• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

user237

Groupees second "positive" game is apparently Crab Cakes Rescue. Problem is all the reviews read like jokes.

I would like to see Groupees reduce the number of bundles and be a little more selective in choosing games. Some of the crap they select is embarrassing, especially in Greenlight bundles.

madjoki

I would like to see Groupees reduce the number of bundles and be a little more selective in choosing games. Some of the crap they select is embarrassing, especially in Greenlight bundles.

Unfortunately, most bundles are just for +1 steam games now and getting shitty games greenlit.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've just pushed a small update to Idle Master that should fix an issue with some of the new features not working correctly. You can manually update by running the setup program from steamidlemaster.com. I've also updated the portable version on the site to 1.0.1. Thanks everyone for your patience. :)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Here are some more games from bundles.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (BinaryPork2737, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sector -- MB-70C9D8AC7AF3794C - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
Nandeyanen!? -- MB-1FC2A9429D5FB18B - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.
Atonement: Scourge of Time -- MB-748AE567DD6F2302 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
Kingdom Wars 2: Battles -- MB-72DF84E9F22A5BAA - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Stranded in Time -- MB-5C31845CE461B088 - Taken by Kifimbo. 1 entrants total.
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes -- MB-274AEEA42221A65E - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
Build 'N Bump -- MB-12DEB0C98ABA8A67 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.
Biodrone Battle -- MB-D584F3D5F653300B - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.

SimpleRockets -- MB-B9A18ED946DFAE52 - Taken by Ozium. 1 entrants total.
Big Fish Legend -- MB-34E43E48D4A34D88 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 2 entrants total.
Super Hipster Lumberjack -- MB-BC8EBEB638595222 - Taken by Undead Bokun. 1 entrants total.

t1437838219z1.png

Dr Dogg

In real life cables don't have aliasing.

Any way I think by this point we've established that Turfster is a gaming masochist that gets a thrill from playing turds.

Dr Dogg

How long is this World Cup draw going to take!?!?!?

This.
Also, real life has some pedestrians, the computer bullshots seem to take place in a post-apocalyptic future where some unknown factor has decimated human population.

I'm sure there will be some contrived reason like the Batman games why no one is about. Maybe there's been a flu pandemic and the racers are ferrying vaccine to hospitals or it's really a bloody sport for our entertainment ala Death Race or something.

Last nights Chivalry game night was fun. Died horribly and stupidly being my first time... also teamkilled Expert two times in a row, sooorry -_-'

Feels a bit clunky but I think by investing some time I could get the hang out of it. CoOp horde mode was fun! I suck at PvP :'(

Had to leave about after 1 hour though sadly. Looking eagerly froward to our next game night!

Here some gifs!

q79ddnh.gif

This never gets old. Never.

kYuOGNo.gif

Put up the shield just in the right time :D

1HJVEqX.gif

Betraying and teamkilling Expert :( Hey, at least I revenged you, kinda!

VFMM6DZ.gif

Greatest achievement, DOUBLEKILL. Why is there no medieval announcer :/

Maniac

Banned
How long is this World Cup draw going to take!?!?!?

I'm sure there will be some contrived reason like the Batman games why no one is about. Maybe there's been a flu pandemic and the racers are ferrying vaccine to hospitals or it's really a bloody sport for our entertainment ala Death Race or something.
That'd make for a better story than some of the contrived shit we've seen in racers. And honestly would probably make for a more entertaining game than NFS has been in a decade, aswell.

Dr Dogg

That'd make for a better story than some of the contrived shit we've seen in racers. And honestly would probably make for a more entertaining game than NFS has been in a decade, aswell.

When the NFS series has tried to do a story it's the equivalent of a poundshop Jerry Bruckheimer action flick. I think The Crew is also meant to have an awful story populated with cringe worthy characters. The Driver series has been up and down but the first really nailed that 60's, 70's car chase scene style gameplay and San Francisco gets brownie points for ripping off Life on Mars (if you're going to steal from something steal from something good). Stuntman while not really having a story or even a racer per say always had the right atmosphere.

Why would you want motion blur? Thats like one of the first things i turn off when i start game

I don't know, per object motion blur can look awful sexy mind on weapon swings and such if not used OTT. Velocity based camera motion blur I find nauseating though at higher framerates.

Anteater

Do you have it turned off by accident? I have mine on the lowest notch in the menu and I can notice it pretty much anytime I turn the camera.

hmm there's only on and off on my end, I see no difference with it on, I don't know what the blur option is either

Why would you want motion blur? Thats like one of the first things i turn off when i start game

I like to turn it on if I play games at 30fps, seems to give an illusion of smoothness when moving the camera

Steam Idle Master 1.0 has been released. This version should automatically update for those that already have 0.9 installed within the next 24 hours.

Here is a list of changes made in this release:
  • Increased program stability and reliability.
  • Idle Master will now run multiple games simultaneously when it begins if it detects multiple games that have less than 2 hours of playtime.
  • Idle Master will now check for new games with card drops each time it changes games. (I call this the "Frosty Feature"!)
  • Fixed a bug in remaining card drop calculation due to changes made by Valve.
  • Idle Master will now check (and attempt to restart) any steam-idle.exe process that isn’t running when it’s supposed to be.
  • Added basic error logging that will output to an error.log file, which can be helpful in troubleshooting certain scenarios.
A "portable" version is also available for download from http://www.steamidlemaster.com. If you are currently running the portable version of Idle Master, simply download the new portable version and extract the files over the top of your existing ones to update.

You can also force the update by re-running the setup program from the website.

Thank you everyone for your patience as this release took longer than usual in testing. Happy Idling!
Thanks, updated!
Games released between 13.07 and 19.07.2015 with more than 10,000 sales:
That's a really neat series you posting. Interesting to see figures.
I don't know tbh I wouldn't mind if any future Half-Life would be outright cancelled forever. The series had its time, move to something new. There's enough Half-Life for everyone already.

JustLynx

Last nights Chivalry game night was fun. Died horribly and stupidly being my first time... also teamkilled Expert two times in a row, sooorry -_-'

Feels a bit clunky but I think by investing some time I could get the hang out of it. CoOp horde mode was fun! I suck at PvP :'(

Had to leave about after 1 hour though sadly. Looking eagerly froward to our next game night!

Yeah it was really fun,
the horde was fun but it was really laggy for me sadly
what I enjoyed the most are the team dm in the small maps, i just love the chaos :D
even if i get killed by my own team

if we're gonna do another Chivalry night, I'm in!

damn hiding hud/taking screenshots is a pain in the ass in w3, the dlghide/dlgshow or whatever command is kind of broken.

devs should just give us a "take hudless screenshots" shortcut for every game!

yeah it's really frustrating, i wished they added the camera feature thingy like in Shadow of Mordor

Anteater

damn hiding hud/taking screenshots is a pain in the ass in w3, the dlghide/dlgshow or whatever command is kind of broken.

Maniac

Banned
When the NFS series has tried to do a story it's the equivalent of a poundshop Jerry Bruckheimer action flick. I think The Crew is also meant to have an awful story populated with cringe worthy characters. The Driver series has been up and down but the first really nailed that 60's, 70's car chase scene style gameplay and San Francisco gets brownie points for ripping off Life on Mars (if you're going to steal from something steal from something good). Stuntman while not really having a story or even a racer per say always had the right atmosphere.

I don't know, per object motion blur can look awful sexy mind on weapon swings and such if not used OTT. Velocity based camera motion blur I find nauseating though at higher framerates.
I concur with... Everything in this comment. And object-focused / based motion blur can be pretty great, especially with weapons as you mention. I've seen some sexy things with motion-blurred arrows, swords and axes.

Some daaaaamn sexy things I tell ya... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't know tbh I wouldn't mind if any future Half-Life would be outright cancelled forever. The series had its time, move to something new. There's enough Half-Life for everyone already.

Do you want to be on my shitlist? Because that's how you get on my shitlist.

;_;

hmm there's only on and off on my end, I see no difference with it on, I don't know what the blur option is either

I like to turn it on if I play games at 30fps, seems to give an illusion of smoothness when moving the camera

Oh yeah, it is just an on and off switch, well I have mine on and blur on and motion blur is definitely noticable. Not sure what it could be then.

ArjanN

I think half my rare showcase is goat Sim too. Be proud sine goat Sim is life

Mine is Goat Sim + Gods Will Be Watching + Westerado.

It's interesting how the rarest achievements aren't always the hardest games, although usually over time it sort of normalizes.

It also has to do with the audience for a game. I've noticed shmups for example tend to have higher completion percentages than you'd think, just because the people who buy them are more hardcore.

Spyware

I'm fine with a working hide/show button, but yeah either that or HUDless screens button should be in every game.

Mine is Goat Sim + Gods Will Be Watching + Westerado.

It's interesting how the rarest achievements aren't always the hardest games, although usually over time it sort of normalizes.

It also has to do with the audience for a game. I've noticed shmups for example tend to have higher completion percentages than you'd think, just because the people who buy them are more hardcore.
Yeah, Goat Sim have extremely simple cheevos so they "shouldn't" be rare. but most people playing it don't even look at the cheevo list I guess. It's way different for more niche games.

Eila

My rarest achievements are all Spiral Knights, and recently Coffin Dodgers, having played it once for the alienware stream.
And I guess it's staying that way for a long time. Is Spiral Knights even online anymore? The fall from grace for that game was crazy, almost like Tribes Ascend.
And now I'm sad.

ExoSoul

Banned
Last night's Chivalry games were a lot of fun, I still haven't gotten used to the various hitboxes but I'm sure I'll get around. I definitely learned as we kept playing.

There were some memorable occurrences that I still giggle when I think about them like:
- Seeing Spirited soaked in blood coming at me, kill him, "hum.. that was rather passive", see the team kill pop up and his frustration through mumble.
- The times I became a tower Knight and refused to die against four enemies :3
until my stamina ran out, RIP. I did manage to juke and recover stamina once but yeah going "This is my house!" and becoming a immovable wall is fun :3
- The mumble chat had its moments =P
- having a fairly good positive K/D and seeing my deaths double in the span of 3-5 minutes :D
- The game was so life-like I ended up breaking a tooth =/

I'll look up some guides to see how to unlock stuff so that I'm better equipped next time.
DerExperte's too good, we'll have to quick him next time =P

1HJVEqX.gif

Betraying and teamkilling Expert :( Hey, at least I revenged you, kinda!

VFMM6DZ.gif

Greatest achievement, DOUBLEKILL. Why is there no medieval announcer :/

The mine map was a mess xD

MUnited83

For you.
Damn, the prices of Arkham Knight bombed so damn hard that you can now get a Nvidia key for 10-12$. DAMN. I admit I'm quite tempted lol

Miguel81

Here some gifs!

kYuOGNo.gif

Put up the shield just in the right time :D

Good save. That might have been my arrow as it was only me and one other archer up there.

Dr Dogg

It's time for a celebration. We're at 9% folks.

Well it's trucking along at 1% a day so even if that stays the same and there isn't a dip in sale or a tail end resurgence it should make 100% a couple of days before release. Though after Defiance went it's whole pre purchase campaign barely getting to tier 1 and then suddenly in the last 2 days cleared all 3 tiers I get the feeling pubs can adjust the requirements as and when they see fit. Not that I reckon Scamco would want to give Symphonia away for free mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom