• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpekata

Banned
FEAR 2 is more of a "We're making it for consoles!" version of the first game than a true sequel. Pretty much a regression on every level.

It also has a comically large HUD as that was the style for PC shooters being adapted to consoles at the time.

I think I prefer 3 too.

Grief.exe

I forgot why stopped playing FEAR. I think I was trying to mod or change the FOV or something then I forgot.
bts_watermelon.gif

The office section of Fear is a real grind.

FEAR 2 is more of a "We're making it for consoles!" version of the first game than a true sequel. Pretty much a regression on every level.

It also has a comically large HUD as that was the style for PC shooters being adapted to consoles at the time.

I think I prefer 3 too.

Reminds me of Crysis.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
The Swapper is pretty damn great. I remember being stuck on a puzzle early on and quitting because of that, but I quickly figured it out now.
it's the room where you have to slow time to swap for the first time. Suddenly I saw a gear moving slowly when I pointed my light and went OH
I've made progress beyond that now, every puzzle is so satisfying to figure out.

I love it when there are clever hints in the environment, like that gear

Sch1sm

Hey guys, are G2A and Nuuvem keys actually safe to buy? I'm tempted by Attila Total War, but I'm still buttmad about Rome 2 to buy the game at full price

Nuuvem for sure. G2A I haven't used ever, but I've never had issues with buying from Nuuvem. How much is Attila Total War there now that you're willing to jump on it?

Rome 2 was on sale twice during summer sale, and then right after it ended during a free weekend, iirc.

SSPssp

Hey guys, are G2A and Nuuvem keys actually safe to buy? I'm tempted by Attila Total War, but I'm still buttmad about Rome 2 to buy the game at full price

Nuuvem is a legit, authorized store in Brazil so its totally safe. I don't know if Attila is region locked though. G2A is a key reseller, some of the keys might be stolen.

Edit: Beaten by zkylon

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
The Swapper is pretty damn great. I remember being stuck on a puzzle early on and quitting because of that, but I quickly figured it out now.
it's the room where you have to slow time to swap for the first time. Suddenly I saw a gear moving slowly when I pointed my light and went OH
I've made progress beyond that now, every puzzle is so satisfying to figure out.

Small tip, it gets REAL tough at the end, and you need to complete all the puzzles to see the ending. Keep that in mind if you're thinking about skipping one.

Those two shouldn't be in the same sentence. Nuuvem is a legitimate brazillian retailer. G2A is a reseller who is willing to deal in stolen keys.

yeah that's not great lol

geralt's voice is like too engraived in my brain to be used somewhere else

Ugh. The voice being the same is one thing, but the character's description of themself sounded like he was describing the Witcher. Definitely wouldn't be able to play this.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Small tip, it gets REAL tough at the end, and you need to complete all the puzzles to see the ending. Keep that in mind if you're thinking about skipping one.

Thanks. I was wondering if you needed to get every orb, guess that answers that.

L.O.R.D

just finished some crazy ass mission in Distance
i really hate the wall jumping sequence , sometime its very hard to do it

my heart start beating very fast in the last sequence

why i didn't play it before ?

zkylon

zkylewd
ok with the week over, just a few more days until videocard ;_;

it's happening ;_;

Ugh. The voice being the same is one thing, but the character's description of themself sounded like he was describing the Witcher. Definitely wouldn't be able to play this.

it's a loot game so i wasn't gona play it anyways

Nuuvem for sure. G2A I haven't used ever, but I've never had issues with buying from Nuuvem. How much is Attila Total War there now that you're willing to jump on it?

Rome 2 was on sale twice during summer sale, and then right after it ended during a free weekend, iirc.

I bought Rome 2 on release, in fact I pre-ordered it. Never again will I preoder something, my rage was unlimited the day the game finally launched. And what makes me even more mad is the fact that they used Rome 2 as some kind of beta for Attila, and they made us pay 60 dollars for it.

Attila was 21 dollars or something on Nuuvem some time ago. I think in Steam it was 30 dollars during the summer sale

Nuuvem is. Just make sure it isn't region locked.

G2A are resellers.

Those two shouldn't be in the same sentence. Nuuvem is a legitimate brazillian retailer. G2A is a reseller who is willing to deal in stolen keys.

Wow, didn't know that, then it's a no go

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I bought Rome 2 on release, in fact I pre-ordered it. Never again will I preoder something, my rage was unlimited the day the game finally launched. And what makes me even more mad is the fact that they used Rome 2 as some kind of beta for Attila, and they made us pay 60 dollars for it.

Attila was 21 dollars or something on Nuuvem some time ago. I think in Steam it was 30 dollars during the summer sale

Wow, didn't know that, then it's a no go

I think Nuuvem blocks purchases for SEGA games even if you use a VPN, so you may not be able to buy Attila from them

tmarg

God-mother fucking-dammit!

The thing is I totally believe that story >_<

I totally believe that full scale development of HL3 doesn't fit Valve's business interests.

I also believe that a poor reception to a potential HL3 could significantly harm their brand, and be a big setback for their platform, which is more profitable over the long term than any single gaming franchise.

I don't believe that Valve aren't making it because they are afraid of nerd rage. As bad as online harassment has gotten lately, it isn't the cause of every negative thing that happens in the industry.

Spyware

Yeah I love that game and I didn't think I would. I actually got it mainly for my SO to play. Then I was pulled in and finished it in one sitting.
I never found it hard. I actually even mentioned the lack of challenge in my 52 games note (as a plus, bacause I hate being frustrated).

derExperte

Pinball Arcade is doing a sale starting later today.

It's time for the Pinball Arcade Summer Sale!

This time around, the Season One and Two passes are 50% off the retail price on all platforms!

Season One Bundle (21 Tables) - $29.99 $14.99
Season One Pro Bundle - $39.99 $19.99
Season One Pro Upgrade - $9.99 $4.99

Season Two Bundle (19 Tables) - $29.99 $14.99
Season Two Pro Bundle - $39.99 $19.99
Season Two Pro Upgrade - $9.99 $4.99

SALE DATES
iOS & Android (Google Play, Amazon & OUYA) - TODAY 7/24/15 - 8/28/15
Steam - Tomorrow @ 10AM 7/25/15 - 8/08/15
PS4, PS3 & Vita - 7/29/15 - 8/28/15
PS4, PS3 & Vita Europe - Stay tuned to the Pinball Arcade Facebook Page for sale dates.
Xbox One & Xbox 360 - Stay tuned to the Pinball Arcade Facebook Page for sale dates.

This is a great time to get your friends and family in on the fun or upgrade that basic pass to pro to gain awesome features like ball control, table exploration, coin door functionality and pro tips!

Dsyndrome

For those of you that are playing Cradle, is it more like Gone Home or something like Antichamber?
First person adventure game with lots of backstory/side content. First puzzle is to cook breakfast for someone, and you need to find / prepare all the ingredients. I wouldn't say it's like Gone Home at all, and although I have Antimatter, I've never installed it. I've liked what I've played this far, some of the puzzles make you grind your head over where something is (not pixel hunting, physically finding something you know you need). No combat in the game whatsoever.

Pinball Arcade is doing a sale starting later today.

Woot! By X-mas 2016 sale I'll be caught up on seasons. I don't think I've played any game as much in the past year.

I'd recommend anyone give at least the free table a try. It's great (though it looks a bit rough). I'd never played pinball until earlier this year and now am totally addicted.

header.jpg

I'm playing through Way of the Samurai IV and so far I'm liking it. The game doesn't take itself seriously and there is plenty of nonsense going on, and every dialogue in cutscenes feels exaggerated like something you could expect from a comedy anime. From the little that I played I did notice that the choices you make during the conversations change the outcomes, I started the game again because I accidentally made my samurai wearing only underpants when I played it for the first time, and in that second time I played the tutorial I choose a different answer and it triggered other sequence of events, different from the first time.

The city doesn't isn't huge but it was expected, as you wander and talk to NPC's you unlock sidequests to do, to my surprise they have a certain amount of days as a limit to complete them but I still don't know how the time passes. Another stupid thing I did was making a lady fall in love with me, the options in the conversation were amusing.

I highly recommend to play the game with a controller, I saw the keyboard binding and didn't even bother to try it.

67FD73D164C95445F2DAAD9DA852CB43A5C0CCF4

It's a game about friendship...
A84A8B1169A28C8679D1DE8A6B1FE634580E7949

...or maybe not.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
For those swallowing up the MGSV codes, might wanna keep an eye out until it goes up for sale. I know Nuuvem had a pretty great price on Ground Zeroes before launch, you might see Nuuvem have Phantom Pain at a price better than the current $35 people are asking. If the Nuuvem price does get better, you could probably negotiate better price for Nvidia codes.

Unless like, moneys not a huge issue which in that case whatever get your games bud.

The Talos Principle is awesome, really interesting stuff going on in this game. And the amount of options for graphics is just insane, I don't even know what half the stuff does but I'm glad it's there. I might spend a bit tinkering around with it to see what all of it does.

First person adventure game with lots of backstory/side content. First puzzle is to cook breakfast for someone, and you need to find / prepare all the ingredients. I wouldn't say it's like Gone Home at all, and although I have Antimatter, I've never installed it. I've liked what I've played this far, some of the puzzles make you grind your head over where something is (not pixel hunting, physically finding something you know you need). No combat in the game whatsoever.

Sounds good. I'll definitely check it out at some point.

Sch1sm

Got well into Limbo tonight.

I rate it a zkylon too many spiders/10.

2d, side scrolling puzzler in black and white. It isn't my favourite, not in the slightest. Puzzles aren't difficult or anything (though I can't say I haven't died a lot due to poor execution), and its simplistic in control/mechanics, but I'm bored of it. I was bored of it early on, but I want to see its culmination.

Few jump scares here and there with the
spiders. Lord, those legs.
And the sabotage,
seriously, who were those two guys trying to block your path and kill you?

There's no music. I'm still stuck on that. It establishes the mood well enough without, but maybe I'd like it more if it had a soundtrack to boot.

E: Some of this is just morbid. One for one, not for all. Sacrifice the living, utilize the dead.

zkylon

zkylewd
i actually really liked limbo

one of the few games i played with headphones and it was obviously absolutely terrifying for me but in a pretty interesting and creepy way more than like phobia way

dunno what was about it but it didn't had the effect spiders from other games do

i liked it a lot, i think the floaty platforming and pushing puzzles aren't like the best thing ever but i liked the puzzles and i really loved the atmosphere. i found the puzzles to be pretty good overall, in that way of you try your first thing, watch it not work, get stuck, think about it a bit and come up with the solution pretty quick. it usually involved a bit of thinking rather than just going through the motions or doing some weird physics calculations so i actually really liked it

i love limbo, it's a cool game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom