• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

GetGames Codemasters week

Bundlestars Cryptic 2 bundle
Price: 2.24€
  • Weird Park Trilogy
  • The Emptiness Deluxe
  • Haunted Past: Realm of Ghosts
  • Princess Isabella
  • Escape the Lost Kingdom: The Forgotten Pharaoh
  • Culpa Innata
  • Dreamscapes - The Sandman - Premium
  • Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines - Premium

Red Hood

Banned
I'm fairly certain The Swapper hasn't been redeemed but my sincerest apologies if it is otherwise.

Unfortunately it was already used, but no worries! At least now I know of this game's existence. It has a very good user score reviews on Steam, looks great visually as well. I'll definitely hit the trigger the next time it hits a sale.

Vlad

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vlad, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Will Fight For Food:Super Actual Sellout: Game of the Hour -- MB-E54C2817E2A01C57 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 6 entrants total.
Stay Dead Evolution -- MB-4C0422F5C6D13FD6 - Taken by Saty. 6 entrants total.

t1437414996z1.png

Grief.exe

Uhu. Well, if those screenshots released are trustworthy, they recycled a LOT of elements like ui and stuff, since DS3 looked way too similar to Bloodborne. Now it seems they are recycling gameplay elements too...this seems a case similar to DS2 where From recycled the hell out from DS1.

From has managed to be consistently profitable despite appealing to a relatively niche demographic.

They don't have access to multiple studios and thousands of developers like Ubisoft does. And I actually prefer it that way, I would accept some recycled animations and assets for a well designed game.
These shallow, mainstream games that require as wide a demographic as possible are just so easy to poke holes in from a game design perspective. Not to mention they rarely appeal to me personally.

Help me, SteamGAF. I need a new mouse, preferably sub-$50.

Check out the Final Mouse.
Zowie, Logitech, Steel series are solid.

Stay away from Razer, the majority of their mice utilize trash-tier sensors and then you have their legendary QA to assess.

I told you all, Atlus ain't gonna fall in love with PC gaming anytime soon.

Your main argument is inherently fallacious. Continually assuming the market will stay the same despite vastly changing market conditions. Especially in Japan.

At the enr of the day, Vanillaware is going to target what they know and what they have the budget for. This does not preclude a later port and its worthy of speculation.

I'd argue that it's fundamentally one of the worst jokes a person can attempt about the trans community. You are literally turning their belief into a farce; that their self-identity is as valid as your purposely absurd analogy.

If it is low on the totem pole it's because it's the foundation of abuse.

Oh I see. It merely seems like a meaningless jab, but in reality it calls into question their entire existence.

Parsnip

• Weird Park Trilogy
  • The Emptiness Deluxe
  • Princess Isabella
  • Culpa Innata

Two bundles of which I didn't own a single game?
Nice.

Buraindo

This all sounds like something we knew already, and none of it really sounds all that Bloodborney to me. Souls has always been pretty fast and agile, if you spec that direction. Not Bloodborne dash fast, but pretty fast.

I'm much more interested to hear from any and all Souls streamers when Bamco gives them hands'on time at Gamescom.

Yeah I thought it sounded familiar.
I agree on the fast part, curved swords in particular excelled in that department so really not that surprised to hear that that's still a thing. I don't see it taking too much from Bloodborne though.
Sounds pretty good to me and I'm looking forward to see some gameplay footage in two weeks or so.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
ModBot 3 said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (lashman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-D2E6F9EFEC640F1A - Taken by texhnolyze
Undead Shadows -- MB-DCD4F2A828516710 - Taken by SSPssp
Not without my donuts -- MB-C796C4DA501F47F2 - Taken by Benedict
Predator Simulator -- MB-C40EB5044B6730B5 - Taken by r3n4ud
Tompi Jones -- MB-DAAACF097BC4F35C - Taken by xGreg

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-911A2FE8FF89838D - Taken by Mixed2k

Grief.exe

Worthy of speculation... in other words: port begging.

Port begging is defined as going into an existing platform thread and disrupting ongoing discussion by pushing for ports.

Speculation on future market conditions and potential ports is extremely relevant, both, to this platform and the thread.

I've been asking since November.. Apparently I'm not worthy.

Sorry about that. Haven't drawn properly in a long time and start up again recently. Same details or do you want something new?

• Weird Park Trilogy
  • The Emptiness Deluxe
  • Princess Isabella
  • Culpa Innata

Nice, don't own most of it. IG bundle as well.

r3n4ud

ModBot said:
I am giving away 20 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Pier Solar -- MB-62B44A91763F2CEB - Taken by salazar547
Storm United -- MB-C671766FD8CB7784 - Taken by dirtywhirlwind
ibb & obb - Best Friends Forever Double Pack -- MB-CC5E4946140EA5A0 - Taken by GaussTek
Double Dragon Neon -- MB-3D67D2082FF3C6EC - Taken by Baron von Loathsome
in Space -- MB-0A5260EBFBF183A6 - Taken by Purkake4
Monument Builders Alcatraz -- MB-33923A53AD06D1FE
The 39 Steps -- MB-BDE2DD15CBC91EA5 - Taken by Vuze
The Adventures of Tree -- MB-65E142C6DB8B8033 - Taken by Mikurden
Strata -- MB-D9C52FF56E32CB69 - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe
Skulls of the Shogun -- MB-BFD87F7CC7D6EA79 - Taken by Anteater
Trash TV -- MB-0569D3B3B79AB532 - Taken by maty
Bloop -- MB-097420812F76C5D1 - Taken by MaxiLive
Grey Cubes -- MB-68876C681B31BE2A - Taken by madjoki
Glorkian Warrior: The Trials Of Glork -- MB-B1FBE8ADB5AB1A3F - Taken by Newblade
Double Dragon Trilogy -- MB-8781512E12DE079D - Taken by TheAutomator
Dusty Revenge: Coop Edition -- MB-4AD4F879AB5553DC - Taken by Bayonetta
Shadowgate (2014) -- MB-C11563817FC799BE - Taken by gimel
12 Labours of Hercules -- MB-FE7A3AAB3936A618 - Taken by darkchewie
Escape Machines -- MB-488D5D105E25BD3C - Taken by Terra_Ex
The Music Machine -- MB-474D43BDAE5A12FA - Taken by Teppic

I did a mission in Hitman Contacts yesterday that genuinely left me impressed. I had to kill an asshole on a ship that had access to a nuke. Problem was that a SWAT team was also going after him at the same time and while my contract read that he was to be killed the SWAT team had all the intentions in the world of bringing him in alive.

So, I ended up putting a GPS tracker on the car holding the nuke so that when the bomb arrives onto the boat that this jerk was on I would know where to find it. Once i was on the boat, i located the nuke and disarmed it.

Now, as I was arriving to the boat this dude had announced to everyone that if anyone shoots him he'll set off the detonator and nuke us all to hell and back. So I had already accounted for that issue with the bomb having been disabled. I killed some SWAT duders who got in my way and stole their gear and I finally approached him. Pulled out my silenced pistol, popped him in his head. But now, i had to get the hell out of here and I was surrounded by enemies everywhere. So I tried something that I thought for sure wouldn't work: I grabbed the detonator off of my target and held it in my hand for all to see. I figured, I was the only person on the boat that knew the bomb had been defused, if i walk around with this thing in my hand people should back off.

And sure enough, everyone freaked out when they saw I had the detonator in my hand and let me walk right on by, all the way to my escape.

So yeah, even though i end up going rambo 70% of the time in this game, the moments where you could leverage the things around you to outsmart the game are really well done.

Chariot

I did a mission in Hitman Contacts yesterday that genuinely left me impressed. I had to kill an asshole on a ship that had access to a nuke. Problem was that a SWAT team was also going after him at the same time and while my contract read that he was to be killed the SWAT team had all the intentions in the world of bringing him in alive.

So, I ended up putting a GPS tracker on the car holding the nuke so that when the bomb arrives onto the boat that this jerk was on I would know where to find it. Once i was on the boat, i located the nuke and disarmed it.

Now, as I was arriving to the boat this dude had announced to everyone that if anyone shoots him he'll set off the detonator and nuke us all to hell and back. So I had already accounted for that issue with the bomb having been disabled. I killed some SWAT duders who got in my way and stole their gear and I finally approached him. Pulled out my silenced pistol, popped him in his head. But now, i had to get the hell out of here and I was surrounded by enemies everywhere. So I tried something that I thought for sure wouldn't work: I grabbed the detonator off of my target and held it in my hand for all to see. I figured, I was the only person on the boat that knew the bomb had been defused, if i walk around with this thing in my hand people should back off.

And sure enough, everyone freaked out when they saw I had the detonator in my hand and let me walk right on by, all the way to my escape.

So yeah, even though i end up going rambo 70% of the time in this game, the moments where you could leverage the things around you to outsmart the game are really well done.
Holy crap, that sounds amazing! Really need to play some of the Hitman games in my library >_<

derExperte

No time for GAF, gotta finish them games. Last few days: Ballpoint Universe (okay), rain (PS3, okay), Saints Row: Gat out of Hell (meh), Rollers of the Realm (good), Lara Croft Osiris (good but much worse than the first one), You Must Build A Boat (good but too grindy), Geometry Wars 3 (motherfucking excellent), Rogue Legacy (good but much too grindy) and Tales from the Borderlands e3 (good). Finally 45% avg. completion rate and this train ain't stopping.

Holy crap, that sounds amazing! Really need to play some of the Hitman games in my library >_<

I haven't played Blood Money (only Hitman 2 and now Contracts for the first time) but i hear that it's the best of the games. H2 and HC are both good games but they're definitely showing their age mechanics-wise and visually, too. I don't mind the PS2-esque visuals but i can see where the crudeness of its graphics might turn some off.

No time for GAF, gotta finish them games. Last few days: Ballpoint Universe (okay), rain (PS3, okay), Saints Row: Gat out of Hell (meh), Rollers of the Realm (good), Lara Croft Osiris (good but much worse than the first one), You Must Build A Boat (good but too grindy), Geometry Wars 3 (motherfucking excellent), Rogue Legacy (good but much too grindy) and Tales from the Borderlands e3 (good). Finally 45% avg. completion rate and this train ain't stopping.

I hear ya. I'm actually passing on the cheap Double Dragon Neon right now because I've gone back to my good old backlog rule of finish 2 games if you wanna buy one. Makes me really consider my purchases when i know that I need to play 2 games to justify them

That's great man. Short and to the point impressions, hah.
I need to get out of slump.

iosefe

How much does your enjoyment rely on knowing the people you play it with?

a bit. odds are you'll be more in sync with someone you know than a random. less odds of miscommunication, plus you can plan things out ahead of time

3v3 inhouse games are great, but so is taking you and 2 gaffers onto queue, do doing Duo ranked with someone you trust

Vlad

Yeah, I felt much the same way about 100000000000000 or whatever it's called. Neat idea, but it always felt like the odds were stacked against me, and no matter how good I got at the match-3 stuff, the upgrades were 100% essential for my progress.

That's what I really liked about Rogue Legacy, actually. While there's a similar amount of grind there, the game really does feel like if you're good enough, you can still make progress.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I hear ya. I'm actually passing on the cheap Double Dragon Neon right now because I've gone back to my good old backlog rule of finish 2 games if you wanna buy one. Makes me really consider my purchases when i know that I need to play 2 games to justify them

Yeah, I currently have a self-imposed rule where I don't buy anything new until most of my backlog is cleared. After a few sales I just got too many games unplayed. I sat out the last few sales, was glad I showed some restraint. After Sleeping Dogs I still have about 4 games planned before I feel comfortable buying stuff again. I just don't feel comfortable with too many games I haven't played.

Started Sleeping Dogs, it's fun. Refreshing to have this type of open world game with an actual decent melee combat system. I love the environment takedowns.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Your game is going on sale? :p

Noo, shhh, I have decided to keep it free anyways.

Just a feeling literally based on nothing. But if it's a feeling for me, then that likely means one or two good horror deals. Or some super niche thing.

Get ready for the worst Monday deals ever.

Yeah, I felt much the same way about 100000000000000 or whatever it's called. Neat idea, but it always felt like the odds were stacked against me, and no matter how good I got at the match-3 stuff, the upgrades were 100% essential for my progress.

That's what I really liked about Rogue Legacy, actually. While there's a similar amount of grind there, the game really does feel like if you're good enough, you can still make progress.

Watch a speed run of Rogue Legacy if you need proof of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGaZElN2kVc

That is the best haircut+beard style combo, I've been using it for awhile and it's simply the best.

Geralt of Rivia is not a corporate shill.

Turfster

TRIP is an interesting idea, but jesus, the implementation is really "my first Unity project and I just threw random stuff together"

Dr Dogg

I'm calling what ever animal protection watchdog you have over there as this is surely a case of Mouse Abuse!

On a more serious note dammnnnnn that's a lot of left clicking. Do you have SteelSeries Engine installed? What's your Lifetime Click Count up to to per button? Last time I check it was something like 1.3mil on the left and 58k on the right (fucking Diablo III for you) but my mouse looks nothing like that.

i'm going to roll with this new haircut

Is that dude coving his junk as Gerald is trying to have a peek? Not that it matters with Witcher Sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom