• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Ah. That is something I've been wanting to do as well. I probably will before the new one comes out next year. I want to replay it with female Shepard this time around.

I don't think I could play as anything else than a FemShep.
<3 Jennifer Hale <3

cyba89

I can't put my finger on why but Battleblock Theater is boring despite lots of action going on. Maybe I should find someone to play with. Anyone interested later today or tomorrow?

I only played that game for the really good cutscenes. Gameplay didn't do much for me, even in coop.

for anyone that's played Far Cry 4 with an AMD card recently...how does it play since all of the patches and such?

I've seen where the performance wasn't great at launch for AMD users so I'm just curious if that's improved since patches and drivers have been released since then. It's one of those games I'll look at getting when it's cheap again at some point.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I've been putting a bit of work into Enhanced Steam lately, and I've been (mostly) ignoring the inane support requests and hate mail and have been trying to put together some new features. I was fixing something else when I realized that I could probably get this feature working again: add to cart!

zpz9x8v.png

Which probably looks a bit different, considering it was removed before the "blue" store update went live and was actually removed on Oct 3rd, 2014. Regardless, it's working again now and it's something I've really missed!

The downside is that this will only work on wishlists with 200 or fewer items, due to Valve's API limitations.

Asgaro

im12andwhatisthis.jpg
6 years after win7 and that's it, a Windows Phone on your desktop?

Yeah... I personally don't like the 90 degree corners all over the place.
Are we back in the '90s with Windows 95? what_year_is_it.meme

I would be fine with a Material Design OS like Android Lollipop provides.
Hell, even an iOS layout I could live with.

I wish MS would allow theming out-of-the-box with decent support, so we can customize the OS as much as we can Android.
My current homescreen:
(Still finetuning. Probably gonna remove all the icons to have it truly clean.)

Lain

CyberLink PowerDVD 15 Ultra: http://store.steampowered.com/app/338600

I am honestly surprised that they are making this software still. I never remember it working when it came for free with my pre-built pcs or disk drives.

Isn't it the only way (or, well, one of the few ways?) to watch BRDs on PC? The free copy I got with my BRD drive worked fine for a bit, then it came time to upgrade and it strangely stopped working even with movies I was able to watch before. How strange.

L.O.R.D

CyberLink PowerDVD 15 Ultra: http://store.steampowered.com/app/338600

I am honestly surprised that they are making this software still. I never remember it working when it came for free with my pre-built pcs or disk drives.

ummm,,,what ?

i mean cool , but there is VLC and KMP and many many player in the internet for free
also , is that standalone program or have steam DRM all the time ?

i remember when i bought my laptop , it was bundled with powerDVD 13 ( i think )
i had to delete it because it was too bad and causing errors to my PC

Eh, I'm not really a big fan of TOB either. It was just... boring, mostly.
Also,
it doesn't really get better, culminating in another horrible boss fight

The boss fight in TOB was a million times better than the schlock that was the final boss in TNO; and the introduction of the new enemy types makes gameplay/strategy much different after the midway point. But then again, if you play on normal, this doesn't really matter in the end, as you can just tank through everything.

Well, we're both in the US, so that's a start. State?

Probably after the SFV beta or something. I have to stop the shoto army from emerging before the game comes out.

Weren't they mad someone else tried to port it over, too?

I'm still in NY, you still in FL?

Do you have a fight stick that already worked on PS4 or did you grab one when you grabbed Xrd (you have to have Xrd, you love fighters way too much)? I lost interest in getting into the PS4 beta after I realized my TE won't work and I don't really have any fighters on the system at this point, so it's not really a wise investment for me to grab one at this time.

And what happened was someone took the XBL game and hacked it to work on PC, making some statement about how it wasn't piracy because the game wasn't available on the platform.

James Silva said:
Regarding the unofficial hack from earlier this week, Silva said, "'Barabus,' the guy responsible for the port/hack, is not a bad guy, and I think he didn't intend to come across the way he came across. Really am honestly flattered that he took the time and effort to reverse engineer Vampire Smile for PC. I heart your enthusiasm, Barabus! (just stop calling it justice, please!) Of course, we can't condone it, but we definitely recognise that the only thing we can really do about it is the original plan: port to PC."

That sounded like more than Dishwasher might make an appearance... I even tweeted him about it at one point and got a vague response regarding the timeframe, and now all Ska has been focused on is S&S, so now we're sitting at 2+ years since it was announced and we haven't really seen anything regarding it. It's probably vaporware, but maybe if I tweet at James again, I'll get a response.

Low res faces? Pfft! Who cares when you can do this to randoms on the street.

http://a.pomf.se/okvhlm.webm

Embrace the fuckaboutery that is Sleepy Dawgs!

That's awesome.
Makes me think I should go back to SD soon; I started it back in the glory days of Playfire Rewards and then kind of let up to go do other stuff. Then Sleeping Dogs DE came out and I decided I'd just play that version at some point since I wasn't far in... but I've never gone back.

Off topic. Discussions on the aesthetics of windows 10 are just as off topic as anime gifs and talking about what you ate for lunch. Let's clean it up in here.

Jawmuncher

Yeah... I personally don't like the 90 degree corners all over the place.
Are we back in the '90s with Windows 95? what_year_is_it.meme

I would be fine with a Material Design OS like Android Lollipop provides.
Hell, even an iOS layout I could live with.

I wish MS would allow theming out-of-the-box with decent support, so we can customize the OS as much as we can Android.
My current homescreen:
(Still finetuning. Probably gonna remove all the icons to have it truly clean.)

I just wanted a excuse to post this.

MUnited83

For you.
ummm,,,what ?

i mean cool , but there is VLC and KMP and many many player in the internet for free
also , is that standalone program or have steam DRM all the time ?

i remember when i bought my laptop , it was bundled with powerDVD 13 ( i think )
i had to delete it because it was too bad and causing errors to my PC
If you want to watch Blu-Rays on your PC then you more or less need that software.
Paid programs like this one also often have more features and performance , along with better compatibility.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
A new day folks! Let me go check that Zestiria progress....

Yep... 7%

I'm glad I'm not the only one who keeps checking. I mean granted we have a while yet before the game is released, but it seems like these pre-order tiers are not scaled correctly. The image would have you believe that there are just as many pre-orders required to get from 2 to 3 as there were from say 1 to 2, but it doesn't appear that that's the case.

I'll buy it once the last tier is unlocked, but probably not before.

Momentary

Banned
Sales usually pick up pretty good the week of. I know people sweat a little at 50 bucks... But that Symphonia man. I want to experience this coffee shit at 4K.

Nzyme32

First time I browse through twitch LoL streams just to try and see what the fuss is about .... and this is bizarre. One girl throws up, because she's "drunk", another is crying and talking about how she hates chat and some other streamer while they troll with auto voice subs, another guy just slamming his head against the desk.

Twitch is weird

jshackles

FF1w3jI.png

Anyone know why? I know that Early Access got delayed til the 30th, did it get pushed back further? I was really looking forward to this one.

First time I browse through twitch LoL streams just to try and see what the fuss is about .... and this is bizarre. One girl throws up, because she's "drunk", another is crying and talking about how she hates chat and some other streamer while they troll with auto voice subs, another guy just slamming his head against the desk.

Twitch is weird

You mean humans are weird :p

Dr Dogg

Door Kickers
on iOS
is just as super awesome as I remember.

Edit: Also if you folks want a giggle check this thread out.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1083206

Thread Title has changed slightly but read it and you'll get the gist.

That's awesome.
Makes me think I should go back to SD soon; I started it back in the glory days of Playfire Rewards and then kind of let up to go do other stuff. Then Sleeping Dogs DE came out and I decided I'd just play that version at some point since I wasn't far in... but I've never gone back.

Off topic. Discussions on the aesthetics of windows 10 are just as off topic as anime gifs and talking about what you ate for lunch. Let's clean it up in here.

I've played through it three times (twice on PC and once on PS3 to nab the Platinum trophy) and will never tire of Sleeping Dogs. Not that it does anything original or better than other open world game but does a lot of things very well that blend well together too. Although driving mechanics can be a little iffy if I've not played it for a while before getting back in the grove.

Also I'm waiting for the next time you go OT in here and the Steam thread cops jump down your throat :p

Twitch is weird

Sounds like a tame version of every other night in my old student house to be fair.

jshackles

Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 7.6. This release includes the following changes:
  • Added an option to use dynamic data while browsing Greenlight pages
  • Added performance survey data and links to applicable store pages
  • Added Twitch integration to Steam profiles that contain a link to the user's Twitch page
  • Added "Add to Cart" buttons back to wishlist pages
  • Added sorting options to "Friends who play" pages
  • Enhanced Steam will now remember whether you've accepted the SSA when buying and selling items
  • Updated and localized Early Access banner images
  • Fixed an issue with remaining card drop calculations on badge pages
  • Fixed bug that would cause very large wishlists to sometimes crash the browser after loading
  • Fixed a bug that caused cart errors when using the "Empty Cart" feature
This update is available for Google Chrome and should update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

Way of the Samurai 4 will be released tomorrow, 40% discount until the release day, 20% discount for the rest of the week.

I'm not a real shill but I work like a real one :)

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Way of the Samurai 4 will be released tomorrow, 40% discount until the release day, 20% discount for the rest of the week.

I'm not a real shill but I work like a real one :)

You convinced me at the point when you said "it's a good game".

Bought and anticipating a good game.

This just made my day.
I can't stop laughing.

Send help.

Already in.

:) You are doing god's work.

Also, Melinda Megamelons
not sure if want

You want it, maybe you don't know it yet, but you want it.

Also, in unrelated Steam news, the Battle of Empires 1914-1918 that just got released isn't the full game, they released the multiplayer as a standalone offering for people who don't want the campaign (4.99 dollars for the MP thingie)

See? lashman knows.

You convinced me at the point when you said "it's a good game".

Bought and anticipating a good game.

I hope you won't be disappointed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom