• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
HmduR6N.jpg

Abandoned

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Dark souls no longer uses GFWL so it should have no problems working on windows 8 or 10.

Also I have had no problems even with games that use GFWL on windows 10 (fallout 3)

pahamrick

I had zero issues with Dark Souls on W8 using DSfix and with GFWL when i put 50 something hours into the game last year.

Dark souls no longer uses GFWL so it should have no problems working on windows 8 or 10.

Also I have had no problems even with games that use GFWL on windows 10 (fallout 3)

Yeah, I just started DS/w DSFIX up and it works perfectly fine. Didn't have any issues or anything. I've also used games that still use GFWL without issue (Fallout 3, MK Arcade Kollection).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh apparently YESO doesn't use steam money.

I'll buy it while it's on sale then. I still got 20+ hours right?

Backlogger

Someone take this please! I even removed the NOLURKERS rule!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-EB316EE3DE2D9790 - Taken by Mikurden

Backlogger

:/ seems like the general sentiment - is there any format to it at all though? or do the testers themselves just generally send in anything they spot/feel?

Depends on the structure or organization of the QA department. There are a lot of different testing methods. If you are QAing something that is front end like a UI or a web page then there is a lot of "spot/feel" reporting back to the developer (or the designer that designed it if its not a coding issue).

Khronico

The Long War mod for XCOM EU is kind of amazing but really brutal (like classic XCOM).

I'm only two missions in and I've already lost 8 soldiers lol

Does anyone know anything about Dishonored Definitive edition? I'm *this* close to double dipping for the original GOTY version on GMG, but I'm thinking there at least might be some better textures in the new version, but I don't know if it'll be a new sub or replace the old GOTY version as an upgrade.

How is the branching in Way of the Samurai 4? Are you locked to just supporting either the white invaders or Shogunate or are there more neutral options?

And of course the Brigmore Witches isn't on sale on its own via GMG
2379004-jeff_headshake.gif

Khronico

How is the branching in Way of the Samurai 4? Are you locked to just supporting either the white invaders or Shogunate or are there more neutral options?

If it's anything like the previous games there will be tons of different paths through the main story.

IIRC there were like 22 different permutations of the main story in WOTS3

Does anyone know anything about Dishonored Definitive edition? I'm *this* close to double dipping for the original GOTY version on GMG, but I'm thinking there at least might be some better textures in the new version, but I don;t know id it'll be a new sub or replace the old GOTY version as an upgrade.

Is the definitive edition even being released on PC?

Teggy

So, a couple of unrelated things:

Anyone know of a setting that could have changed with the Windows 10 update that would cause my PC to boot slowly all of a sudden? If I press power it just sits there for a few minutes with no signal to the monitor, then I get the beep and it boots up as fast as it used to from that point.

Also, can anyone recommend a good 3rd person stealth game that I haven't played? I've played all the Splinter Cells and Styx. I have Velvet Assassin sitting there but it doesn't have the best reputation. Specifically 3rd person because I'm just in the mood for it (and
I've played some of the Thiefs, Deus Ex, Dishonored, Mark of the Ninja, etc.)

Dr Dogg

I still have my Fractal Define R4 cardboard box too, very useful!

Hey they're always useful for lunging the assembled PC about. Garage is full of boxes for all my PC crap over the years.

True ghetto is you using white theme!

Nothing wrong with the white style you themeist!

That's ghetto as fuck, I remember doing that during home renovations, just throw a few things on top of some boxes and hook it all up for a few hours. Good times.

Well after tearing the manky carpet and underlay up, dragging my actual desk up the stairs was the last thing on my mind. But hey it's functional for now. Although last time I did the same trick for a makeshift desk the box collapsed and the monitor ended up on the floor... in various pieces.

You stand atop the paint cans in a squat position, I assume?

Ha! As much as a cylinder is the perfect shape for distributing weight evenly if I so much as but any of my weight on them I imagine they'd burst into pieces.

There are reports of issues with certain sidequests but I played through the final stretch of the main story yesterday and didn't have any issues. I don't think there's a reason to wait for a patch to play that specific part of the game.

Well I've had my fair share of bugs, most comical more than frustrating. Getting catapulted 200 feet in the air when dismounting Roche was a particular highlight. Surprisingly when Geralt came crashing back down to Novigrad he landed on his feet and without a scratch. Must have been that Cat Potion I drank :p

Hahaha. Perfect.

If it's stupid but it works, it ain't stupid.

I'll remember that next time someone calls me stupid.

Does anyone know anything about Dishonored Definitive edition? I'm *this* close to double dipping for the original GOTY version on GMG, but I'm thinking there at least might be some better textures in the new version, but I don;t know id it'll be a new sub or replace the old GOTY version as an upgrade.

Well going by some of the product pages for it at various retailers it has all the released DLC like the GOTY Edition does and 'Enhanced Graphics' what ever that vapid description means. I'd wager that it's a resolution and framerate bump and being a UE3 game will suffer a bit on the newer consoles due to sequential CPU usage and more than likely PS4 will have aniso filtering missing. Really I doubt there's too much regards to texture work that could be improved that would be a big visual difference due to the artstyle (very watercolour-esqe) and the slight blur I'm assuming one of the post effects gave to the overall image.

Unless you're desperate to play it now might be worth waiting until it's out and in peeps hands to get a better overview of what it's like as the PC version goes on sale regularly.

Sch1sm

When Bethesda tweeted it, they said PS4 and One, no mention of PC. All sites that are selling preorders don't have a PC version, either. I feel inclined to say no, simply because the original beats out the first console version as is.

Well, I think I'm about halfway/a little bit over halfway done with Wolfenstein: The Old Blood.

It...kinda sucks. I really liked The New Order (enough to play it twice to get each side of the story), but something about The Old Blood just doesn't "feel" right. Maybe it's the heavy emphasis on stealth, or the kind of lacking level design, but it just feels like a bunch of cut content that was cut for a good reason.

I will say, though, that the
cable car sequence
was pretty cool.

When Bethesda tweeted it, they said PS4 and One, no mention of PC. All sites that are selling preorders don't have a PC version, either. I feel inclined to say no, simply because the original beats out the first console version as is.
Yeah, now that I'm looking at it some more, that seems the case. Thanks!
Well going by some of the product pages for it at various retailers it has all the released DLC like the GOTY Edition does and 'Enhanced Graphics' what ever that vapid description means. I'd wager that it's a resolution and framerate bump and being a UE3 game will suffer a bit on the newer consoles due to sequential CPU usage and more than likely PS4 will have aniso filtering missing. Really I doubt there's too much regards to texture work that could be improved that would be a big visual difference due to the artstyle (very watercolour-esqe) and the slight blur I'm assuming one of the post effects gave to the overall image.

Unless you're desperate to play it now might be worth waiting until it's out and in peeps hands to get a better overview of what it's like as the PC version goes on sale regularly.

Thanks Doogie!

Well, I think I'm about halfway/a little bit over halfway done with Wolfenstein: The Old Blood.

It...kinda sucks. I really liked The New Order (enough to play it twice to get each side of the story), but something about The Old Blood just doesn't "feel" right. Maybe it's the heavy emphasis on stealth, or the kind of lacking level design, but it just feels like a bunch of cut content that was cut for a good reason.

I will say, though, that the
cable car sequence
was pretty cool.

I feel exactly the opposite of what you describe here.
The Old Blood is so much better than The New Order.

Momentary

Banned
I've had hiccups here and there with running games on windows 10 about a month ago. But getting 15-20 FPS gains on Project CARS was awesome. I can't wait to install it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Graphics of Sleeping Dogs are really weird. In some areas, the game looks great (e.g. in the street at night with the neon lights), but other areas are very ugly, like when you get to the edge of town, the less populated areas.

Then there's the faces... Could it be that only selected characters/scenes got an update with that texture pack? In some cutscenes it's like there are characters with 'updated' faces, while others look like crap. For instance Winston's mother can look detailed in one scene, then rough in another. I don't know, might be looking too much into it, but the details and overall visuals are very uneven.

Turfster

Also, can anyone recommend a good 3rd person stealth game that I haven't played? I've played all the Splinter Cells and Styx. I have Velvet Assassin sitting there but it doesn't have the best reputation. Specifically 3rd person because I'm just in the mood for it (and
I've played some of the Thiefs, Deus Ex, Dishonored, Mark of the Ninja, etc.)

Marvellous Miss Take

Maybe it's the heavy emphasis on stealth

You mean "there's too much 'shoot all these dudes in these cramped quarters' and not enough stealth"

Dr Dogg

Graphics of Sleeping Dogs are really weird. In some areas, the game looks great (e.g. in the street at night with the neon lights), but other areas are very ugly, like when you get to the edge of town, the less populated areas.

Then there's the faces... Could it be that only selected characters/scenes got an update with that texture pack? In some cutscenes it's like there are characters with 'updated' faces, while others look like crap. For instance Winston's mother can look detailed in one scene, then rough in another. I don't know, might be looking too much into it, but the details and overall visuals are very uneven.

Low res faces? Pfft! Who cares when you can do this to randoms on the street.

http://a.pomf.se/okvhlm.webm

Embrace the fuckaboutery that is Sleepy Dawgs!

Kiru

Wow did Valve change the compression on the avatars ? I reuploaded my avatar and it looks much better with less compression artifacts. Yay!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wow did Valve change the compression on the avatars ? I reuploaded my avatar and it looks much better with less compression artifacts. Yay!

Yes, I believe this was changed a few days ago.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

My Steam-hosted avatar is actually a few KB larger than the file I uploaded. It's about damn time Valve used some of its bajillion dollars to allow higher-quality avatars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom