• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
0lLe5IZ.jpg

I need to get some games & reviews done this week.
Got nothing finished during EVO, will get even less writing in during SGDQ.

OH!

Inside this post is a link to a copy of Double Dragon Neon:

Where could it be I wonder...

played DA: Inquisition this weekend with the Origin trial thing...played well (I was worried it wouldn't run well for some reason)...saw the videos for Tembo and actually want to get it...ugh

having very little/no money sucks

I'm calling what ever animal protection watchdog you have over there as this is surely a case of Mouse Abuse!

On a more serious note dammnnnnn that's a lot of left clicking. Do you have SteelSeries Engine installed? What's your Lifetime Click Count up to to per button? Last time I check it was something like 1.3mil on the left and 58k on the right (fucking Diablo III for you) but my mouse looks nothing like that.
Where in Steelseries Engine can I view my click count? Also, the alcohol cotton swabs do bad things to the paint.

abracadaver

Don't need these:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (abracadaver, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dusty Revenge:Co-Op Edition -- MB-33B3B6738A276BEE - Taken by Hektor. 6 entrants total.
Will Fight for Food: Super Actual Sellout: Game of the Hour -- MB-9F2924E94E80B412 - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.
Stay Dead Evolution -- MB-8782F07DC42F749B - Taken by dave is ok. 2 entrants total.

t1437410617z1.png

Dr Dogg

Long shot question but does anyone here run a dedicated Physx card? Really tempted to pick up a 750Ti for pennies (well £80ish second hand) to iron out the kinks.

Where in Steelseries Engine can I view my click count? Also, the alcohol cotton swabs do bad things to the paint.

It does change slighty depending on what mouse you use but I've got a RAW and it's under the Statistics tab which is the 4th one on the end.

Not my pic but should be like for like.

Unfortunately it was already used, but no worries! At least now I know of this game's existence. It has a very good user score reviews on Steam, looks great visually as well. I'll definitely hit the trigger the next time it hits a sale.

Do it. The Swapper is great. Might want to ignore the achievements though, I'm fairly certain it's impossible to 100% without a guide.

Surely if we buy Tembo game freaks will get the message and bring pokemon to steam.

It's only logical.

Check out the Final Mouse.
Zowie, Logitech, Steel series are solid.

Stay away from Razer, the majority of their mice utilize trash-tier sensors and then you have their legendary QA to assess.

Will check them out, Thanks.

i'm going to roll with this new haircut

Why are you staring at that guys dick?

Pixel Fodder seems to just be Broforce

That's pretty shitty. They even have Robocop in there in addition to a Rambo.

Its has a health bar instead of one hit kills. Seems to be going for more of a survive the hordes thing than Broforce's Kill. Die. Repeat.

Still BroForce has years of polish and content updates behind it. And yeah the Broforce action movie theme its ripping off is lame.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Ooo, good feeling seems justified, there's some good horror games for ridiculously cheap prices on Monday Deals. Post a few in a bit.

derExperte

That last mission in Metal Slug 3. Longer than the rest of the game combined. But done.
On easy with unlimited lives.

And I might grab Halfway for 66% off.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Daily Bloons TD 5 75% off

I think this is the first time that Bloons has been on sale since it released on Steam. Very much worth $2.49 if you're a fan of tower defense games. I've played for 22 hours on Steam, and probably 50+ hours on my tablet.

Turfster

Back to bed (currently on sale in the weekly sale) is a fun little puzzler.
You can finish the "normal" worlds in about an hour, if you want to actually play your games =p

Broforce still has many bugs and annoyances that it has had since release.

3/4 of them are related to online multiplayer.

Yes but Broforce looked this this does initially. Gray textureless blocks. The pretty was added in later.

Also I like some of the bugs in Broforce. At least in singleplayer.

Maniac

Banned
That is the best haircut+beard style combo, I've been using it for awhile and it's simply the best.

I love the shaved on the sides, short on the top and a ponytail one. It's incredible and somewhat hipstery, I love it.

Although the elven rebel in the picture + that lil' mustache is a helluva combo... I may just have to try it out.

Uzzy

EVO may be over, but the hype rolls on.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Uzzy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Ultra Street Fighter 4 -- MB-D31FCD750B5562B3 - Taken by TheLight. 31 entrants total.

t1437423517z1.png

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
^He beat me to Dyad, so a few good deals if you don't have them in the pack:

header.jpg

Curse: The Eye of Isis - $0.74
Horror game from the PS2 era, a Resident Evil clone but not a bad one. Has heavy Egyptian themes, fixed camera angles, and all that sort of stuff. Good if you want to try more 'classic' era horror games.

header.jpg

Depths of Fear :: Knossos - $0.59
A horror rogue-like taking place in a stylized greek Minotaur Maze. where you must survive creatures from mythology and escape the maze. Been in a couple bundles but not for a while, and the cheapest price it's ever been sold.

header.jpg

Saviors - $0.19
Positive rated shmup with trading cards for super cheap. Sure.

header.jpg

Vox Populi Vox Dei 2 - $1.24
I've heard it's a hellish hard platform with a lot of personality. A bit weird, but with a unique atmosphere. Definite cheapest it's been.

header.jpg

An Octave Higher - $4.79
Cheapest it's ever been, I've heard this is a good visual novel that's best to go in knowing as little as possible.

---

A few I spotted.

I think this is the first time that Bloons has been on sale since it released on Steam. Very much worth $2.49 if you're a fan of tower defense games. I've played for 22 hours on Steam, and probably 50+ hours on my tablet.

I agree with the shacks. I've only played the mobile version, but it's quite competent.

Anteater

i'm not sure if it's placebo, the update, or the movement patch or whatever but 30fps feels so much better now in the witcher 3, game is pretty awesome now.

although i think they can still improve the movement further, some of the animations are unnecessary

Why are you staring at that guys dick?

I can't control what geralt stares at :0

Arthea

I see Dusk beat me to it, but I'll just repeat buy An Octave Higher and play it!

I kinda wish I waited for this great price

Maniac

Banned
Oh yeah. Well fuck that noise I'm rolling back to 2.8.

Hah. I know that feeling... I've loved most of the Razer products I've owned, and have never really had any trouble with the build quality, but the thing that's more or less cemented the fact that I'm going for another brand next time I need something: the fucking software.

Razer Synapse is a piece of shit that's full of feature-creep with little to no polish. It can't even save the settings to my Mamba's onboard memory, defeating the entire point. So I've uninstalled Synapse, run my BlackWidow without software and use the old Mamba Configurator, which is like 7 or 8 year old software at this point... Which works brilliantly.

Cloud stuff can go fist itself right in it's rectum.

Did they rip out the IAP stuff, or is that in the Steam release aswell?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I see Dusk beat me to it, but I'll just repeat buy An Octave Higher and play it!

I kinda wish I waited for this great price

I was about to post and say you were one of the ones championing An Octave Higher around the time it came out, but you beat me to it! It does look like a refreshing change of pace from the screenshots and subject matter.

Arthea

I was about to post and say you were one of the ones championing An Octave Higher around the time it came out, but you beat me to it! It does look like a refreshing change of pace from the screenshots and subject matter.

It is interesting, fresh, surprising and I can't say more without spoiling it, unfortunately

Red Hood

Banned
Do it. The Swapper is great. Might want to ignore the achievements though, I'm fairly certain it's impossible to 100% without a guide

I never look at the achievements during my first playthrough, so that's no problem. What kind of achievements are hard to get? Easily missed collectibles or "play for x hours". The former is okay, the latter is very frustrating.

Ventara

I never look at the achievements during my first playthrough, so that's no problem. What kind of achievements are hard to get? Easily missed collectibles or "play for x hours". The former is okay, the latter is very frustrating.

It's the former. Some There are only a few collectibles, but they're really hard to find. Btw, if you enjoy the theme behind the game, watch Chappie. It's a comedy/action movie, but it presents a similar theme near the end.

Dr Dogg

So randomly checking GAME's website (and totally not coveting a MGS V themed PS4 that I might just snap and preorder) and noticed a bit of a theme. All the Xbone preorders are about 10% than their PS4 counterparts. So a £55 PS4 game is £50 on The Bone, similarly a £100 Toy Tat Collectors Edition is £90 on the XO. Seems like an odd thing to do on preorders, released games sure as it can clear inventory but stuff that they don't have any stock yet is a bit odd.

"Anything for the +1"

Hey I might have got over my near 2 decade Football Manager addition but loot grinding games have cemented that desire in me to watch numbers go up. If I can't see how many mouse clicks I make I might have a existential crisis!

Hah. I know that feeling... I've loved most of the Razer products I've owned, and have never really had any trouble with the build quality, but the thing that's more or less cemented the fact that I'm going for another brand next time I need something: the fucking software.

Razer Synapse is a piece of shit that's full of feature-creep with little to no polish. It can't even save the settings to my Mamba's onboard memory, defeating the entire point. So I've uninstalled Synapse, run my BlackWidow without software and use the old Mamba Configurator, which is like 7 or 8 year old software at this point... Which works brilliantly.

Cloud stuff can go fist itself right in it's rectum.

I used to have a Death Adder Left Edition until it shat the bed not once but three times but yeah the software is a bit rubbish. Did have on board profiles which was cool but compared to the magic you can do with Logitech's SetPoint it's like Fisher Price's My First Gaming Mouse Software, I mean it's got enough garish colours going on too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom