• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
I have full tower case and most of my cables are tied to my desk (i did some kind of cable management) so i can't do that. I was thinking about streaming on my notebook but it didn't worked that well for W3 (smaller indie games are working ok but i don;t want to play them now).
Well then, that's why I don't have any management of my external cables! That's definitely the reason, I swear. It's not lazyness at all! I had planned it all along, because one never knows when it might have to be moved.

I'm lying ofcourse, I'm just too damn lazy, and have too many sodding cords.
Hah, really? That's awesome, thanks for the info.

There are very few things about the remaster that look better, and that's fog and a few other effects, but overall the original + the hi-res textures on Ultra looks better, and I've seen some decent shader mods for it that makes it even better looking, so I wouldn't at all be worried about not having the new one.
Correct. :)

From the MS FAQ:

Thanks for this. Hadn't seen their new FAQ, and it seems they've FINALLY clarified some of the stuff I've been wondering. I might do the free upgrade to W10 Home and then buy a Pro upgrade, depending on the improvements there... Does anyone know of a place where you can compare Home to Pro? I've not found anything yet, if such a site even exists yet.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Come on GAF, don't sleep out on this
header.jpg

Who needs Far Cry 4 when you can play as the most adorable and badass Elephant in gaming?
Who's making the OT btw?

No link, no buy

Deques

With Dishonored completely done, it's time to finally tackle another big backlog beast: Sleeping Dogs. Unfortunately, I got the old version and not the remastered one, but there's a high res texture pack in the dlc section and I'm downloading that.
Also finished the challenges?

Anteater

I have full tower case and most of my cables are tied to my desk (i did some kind of cable management) so i can't do that. I was thinking about streaming on my notebook but it didn't worked that well for W3 (smaller indie games are working ok but i don;t want to play them now).

I wish my cable management is as tidy as some of you, but I'm lazy..

Oh, I don't own an AC at all.

PunishedSnake
(Today, 12:19 AM)

wilflare

seems like it's been a long week for SteamGAF and real life
finally graduated on Monday after long five years!
and work starts tomorrow (Monday) too! -in an industry I could only dream of working in-

---
here's hoping I can finish Ori soon (and gonna start on NepNep!)

SSPssp

and work starts tomorrow (Monday) too! -in an industry I could only dream of working in-

---

Congratulations! Good luck at your new job!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Congratulations! That's a fantastic accomplishment.

Uzzy

---

Damn good stuff sir.

In other news, we have an EVO Moment! Celebrating too early never pays off.

Not worth it in the slightest... well, actually worth exactly in the slightest. Not worth the money. Save it for something where you'll see significantly more improvement. Either load times with an SSD or a GPU for much better value. i5 is perfect for gaming.
I agree. My Xeon E3 1230v2 is getting slaughtered by i5 4670Ks left and right in 3DMark benchmarks, clock speed is more important than extra threads.

Very much so. I've found a handful of zkylon's reviews to be really helpful, they've cemented my purchase several times. The same goes for RPS, TB, Jim Sterling, PCG, Giant Bomb and one for indie gems whose name elludes me atm.
But that's what neogaf is for!!

---

Congratulations! Hope you have fun at your job. :)

Played a bit of Spectra today (thanks again, Miguel81).The soundtrack in the game is pretty nice (it's by Chipzel who also did Super Hexagon, Size Does Matter, Interstellaria). Gameplay consists of collecting yellow cubes for points and avoiding obstacles on a twisting two lane track. I was playing with a controller and for some reason it was vibrating the whole time, lol. Haven't checked the settings in the game, if there are any, to turn it off yet. Overall, the game is pretty simple and easy to play so far.

Anyone else having issues buying anything? Visa and PayPal just throw errors, tried mobile website and the app, cant access my desktop right now.

Tizoc

Thanks

I think I'll wait for a bundle :p

Boo_This_Man.gif

How can you look down on a game where you play as Rambo inspired Elephant saving innocents and smashing up nazis?
Why do people like you make gaming so bleak and unworthy of the time and effort that goes into them? Why do you gladly drop $60 to pre-order broken on release PC games when you can get games that run fine day 1 for a 1/4 of that price?

Man, I thought the second half of the year wouldn't have much for me but now it's looking insane.
With Trails SC getting pushed back further and further and the announcements of Fallout 4, X-Com 2 and Trails of Cold Steel, combined with MGSV and Yakuza 5 (which was supposed to be Summer and still doesn't have a release date...) things are piling up at an alarming rate.
If Persona 5 does end up making it this year...
I still haven't finished TW3 lol...
With my wife getting on my case more and more because of gaming (even though I sometimes go for days without any time at all to play) and my lack of funds, I probably wont tackle half of those until next year.
My priorities will be both Trails games, Yakuza 5 and Persona. I'll support these franchises no matter what, I'm not kidding when I say that the announcements of SC and Yakuza 5 had me in tears and after all the begging I did I'll certainly put my money where my mouth is when the time comes.
Persona 5 is my most antecipated game so that's all that really needs to be said about it.

Momentary

Banned
Man I don't know if I can push myself through Neptunia Re-birth 2. It's the same game in terms of ex drive/special moves aesthetics and the story is so damn convoluted and doesn't follow anything that happened in the previous game. I'll probably make it through this week. It's not a good game and the only reason this got voted so high on Steam is pretty obvious.

Will still support the movement by purchasing HDNR3 and FFF in hopes that Gust will want a piece of pie and bring that Land with no Night game over. Hopefully NIS follows with Disgaea.

dex3108

Hmm i played a bit with In Home Streaming settings and i got it to work finally at acceptable rate with my old notebook (2.13 GHz Intel Core i3 Processor i3-330M, 4GB DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 320M).

Ignore resolution i didn't set up my TV.

Knurek

Paging Grief.exe

Hey guys Im the dev of DS4Windows, basically the case is that there was a local service on Windows 7 - 8.1 that made sure the System didn't grab every device the moment it connected. Now that it's missing, the system keeps the DS4 Controller (Wireless controller) visible and still active, and being the system, it notices the controller before DS4W can hide it.

It won't affect every game, just games that support dinput, such as Dark Souls 1, Distance, and pretty much every game made in Unity. Like I said on the site, I have no idea how to fix this yet, when Windows 10 officially comes out I'll look into this more, but having tried the build of WIndows 10 likely to be the official RTM build, it seems like it will remain to be a problem.

Also sorry for the lack of updates, I've been pretty busy. I'll will be (hopefully) try to add Chinese support and some new features soon, but being perfectly honest, if I or anyone can't find a way to hide the controller on Windows 10, I can't say I'll be supporting DS4W for much longer.

Chariot

Thats a pretty good game.
Indeed it is! Currently trying to give ExoSoul the game, but he isn't reacting. If he doesn't move soon I just raffle it away or something.

is this the same for all the DMC orders or does it change?
I don't know. I just saw that people were asking in the GMG sale thread the last few days what other people got for Mystery. I don't know if it's random, a pool or a set game.

The new Witcher patch seems to have broken a lot of things. Some quests, all achievements and a whole bunch of other things have gone haywire. I was pretty close to the end of the game but now I'm considering waiting for a hotfix (because some of this stuff has to be hotfixed).

Also acutely aware that Steam is the only platform where you can't roll back to a previous version of the game and just play it like it was.

dex3108

The new Witcher patch seems to have broken a lot of things. Some quests, all achievements and a whole bunch of other things have gone haywire. I was pretty close to the end of the game but now I'm considering waiting for a hotfix (because some of this stuff has to be hotfixed).

Also acutely aware that Steam is the only platform where you can't roll back to a previous version of the game and just play it like it was.

Yes but any save you did with newer version will be unusable.

Chariot

What is this? Parity with Arkham Knight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom