• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

That's the one I was trying to remember the name of. I once played Tales for more than an hour and didn't get a single achievement. 100% might take a while at that rate.

yeah, those cheevos are plenty hard to come by, all of them, someone already posted about it several times in the steam thread.

edited: the day will come, when every game will be on PC, Jasec told me so.

Is there any Kb/M that we can all agree with here?

it wouldn't be a PC thread if there wasn't a ton of options and people having varying opinions on hardware :p

Personally, i roll with an Aerb Mini Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard with a mini touchpad because if i have to use a keyboard with my HTPC Gaming PC then i've failed. So i might as well use a bluetooth minikeyboard solely to get the job done.

Holding out hope that i can play the couple of non-controller games I'm interested in once the steam controller arrives, games like the torchlight series and Civ V

Ruruja

Most games are cheaper on Gamesplanet DE or FR than UK for me. Is there anything preventing me from buying games off the foreign sites?

Kaleinc

Banned
Pfft you should see the cheevos for One finger death punch.
Madness.

It's a full-fledged 2D beat em up with combo strings and a DmC style ranking system, there's plenty of gameplay to be had to make achievements of.

Beat the bosses, beat a certain number of an enemy type, find secrets, maintain the highest ranking for X amount of time, beat bosses on the hardest difficulty without getting hit etc.

Some of them do get pretty grindy (get X of pickup/currency Y), but I got 35 of the 102 trophies (the way achievements are tracked in-game, I think there's a bug affecting Steam achievements atm) on my first playthrough through the game on normal difficulty.
Bloodrayne betrayal is somewhat similar genre, has 12 achievements and as a result of regular playthrough I only got 1 - for clearing the game lol.

TrZYsIE.jpg
Incredible trailer and such good music! First I hear of this. Really intrigued. Wishlisted.
TPft. You sure?

3ENWaLd.png
Haha. Incredible!

Arthea

basically talk about what's best mouse (or even keyboard) is pointless, nobody can or tried them all or even big number of those to have a qualified opinion and if even someone did, their opinion might be totally irrelevant, remembering our controllers talk and people defending DS2-3 because they don't know better.

Maybe a little.

are absolutely positively sure about a little?

Maniac

Banned
Hahaha. Oh come on their products are you country's biggest export bar LEGO and Carlsberg (probably :p).

I still think they're terrible. At least, the ones I've had have been quite crap and broken incredibly fast... Then again, people complain about Razers build quality where I've been incredibly happy with them, so I'm not sure if that's luck on my part or bad luck on others behalf. Either way, I'm not a fan of Steelseries... I still remember how big a deal they made out of switching their Siberia headsets from mono to stereo. STEREO. >_<'

I like their soft mousemats, though. Their mice just feel awkward and the lasers they use have some drift and acceleration issues.

Also windmills may or may not be a bigger export. Maybe. :p
Gamesplanet started their summer sale.

Preach, brother.
Their keyboard build quality is a bad fucking joke.

Indeed.

I never thought the day would come where I agreed with The Claw, but I do fully agree, it's a joke at best. And the fact that they make a big deal out of their crap-ass home-brew membrane keyboards that supposedly 'feel like mechanical' (which they don't, they suck dong) is laughable.

The brands I'd mostly recommend would be Razer, Logitech, Roccat & Corsair, not necessarily in that order, though. (Keyboard wise Corsair would be at the very top, if you're speaking about general durability Logitech is king, whereas with mouse sensors Razer takes the trophy & so on)
Is there any Kb/M that we can all agree with here?

Hopefully we can agree that Corsairs RGB series of mechanical keyboards is king. Cause it totally is, and I want one.

BasilZero

I had to dig out the 360 controller...now I just feel dirty.

I'm still using mine!

I told you all, Atlus ain't gonna fall in love with PC gaming anytime soon.

Sadness to the maximum :(

I was hoping for a Odin Sphere HD remaster for PC since I already have the original on PS2 but I guess I'll get the PS4 version now. But dayum - I hope in the future we'll eventually see some games from Atlus - specifically Persona.

I've honestly no idea what it costs, but a Razer Deathadder is pretty great, atleast for my hand. But it really depends on the kind of grip you use, the size of your hand, your preferred weight, etcetera.

edit: SteelSeries is fucking trash. :>
Says SteelSeries is trash, then praises Razer despite shit quality control. lol jk

I love my Sensei Raw, but don't get the rubber surface version, the coating starts to peel off after some time. Other than that, it handles great.

Hektor

Why can't Yukka Leila release this year? Im in the mood for some good 3D jumping and running.

I told you all, Atlus ain't gonna fall in love with PC gaming anytime soon.

And everyone told us that we'll never get FFXIII, MGS or Valkyria Chronicles and yet here we are. There is no reason why things cant change.

Gamesplanet started their summer sale.

I just played and finished the first case of Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and punishments. Its pretty good so far, people who liked L.A Noir should consider buying it, especially for that price.

Help me, SteamGAF. I need a new mouse, preferably sub-$50.

I bought a Speedlink Decus a few months ago, after my beloved Logitech G500 suffered the widespread double click issue and am so far pretty happy with it. Its a pretty simplistic one tho without all the fancy stuff others have.

Maniac

Banned
Says SteelSeries is trash, then praises Razer despite shit quality control. lol jk

I love my Sensei Raw, but don't get the rubber surface version, the coating starts to peel off after some time. Other than that, it handles great.

I still don't understand why they even produce those. The coating wears off in a matter of weeks. >_<'

And well, yeah. They definitely do have some quality control issues on some products, but people like to grab their pitch forks and make a big deal out of everything. With the great deal of Razer products I've owned one would think I would've been subject to lacking build quality many times, which I haven't. In the few cases I've been unlucky or the one time where I managed to fling a mouse across the room, their customer support has been excellent in helping me get a new one.

Protip: Don't keep a wireless mamba in your hand when you're cheering, that shit is aerodynamic.

edit: Also I really, really don't like SteelSeries' lasers, they're... Bleh. Although if I was left handed instead of ambidextrous, I'm quite sure I'd love the design of SteelSeries' mice, since they're basically all ambidextrous in design.
Surprised not seeing anyone recommending logitech.

I've had both steel series and razor mouse but logitech has been the most comfortable and good in features of all of them.

Also stuck on a zoo so my Internet sucks right now, so can anyone tell me why I'm supposed to look forward to cradle for?

It looks gorgeous and weird.

And I'd totally recommend Logitech, I just haven't had any of their stuff in a little while so I don't have any kind of specific recommendations in regards to them.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

I've had both steel series and razor mouse but logitech has been the most comfortable and good in features of all of them.

Also stuck on a zoo so my Internet sucks right now, so can anyone tell me why I'm supposed to look forward to cradle for?

dex3108

Well there won't be Logitech anymore. They are changing their name to Logi :D

gar3

I'm fairly certain The Swapper hasn't been redeemed but my sincerest apologies if it is otherwise.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Swapper -- MB-1B3A368C2E512D53 - Taken by Red Hood
Two Brothers -- MB-C22BFB39B8F19B9D - Taken by Eila

Sarcasm

With all this rocket league talk I check my friend list. Only one person has it so I don't think I would/will get it since no friends to pay it with.

Not doing that randoms thing if possible at all in this game.

Nabs

I just saw a Two Brothers giveaway, and this reminds me...where the hell is Chromophore?
I'm waiting literally from AGES now to play Two Brothers, because it's an unplayable mess of bugs. Last year a Chromophore trailer appeared during E3, another year passed and nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoTnIn9FJQE

They're also working on YIIK. I wouldn't expect anything for a while.

edit: Beta this month? http://steamcommunity.com/games/259760/announcements/detail/127571379002775697

fantomena

And everyone told us that we'll never get FFXIII, MGS or Valkyria Chronicles and yet here we are. There is no reason why things cant change.

Big difference betweent those games and Odin Sphere HD is Atlus. Atlus main focus is in Japan. PC gaming is non-existent in Japan.

izJCCaQ.jpg

My cheapish mouse is literally falling apart less than a year after purchase.
One of the side buttons just randomly fell inside the mouse. Best thing, I never used it! Even better, there's no way to open the damn thing.
The far end of the cable has some connection issues at the USB port. Wringing it a bit causes loss of connection.
Probably gonna make use of warranty and get a new one.

Arthea

Big difference betweent those games and Odin Sphere HD is Atlus. Atlus main focus is in Japan. PC gaming is non-existent in Japan.

IDK why you keep insisting on this, most Japanese devs main focus is Japan, it doesn't stop them from releasing games in the west or on PC, at least not anymore.
Most of Atlus games are localized, and unless you are insisting that they translate games for Japanese talking in languages, they are interested in the west audience as well.

I just hope they don't simplify the game to Bloodborne levels.

I'm not sure you want to open this particular can of worms, hopefully nobody visits community as we think.

fantomena

IDK why you keep insisting on this, most Japanese devs main focus is Japan, it doesn't stop them from releasing games in the west or on PC, at least not anymore.
Most of Atlus games are localized, and unless you are insisting that they translate games for Japanese talking in languages, they are interested in the west audience as well.

Sure, but Im not gonna get my hopes up. Kagari has already stated Sony is pushing extremely hard for exclusivity in Japan.

Liking how some of it sounds!
That increased fluidity is mirrored in the weapon set as well; we find a scimitar on a corpse later in the demo that is, in fact, a pair, and when dual-wielding them, the protagonist strikes with a level of grace and speed unmatched in previous Souls games. They can also be deployed in a spin attack, a tornado of flashing steel that, when properly timed to account for its wind-up animation and correctly spaced to allow for the step forward at the start, can clear a four-strong mob of enemies.
Especially the part where striking with unmatched grace and speed. Dual wielding should be rewarding this time.

This all sounds like something we knew already, and none of it really sounds all that Bloodborney to me. Souls has always been pretty fast and agile, if you spec that direction. Not Bloodborne dash fast, but pretty fast.

I haven't played Bloodborne, but I never thought DS felt slow and clunky unless you were equipped slow and clunky. I mean, if you are wearing heavy armor and wielding an Ultra GS, yeah...you aren't moving as fast as if you were naked.

I hope they don't change TOO much.

Parsnip

I haven't played Bloodborne, but I never thought DS felt slow and clunky unless you were equipped slow and clunky. I mean, if you are wearing heavy armor and wielding an Ultra GS, yeah...you aren't moving as fast as if you were naked.

I hope they don't change TOO much.

Reading that little bit it seems like they are just writing based on the hands-off E3 demo. Gamescom can't come soon enough.

iosefe

With all this rocket league talk I check my friend list. Only one person has it so I don't think I would/will get it since no friends to pay it with.

Not doing that randoms thing if possible at all in this game.
I assume that person is me

If you are worried about randoms, just head to the RL OT and add people, party up to play

izJCCaQ.jpg

My cheapish mouse is literally falling apart less than a year after purchase.
One of the side buttons just randomly fell inside the mouse. Best thing, I never used it! Even better, there's no way to open the damn thing.
The far end of the cable has some connection issues at the USB port. Wringing it a bit causes loss of connection.
Probably gonna make use of warranty and get a new one.

It's like a zombie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom