• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Also, KOTORII is written by this dreamy man. How can anyone not love it.

Because it's boring and rushed and cut to pieces.

At least KotOR's plot isn't completely butchered nor am I nagged--no wait I was nagged in both. Fuck Kreia and what's her face Jedi in the first.

TheSeks

I downloaded Card Hunter but, haven't played it yet is it fun?

It's fun, but expect it to be more D&D than SRPG or Card Game. Cards/decks being tied to your equipment on your character kinda kills the card game aspect cold.

zkylon

zkylewd
at least i still have "i wish u were my dad" tim cain and "i want to forever listen to you talk about things" jesawyer left

TheSeks

I know a lot of people won't care, but: This is blowing my mind. An 18-19(?) year old kid is outdoing DayZ in terms of support and redoing shit.

He just moved the engine from whatever to Unity (not a fan of that engine but if it works) and overhauled things while redoing achievements (no more multiplayer stuff it seems? Yay for me and my solo surviving) and adding mod/Steam workshop support.

I'm pretty impressed.

Now if only DayZ would allow offline/singleplayer play and redo the zombies to where they're the STAR of the game. *cough cough cough*

Omega

Banned
the whole point of a survival game is the interaction with other humans, kind of like how real life would be if there was a zombie apocalypse.

Stop being so afraid of other humans

TheSeks

fuck people tho

This. And DayZ advertised itself as a "zombie survival simulator." Too bad the zombies are schizophrenic and terrible. Fighting other players is fine (not my cup of tea and I really REALLY wish they'd allow offline so I wouldn't have to hunt for low pop/empty servers) but the zombies being terrible killed DayZ and it's ilk. At this point DayZ should just drop the zombies and rename itself "Arma II PvP" if they aren't going to attempt to fix the damn zombies before their "new features" like pissing/shitting. :/

Unturned's zombies at least don't clip through shit and actually are semi-functional enough to be enjoyable.

I'm in need of some asynchronous multiplayer games on Steam that are not simple iOS word game ports or card games. Any suggestions other than Frozen Synapse?

Frozen Cortex. ( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

I know a lot of people won't care, but: This is blowing my mind. An 18-19(?) year old kid is outdoing DayZ in terms of support and redoing shit.

He just moved the engine from whatever to Unity (not a fan of that engine but if it works) and overhauled things while redoing achievements (no more multiplayer stuff it seems? Yay for me and my solo surviving) and adding mod/Steam workshop support.

I'm pretty impressed.

Now if only DayZ would allow offline/singleplayer play and redo the zombies to where they're the STAR of the game. *cough cough cough*
they confirmed offline play in the pc gaming show last month.

Wok

Yeah, that sucks.

The same thing happend to me after the 2nd area, I realized I couldn't go back to get the 1% I was missing in the tree so I started a new game.

But since I was familiar with the map I got through most of the game really fast.

whuuuaaaaaaaaaat

well, in a way thanks for telling me this cause now I guess I won't bother with collectables

talk about bullshit

I agree it's bullshit but if you go in knowing this it's not that bad.

There are only 4 sections (one being the last part) of the game where you need to take your time to explore everything before you beat them or you won't get 100%, these sections are:
Ginso Tree, Misty Woods, Forlorn Ruins, and Mount Horu (the point of no return)

If you are going for all achievements you'll to play the game at least 3 times so if you missed something the 1st time you could get it the 2nd time around.

True, but in my case, I have already done all the backtracking for all the other levels. I wanted to do this before entering the last part, for which the game warned me there was no possible return.

I hope for a patch to fix this.

Tektonic

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tektonic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Air Guardians -- MB-E219ADD3C1B7B667 - Taken by TheMadMan007
Double Dragon Trilogy -- MB-09833D10F676CCF3 - Taken by Deques
Infect & Destroy -- MB-06581A53ACA7E59F - Taken by redlacs
Aveyond: Lord of Twilight -- MB-AF4BE9FF36265D11 - Taken by titch
RPG Maker: VX Ace Deluxe -- MB-58023BC913675EB1 - Taken by bobnowhere
Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION -- MB-3611CDC7891F8D3F - Taken by Purkake4
Stay Dead Evolution -- MB-53725A4FC93D0692 - Taken by corrosivefrost

True, but in my case, I have already done all the backtracking for all the other levels. I wanted to do this before entering the last part, for which the game warned me there was no possible return.

I hope for a patch to fix this.

They won't patch it.
The most you get is the ability to revert 5 checkpoints back into your saves. And even that was patched in.

It's really bad design for a -vania type action platformer. :\

Anteater

I kind of take all games coming to PC as a win, but I haven't looked into this one at all. Is it terrible?

It doesn't look that good from videos but the last time I looked it seems to have gotten better, but it doesn't look like it'll be ninja gaiden tier game but a pretty low budget mash up of simple tps and hack and slash. That said it could still be mindless fun and might be something else I'm missing, I'm willing to give it a try.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tektonic, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Air Guardians -- MB-E219ADD3C1B7B667 - Taken by TheMadMan007
Double Dragon Trilogy -- MB-09833D10F676CCF3 - Taken by Deques
Infect & Destroy -- MB-06581A53ACA7E59F - Taken by redlacs
Aveyond: Lord of Twilight -- MB-AF4BE9FF36265D11 - Taken by titch
RPG Maker: VX Ace Deluxe -- MB-58023BC913675EB1 - Taken by bobnowhere
Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION -- MB-3611CDC7891F8D3F - Taken by Purkake4
Stay Dead Evolution -- MB-53725A4FC93D0692 - Taken by corrosivefrost

Thanks for the thought, but Steam says the Stay Dead Evolution key was already used.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

Tizoc

Everyday I hope lashman posts a steam page link to Garou MotW, I'm just hoping SNK are putting in a lot more effort into this compared to this previous releases.

Arthea

It lives. My parents agreed -- well, insisted -- that we split the cost of a replacement PSU given the likelihood that my nephews stuffed it up. That's a ~$250 hit from my tax return, but:

Your parents seem to be too good for you!

gasp, slowing down on purchasing steam games? Can you even do that?

meanwhile on greenlight:

as I see Ozzie is back, I can't skip posting this

yet another kickstarter VN with a twist
it's hybrid between VN and RPG, we had several of this kind before already, for example Magical Diary.

Dr Dogg

Stupid shit of the day, better not become common practice.

Anyone buying a K1ngpin card to play games on is fucking crazy. It's a benchers card like ASUS's Matrix cards with more features geared towards LN2 cooling which the price reflects. Also ASIC quality does not, has not and will never indicate overclocking ability of a GPU (I mean half the chips in a PC are an ASIC these days). Lower quality means more volts which is perfect for sub zero cooling (50-60%) as you need to get some heat in your card to stop it conking out where as those air cooling want 80%+ with water cooling peeps somewhere in the middle but you still are subject to the silicon lottery regards to what clocks you achieve and that is completely separate from ASIC quality. It does effect GPU Boost 2.0 (so 700 series Kepler cards and up) where the higher the quality the higher the boost clock but you can still get an unstable clock due to having a chip that was way out of the outside of the wafer.

Christ even factory overclocked cards can be unstable and no cards are cherry picked for clocks short of EVGA's K1ngpin cards and Galax HOF cards (even ASUS' Matrix cards are a lottery regards to what you get). So those buying Super Clocked, FTW, even Super Super Clocked, FTW+ and Classified EVGA cards all you're getting over the standard card overclocking wise is a bios flash with slightly higher clocks and no guarantees it will clock better than a cheaper bog standard card. Obviously some with have different power regulation and cooling but regards to the die itself you could still end up with a pig.

Oh my god, guys you need to check out the minion Facebook pic thread on OT XD.

The plague trend will end soon and there will be a new fad that mid 40's adults will latch on to.

For those curious.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1082257

Caerith

Looks like the KOTOR II achievements require playing through twice, since lots of them are mutually exclusive (full light side, full dark side, various choices on the way there).

Guess I'd best find ~120 hours somewhere.

L.O.R.D

it appear they fixed the error at the ram Requirements in Tembo
http://store.steampowered.com/app/341870/

it was 15 GB , now its 2 GB

speaking about tempo , someone said the forbidden word

JEZ4Etj.jpg

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/623315218362294272

now pikachu is pissed

2517082-pika_rage.jpg

"OH NO THEY DIDN'T SAY THAT !"

Arthea

you guys totally should play Sword of Asumi, I don't think you can encounter constantly blushing hardcore assassin anywhere else.
On more serious note, I haven't decided yet it's so bad, it is good or just bad, although I must admit I kinda like the plot.

Looks like the KOTOR II achievements require playing through twice, since lots of them are mutually exclusive (full light side, full dark side, various choices on the way there).

Guess I'd best find ~120 hours somewhere.

at this point, does it really make any difference 120 hours more or less are needed?

edited: Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey Remastered is not going to be free for previous owners and won't replace the old game, am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom