• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

I can not figure out what reaction this reaction gif even tries to epxress.
it's simple

laugh3y6u3p.gif

Arthea

I'm very tempted to go for $12 tier (what I shouldn't be doing so soon after summer sale) ladies. Can someone kindly talk me out of this? Anybody here played both games?

Hektor

No. If you buy something on day one, you're expecting to pay full price.

Its not about it beeing cheaper, thats normal.
But the people who buy it now get it for 2 devices while the people who bought it day 1 are still only able to play it on one and are forced to buy a second copy if they wanted to play this game on android too. That doesnt feel right imho.

Arthea

Both will be in cheaper tiers soon(tm).

but you see... we still need to prove that female protagonists sell, don't we?

you have a point, tho

But the people who buy it now get it for 2 devices while the people who bought it day 1 are still only able to play it on one and are forced to buy a second copy if they wanted to play this game on android too. That doesnt feel right imho.

I agree with you here that they could offer mobile version for those that bought PC version day one, if they want one.

Kind of glad there is nothing for July. I have a lot to catch up on in the what feels like a month of missing games.

It's either Yatagratsu or Battle Fantasia for me next week.

Both are on the same day. I would only choose one but, I gotta wait for word on the netcode for both anyway and I don't like buying games the second they come out either.

I need to cut back on fighting games in all honesty. Probably Yatagartsu as I still haven't played that and Battle Fantasia I have.

Kaleinc

Banned
Never preorder, never buy day 1, never pay more than 5 bucks for a computer game :p

chronomac

With any other game, you'd be "forced" to buy the game again on a different platform. Here they're just incentivizing people to play it on Android since it has a super-duper high piracy rate.

Just find a friend who wants a PC copy and split the price. Then they get the game for 75% off and you get a mobile copy for the price of a damn happy meal.

Haunted

why?

All of these things are part of the downside to being part of the zeitgeist/launch event and buy a game day 1.

Hektor

why?

All of these things are part of the downside to being part of the zeitgeist/launch event and buy a game day 1.

I dunno, hard to put it in words. Feels like a game that shipped without MP and requires you to purchase a new copy if you wanna play that.

But maybe its just the heat that makes me unable to think properly.

MUnited83

For you.
Hm, I hope gmg or nuuvem have a good price for Zestiria, those are some nice bonuses, I've never played Symphonia (or Zestiria for that matter) and the Alysha dlc seems to be pretty much mandatory to get the full experience. Also some skins in there. Artes as dlc/pre-order incentives is fucking ridiculous.
One day we'll see pay to unlock level caps in single player rpgs. Or FF games with the tier 3 spells (Firaga, Blizzaga, etc) behind pay walls.
GMG and Nuuvem won't have the tiered bonuses.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

BUT TO PAINT A UNIVERSE -- MB-B5AE5BFDF30D830B
Vertical Drop Heroes HD -- MB-2073458A73BC8526 - Taken by Madn

XShagrath

So for whatever reason, it looks like I'm on the Modbot blacklist. I tried to grab one of Dusk Golem's games from his giveaway thread, and didn't get a message.

How do I get myself off the list if so? I don't feel I've been abusive to the system.

rtcn63

Have you won any other giveaways this week? Could simply be throttle. Other times, someone just beat you the punch. It happens.

On rare occasion, mik got to it.

XShagrath

Have you won any other giveaways this week? Could simply be throttle. Other times, someone just beat you the punch. It happens.

On rare occasion, mik got to it.
Last game I won was on 6/22. Maybe Modbot's not doing his job in that thread correctly. It doesn't seem like many of the codes are taken. So maybe I'm not a horrible person after all.

Kuroyume

Banned
Last game I won was on 6/22. Maybe Modbot's not doing his job in that thread correctly. It doesn't seem like many of the codes are taken. So maybe I'm not a horrible person after all.

May be because modbot is back up/busy dispensing codes. That's a lot of codes and a ton of people are probably entering for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom