm

So now I just have
Fallout 4/New Vegas
Persona 3/4

Black Flag something like 20 hours, if you just complete the sequences with no worry for perfection and the extras (i.e. all the ship objectives you come across). That being said, it's up there for me.

I haven't played Unity yet, but I'm at OG (all the bias)>Brotherhood>IV>II>Revelations>III.

You have to, absolutely have to, play Fallout New Vegas, by the way. You're doing yourself a disservice if you don't.

Sarcasm

So went to try DA:I on Origin and saw this upload world thing which lead me to dragon age keep.

I know nothing and just selected random things, anything I should be aware of?

Anteater

I only get to play DAI's trial for like 20minutes, the game thinks I've played 6hrs even when I've only spent like 2hrs into the character creator. It even says 3hrs for total time played on origin.

Lain

I have this problem with my C drive losing space and I have no clue where it goes. For example, I have 8.75GB left, I hit the clean disk utility, then hit the remove system files button, it says that I can clean 380MB, so I hit delete and after the deletion ends, ta-da! I now have 8.64GB left...

dex3108

I have this problem with my C drive losing space and I have no clue where it goes. For example, I have 8.75GB left, I hit the clean disk utility, then hit the remove system files button, it says that I can clean 380MB, so I hit delete and after the deletion ends, ta-da! I now have 8.64GB left...

Use Space Sniffer or similar software to see what takes space.

zkylon

zkylewd

So now I just have
Fallout 4/New Vegas
Persona 3/4

that's a difficult list

new vegas or the persona games

either choice you make is wrong

if you're going by absolute greatness then i would play those games over anything else, but i can imagine playing two persona games in a year can be exhausting

Enhanced Steam has over two million downloads and it turns out that having warning messages on the store page ends up being pretty effective even if it's in the hands of a small percentage of Steam's total user base. I've personally worked with a few developers who had questions about 3rd party DRM and how it interacts with Steam - several of which were convinced to remove their extra DRM because they didn't want the red banner on their store pages any more. I'd say that, overall, messages like that have been a success.

It's also the kind of thing that helps a program like Enhanced Steam reach more people. With the DRM example I see posts on Reddit/Twitter all the time like "Dude, I didn't know Black Flag on Steam required uPlay!" and a string of people telling them "Dude, you should have been using Enhanced Steam". In fact, that feature became so popular and such an issue that when Valve redesigned the store they included a section specifically for 3rd party DRM, although they sadly chose to make it yellow.

Anyway, it's something I'm working on and I'm also making it crowd-sourced so that there isn't just one person who says "Yes this game has a locked frame rate" that gets to be the authority (or police, as you will) on the matter. Hopefully it's another feature that proves popular enough that people take advantage of it, use it, and it eventually finds it's way into Steam proper.
i feel like all games in the ass creed series shold have big a red banner that says JUST PLAY ASS CREED 2 AGAIN

gelf

That 30fps list just confirms to me that I likely won't notice framerate until its pointed out. I've finished some of those and had no idea.

Knurek

Help me, people.
I'm eying miniITX version of 970
Should make my current 750 TI woes irrelevant.
But... Do I really need such a card for playing mostly lastgen games? I mean, I'm replaying Mass Effect 2 right now, and getting locked 1080p60 with my current GPU. Only game so far that I had to restrict IQ-wise is Witcher 3.
$370 is a lot of money...

Tizoc

Just pre-ordered Tembo the Badass Elephant for $12 off GetGamesGo.com
it's releasing in 2 days so grab it if you want frantic 2d action =3

Help me, people.
I'm eying miniITX version of 970
Should make my current 750 TI woes irrelevant.
But... Do I really need such a card for playing mostly lastgen games? I mean, I'm replaying Mass Effect 2 right now, and getting locked 1080p60 with my current GPU. Only game so far that I had to restrict IQ-wise is Witcher 3.
$370 is a lot of money...
You could always downsample them, or apply custom effects. People said 980ti is overkill for 1080p too, and I disagreed, also it doesn't hurt to future proof your own PC. Plus, you'd never know which new game would pique your interest, go for it.

Wok

It could just be Windows Restore Points that take up space.

Which clean disk utility are you using? Have you tried CCleaner?

Anteater

new movement in w3 is cool, 30fps don't feel as poop now, so I can now play it at 1080p instead of 1360x768

and all those inventory space!

this game is great now

if I could get rid of the stopping animation for sprinting, I would, those extra animations are unnecessary for me, I just want to shoot/slice shit

fantomena

This is TB and 60 FPS snobs worst nightmare: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1081588

This is insanity. If this is how this curator will end up doing, then Im all for getting rid of the curator and try something else instead. Im all for informing customers and informing them about FPS caps is a good thing imo, but if this curator method is in the end making people threaten game devs because of it I would rather have the curator removed.

Threats is always crossing the line.

Haunted

At this point no matter what TotalBiscuit does, even if he means well, his GG audience will shit it up, like that time he tweeted a charity stream.

He's basically this:

20141024-hornets.png
Well, that comic implies that TB actually has good intentions and can't possibly foresee the negative consequences.

I don't think he's quite as blue-eyed and naive as that.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Now that I've finally completed everything Dishonored I could watch the sequel trailer... Generally dislike cgi trailers, but that one was awesome. Can't wait to
play as Emily

I got clean hands & ghost for Brigmore Witches as well. I loved the non lethal solution where you do the
switcheroo with the painting

I was wondering why my perfect games count had dropped by one, turns out the devs of Transplan have patched in 10 more master levels and another achievement.

M.D

Hmm anyone knows if Batman Origins on PC suffers from performance issues/glitches? I know there were a lot of complaints about the devs not fixing known issues but not sure if it was for console versions only or PC as well

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Hmm anyone knows if Batman Origins on PC suffers from performance issues/glitches? I know there were a lot of complaints about the devs not fixing known issues but not sure if it was for console versions only or PC as well

iirc the pc version was a hot mess at launch. I played after it got patched and had no issues at all. A very smooth playthrough with no hiccups (amd card here).

Sometimes when you try to change targets while Batman punches people, he flew across the battle ground to punch another guy. Other than that, I don't remember any bugs.

eyeless

was there a way to find out what a game key is without activating it? got a key from the gmg summer mystery thing but i'm not interested in having junk games that i don't intend to play in my library

JustLynx

was there a way to find out what a game key is without activating it? got a key from the gmg summer mystery thing but i'm not interested in having junk games that i don't intend to play in my library

there's no way of knowing before activating it,
but, you can activate it, and if it's crap, you can just hide it

Don't go into the back rooms of the Iceburg club after the 2? riddler trophies until you have at least finished the story. You savegame may end there permanently.

Give it to JaseC, since he already owned everything, the key can't be redeemed.

JustLynx

hmm

anyone know if someone compiled a list of games that people are getting from this mystery thing?

there's another way, give it to a collector, he probably already own it, so he'll be able to tell you which game it is and won't be able to activate it

So beat the game then go for Riddler Trophies?

Just those 2 really. There is a bug where you can fall through the floor and the game can save you in that state in endless black. WB never fixed it or admitted it was a problem and never adjusted games stuck in that state. In early patches there was an unofficial patch/hack that would move you somewhere else safe in the world but WB in there great wisdom patched out the hacks ability to work in a later patch but of course left the bug.

Really annoyed me when it happened as I wanted to finish the Riddler stuff.

I don't really see any other alternative. Valve banned useful tags such as Uplay and 30 FPS. Enhanced Steam warning are an option, but that dographic is likely more well informed than your average user anyways.

I think this was a creative way to get the word out.

It might be creative but it's obviously causing problems now. I think the half assed implementation of Steam curators is partly to blame. I can't begin to imagine why Valve removed the 30fps tag. It's the perfect way to get that information out.

Miguel81

Thanks for he answers! I'll probably buy it soon, hopefully no game breaking bugs ;p

Same. Currently playing through it, and it's running really well(AMD card here), though the beginning had me worried -- the Croc fight was glitchy(he was strated blinking like in some old platformer and the sound cut out).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom