• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

Is reading what I posted really that hard? Do you think this is my first rodeo? Never seen texture and geometry fade-in in a UE3 game? Well that's fundamentally the issue that has plagued it since launch with countless games being completely unavoidable as it's an engine issue that is next to never solved by hardware.

Hey man, no need to take out your engine woes on me.
I see texture pop-in regularly (although no UE3 game has it as bad as The Witcher 2 did, that shit was atrocious), but I haven't yet experienced texture streaming causing frametime spikes.

Deques

Relevant
0zp0Uin.gif

Dr Dogg

Hey man, no need to take out your engine woes on me.
I see texture pop-in regularly (although no UE3 game has it as bad as The Witcher 2 did, that shit was atrocious), but I haven't yet experienced texture streaming causing frametime spikes.

Well you clearly haven't read that I identified the problem and then resolved but for some bizarre reason suggest I try something else. Why on earth would I do that when I have solved my issue? Let's not get into a stupid argument as I'm sure we have better thing to do today but surely can't you see how your post is bonkers in the context of what I posted.

jif is a cleaning product. gif is graphics interchange format, regardless of how pronounced. GIF dammit!!

Jif was a cleaning product over here until some heathens from another country who couldn't pronounce it and renamed it Cif.

Actually isn't Jif a brand of Peanut Butter?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The recent Humble Jumbo Bundle is pretty good, but I have the only games I'd want from it, apart from Outland. Maybe I'll wait and see what gets added next week. Seems like it's inevitable that Humble Bundles will start to drop in quality/value as there'll be less games to pick that haven't already been bundled. Having said that some of the Indie Bundles were incredible so it'd be hard to hit that level again, 5, 9 and 11 were especially good.

Dr Dogg

I ordered a Hyper 212x turbo and some thermal paste, should be here on Saturday. Hope it quiets down my PC when I'm converting videos.

Should have bought some plasters for you knuckles as the couple of times I've fitted them for mates they have been a right pain. Noctua or nothing for me despite everyone trying to copy their mounting systems.

Arthea

Jif was a cleaning product over here until some heathens from another country who couldn't pronounce it and renamed it Cif.

Actually isn't Jif a brand of Peanut Butter?

it is, also a cleaning products are called Cif where I live too, for some reason, even if we can pronounce Jif just fine.

and can we stop it already? gif is gif and that's it, no amount of words makes it jif, or willing, or insisting.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
it is, also a cleaning products are called Cif where I live too, for some reason, even if we can pronounce Jif just fine.

and can we stop it already? gif is gif and that's it, no amount of words makes it jif, or willing, or insisting.

In the UK we had the cleaning products called Jif, and also a brand of lemon juice called Jif (that comes in little lemon shaped squeezy bottles around pancake day). The cleaning stuff got renamed to Cif which may have prevented people drinking bleach? I don't know.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Gif is hard g. Jiff is a peanut butter
But then again some British and their colonies henceforth have terrible grammar. Whereas in the good ole us of a we are much better and traditional.

Arthea

In the UK we had the cleaning products called Jif, and also a brand of lemon juice called Jif (that comes in little lemon shaped squeezy bottles around pancake day). The cleaning stuff got renamed to Cif which may have prevented people drinking bleach? I don't know.

now when you mention it, there is lemon juice jif, totally forgot about it, it's hardly possible to take a cleaning product for it, but what do I know.

Hektor

Gizz in my pantsu~

Look at that. Bloodborne on Steam? In a way, yes it is.

Guess we can talk about it in here now. Praise Jshackles.

I was genuinely excited two days ago when i saw screenshots of several star ocean games popping up in my steam community until i realized they were uploaded as a non steam game from an emulator. I hate people who do that.

Dr Dogg

If only browsers went with apng support then we call all be shouting 'Animated Png's Not Gif's!' at each other.

I'm sure there's someone who put Jif Cream on their pancakes. A mate of mine drinks the stuff neat out the bottle. Considering how sugary it is and that it tastes nothing like proper lemon juice I'm surprised he doesn't throw up.

Anyway the Off Topic Police will be here soon so we better all scram.

Arthea

If only browsers went with apng support then we call all be shouting 'Animated Png's Not Gifs!' at each other.

gifs4life! I won't relent! until better universal format is found and no, webms don't qualify.

to get back to steam business.

Way of the Samurai 4 has come and so have samurai
sorry

it pains me that I still have to finish at least two games before starting it.

Dr Dogg

Eh, it's cheap, I can't overclock anyway.

I've used the same CPU cooler (NH-D14) on three builds now and still going strong. Grab some coffee filters and TIM cleaner and it's a piece of cake to take off and put on to a new build. Massively unwieldy but putting water in my system scares me to death so I'll make do.

Anteater

sweet, there's a command that allows you to fast travel anywhere on the map to sign posts you've been to in the witcher 3: "AllowFT(3)", this will make it much better for me, fuck all those running to a sign post just to teleport to a sign post.

also just started borderlands (solo), so far so good!

Dr Dogg

also just started borderlands (solo), so far so good!

We'll see! What class you playing as? I played through Blands 1 as a Commando solo and it wasn't too bad (well apart from the writing, story or lack there of) and had a brief play solo with a Siren which was okish but the other two classes weren't particularly fun to go it alone. It is a far better game with other though, even randoms if they're not cheating hacking dickbags that screw up your save. One day we will have a Blands SteamGAF game night!

Arthea

oh wow, groupees are having another VN bundle (not steam, because Jast, but still), previous must have been success then.

https://groupees.com/vn2

edited: it would be nice for Jast to embrace steam, for those cheevos and cards, and cloud saves and updates, it could still be drm free, everybody wins, no?

The recent Humble Jumbo Bundle is pretty good, but I have the only games I'd want from it, apart from Outland. Maybe I'll wait and see what gets added next week. Seems like it's inevitable that Humble Bundles will start to drop in quality/value as there'll be less games to pick that haven't already been bundled. Having said that some of the Indie Bundles were incredible so it'd be hard to hit that level again, 5, 9 and 11 were especially good.

I don't see that as inevitable at all, considering how many games are released daily, and they have only 1,5 bundle a week.

Seems like it's inevitable that Humble Bundles will start to drop in quality/value as there'll be less games to pick that haven't already been bundled. Having said that some of the Indie Bundles were incredible so it'd be hard to hit that level again, 5, 9 and 11 were especially good.

...balanced by the fact that new games are still coming out all the time. It's just a question of which publishers want to include their games in the first place. Humble can't knock out AAA bundles all the time. No bundle site can, despite how much people want it.

Anteater

We'll see! What class you playing as? I played through Blands 1 as a Commando solo and it wasn't too bad (well apart from the writing, story or lack there of) and had a brief play solo with a Siren which was okish but the other two classes weren't particularly fun to go it alone. It is a far better game with other though, even randoms if they're not cheating hacking dickbags that screw up your save. One day we will have a Blands SteamGAF game night!

Playing as siren, looks like it could be interesting with the phasewalk thing!

oh wow, groupees are having another VN bundle (not steam, because Jast, but still), previous must have been success then.

edited: it would be nice for Jast to embrace steam, for those cheevos and cards, and cloud saves and updates, it could still be drm free, everybody wins, no?

I don't see that as inevitable at all, considering how many games are released daily, and they have only 1,5 bundle a week.

Cool. School Days.

I played through BL1 as Mordecai and BL2 as the dual wielding dwarf guy both solo. I enjoyed both even though the stories were a little silly and the pacing slooooooowwwwwww. I'd love to see BL3 with the standard gunplay matched to the story telling and character from Telltale's game.

BL2 spoiler
It was sad when Mordecai's bird died in 2.

Dr Dogg

Playing as siren, looks like it could be interesting with the phasewalk thing!

Bit under powered to start with though they're very good when you start to get elemental weapons. Come the high levels the amount of damage you can put out is insane.

Soldier is a pretty broken class as you can constantly regenerate health, constantly regenerate ammo more than you expend and with the turret as a separate fire source that you can customise for support, defence, offence or a combination of combined with certain Command Com's that augment the whole squad's ammo, health, shields and such you just can be put down.

Jawmuncher

Hopefully there's something I want. Last bundle I skipped on since I wasn't interested in reading any of it.

Dr Dogg

I played through BL1 as Mordecai and BL2 as the dual wielding dwarf guy both solo. I enjoyed both even though the stories were a little silly and the pacing slooooooowwwwwww. I'd love to see BL3 with the standard gunplay matched to the story telling and character from Telltale's game.

BL2 spoiler
It was sad when Mordecai's bird died in 2.

Yeah I found the pacing is a bit crap in BL1 and in 2 you either have to do side content to level up or face some serious bullet spongey enemies in the campaign which take ages to kill. Mordecai is pretty cool and his Action Kill, Bloodwing', is pretty good when you get further down the skill tree but when you get surrounded by groups I found to be a bit up shit creak without having to do a runner. But hey Blands gets more challenging on the 2nd and 3rd playthroughs (if you can stomach them)with much more varied and hard enemies right from the start that it is almost like a different game (well in the shooty looty sense not thematically).

Arthea

I've never thought the day will come when I say that I have too many VNs to play... on steam alone, I tried to catch up with new releases, it isn't working... and I haven't bought many of expensive ones still, and now we are even getting VN bundles.
Is this real life?

Lain

Nice, I never got around to grabbing School Days, so this is gonna work out well.

JAST would love to embrace Steam, as shown with Littlewitch Romanesque or their desire to release SteinsGate on Steam which never materialized because of their contract, but they don't dabble too much in all ages games and I personally have no idea how many all ages releases there are of their 18+ games.

Pachimari

I just made a huge step today. I sold my Wii U, Wii Motion Plus, x2 Pro controllers, Gamecube adapter and 15 games. That's the first step of getting rid of my consoles and lessening my addiction. :)

Jawmuncher

I will say I prefer Kinetic Novels to VNs though. Not a fan of multiple routes. From what I have played only 999 really did that one right. But even then it has the problem of a lot of the same repeated dialog which a lot of VNs do to get back to the first decision.

True you can save there. Guess, but I really think having a flow chart should be standard for the bigger games.

Arthea

I will say I prefer Kinetic Novels to VNs though. Not a fan of multiple routes. From what I have played only 999 really did that one right. But even then it has the problem of a lot of the same repeated dialog which a lot of VNs do to get back to the first decision.

True you can save there. Guess, but I really think having a flow chart should be standard for the bigger games.

you couldn't now just said that Long live the Queen didn't do it right, tell me you didn't!

I know many that do it right, then again my right and your right can be different, for example I thought that Dysfunctional Systems did it right too, or an Octave higher if we talk newer ones, although last one rather do branching right than choices.

I'm opposite of you in this, I prefer choice or gameplay mixes VNs over kinetic novels all the way. I do like some of kinetic ones too, I just prefer others.

Nice, I never got around to grabbing School Days, so this is gonna work out well.

JAST would love to embrace Steam, as shown with Littlewitch Romanesque or their desire to release SteinsGate on Steam which never materialized because of their contract, but they don't dabble too much in all ages games and I personally have no idea how many all ages releases there are of their 18+ games.

I'm not sure about their love for steam, tbh, not all VNs have adult content, although as you I have no idea how many have all ages versions of those that do have.
We'll see if we ever get Steins gate, I'll change my opinion about Jast when we get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom