• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Oh yeah your right I think.

Go ahead and add me to your friendslist (@khronico) if you want

--

Anyone have any recommendations for good steam local mp games? I'm hosting a game night and I'm wondering which ones I should prioritize/skip. Right now I have:

Fight the Dragon
Hammerwatch
Legend of Dungeon
Monaco
Sonic ASRT
Brawlhalla
Talisman

I'm assuming you are having more than two people so you should prioritize everything that is 4 player.

Hektor

--

Anyone have any recommendations for good steam local mp games? I'm hosting a game night and I'm wondering which ones I should prioritize/skip. Right now I have:

Risk of Rain (apparently local coop?)
Fight the Dragon
RE6
Hammerwatch
KOF2002&XIII
Legend of Dungeon
Monaco
Orcs Must Die 2
Sonic ASRT
How to Survive
Brawlhalla
Jamestown
Lego Marvel
Talisman
Mercenary Kings

I've only seen videos of it, but it looked totes fun:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/301970/

€: Same with this:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/303590/

Jawmuncher

Is that a spoiler?
untitled2tesys.png

It's not.

Shadownet

Banned

Will do, gotta add monkey boy too.
----
It's kinda funny that Redguards are like the African American of the races in ESO. Yet the Caucasian Nords max height is like two level higher than a Redguard max height.

Lyris is ridiculously tall.

dex3108

And i knew it. Dishonored DLCs are on 40% discount and with my wallet money i could buy missing one for 2,5 euros but i couldn't go to bank today and now i can't buy it :(

rookiejet

Lethal League
River City Ransom
Windjammers
All of SNK's NeoGeo catalog
Nidhogg
Samurai Gunn
edit: Joe Danger

I know you said choose from the games you have, but you should buy these. you're slacking, man

Alot of the games on your list are not immediate "pick up and play", which is what I would value in a party sort of thing

Tizoc

So, Confrontation. That new FMV adventure game.

You know, this game:

ss_fd59769dab84005dd2cc30a3a49bedd1950a6ea1.600x338.jpg
ss_f33622ad529f91fcd66d6eda02e5609445b277c0.600x338.jpg

It's done by Tim Follin.
You know, the legendary computer musician Tim Follin?
This Tim Follin:

Gauntlet III, Ghost 'n' Goblins, Agent X II
Ghouls 'N' Ghosts Amiga
Time Trax Genesis

That came out of left field... Totally did not expect that, the guy said he was done with video games after years of making amazing soundtracks and barely scraping a living.

I recently beat this game and it was a good adventure game. Gets 4/5 from me. Def. check it out as $10 is worth the price for this game IMO.

Dr Dogg

So I know it's only a week but let's have a peek at how the Enhanced Steam performance survey is doing.

First up GTA V.
And next The Witcher III
So both titles support arbitrary resolutions so the resolution info is a little wrong as to its limits and both support arbitrary variable framerates but the majority of submissions got that right but great progress so far. Assassin's Creed Unity's one is a bit wonkey but hey give it time and really the first month should be when some meaningful data is about in various titles.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I highly recommend Victor Vran folks, it's a really damn fun action RPG. It's not as deep as say Grim Dawn but it feels more 'action orientated' and is very reliant and dodging like an action game. Works really damn well with a controller too and they are supporting it with free content going forward as well as looking to patch in local coop as well. (already supports online). From a £15 action RPG perspective I'm liking it more than Torchlight and Van Helsing, combat feels really good. It also has Geralt Of Rivia doing the main characters voice so that's always a bonus IMO.

Shadownet

Banned
My birthday is not for a short while. But I can't wait till then to give back something to you guys, so here it is.

I'm doing 23 giveaways. There are only 5 rules.
1. Please only enter for games you don't have.
2. Once you win something, you are no longer eligible to win any other giveaways. So think about and make sure that it is the game you want. Maybe the next one might be better.
3. I reserve the right to take off any name that was entered if I find out you're a lurker or whatever.
4. Each giveaway will most likely be either 24 hours or until people stop entering. Whatever happen first. I will give a warning post before I close up the giveaway.
5. Don't wish me Happy Birthday yet. If you do, I will send ninjas and spiders after you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please quote to reveal the link, input your name and good luck!

Giveaway #22: Metro: Last Light Redux

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I know it's only a week but let's have a peek at how the Enhanced Steam performance survey is doing.

First up GTA V.

And next The Witcher III

So both titles support arbitrary resolutions so the resolution info is a little wrong as to its limits and both support arbitrary variable framerates but the majority of submissions got that right but great progress so far. Assassin's Creed Unity's one is a bit wonkey but hey give it time and really the first month should be when some meaningful data is about in various titles.

Here's a glimpse on what's happening in the background, maybe it can shed a little light on these answers in regard to the resolution options. The survey asks the user to fill out their monitor's native resolution then asks if the game runs full screen without stretching. Enhanced Steam compiles these answer pairs into a dataset and then performs a Bayesian analysis on that dataset to come up with a "confidence score" for each answer pair. The answer pair with the highest confidence score is the one that gets displayed here.

So in the case of GTA V and by looking at the back-end data, I see that a few people with 4k reported it didn't play full screen (this is probably incorrect, or maybe they just didn't read the instructions, it's hard to say with things like this that are crowd sourced) but everyone that reported a 1080p monitor also reported that it played full screen without stretching. There were also a lot more people that reported 1080p vs 4k, so the system's confidence score in 1080p being the right answer was chosen.

I think the confusion may be due to the wording here, which I may update. I think it might be more accurate if it said it appears to support at least 1920x1080 resolution.

Dr Dogg

Well let's see how janky non patched ZOE 2 HD is. Yeah, yeah I know it's not on Steam but plfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttttttt!!!

Here's a glimpse on what's happening in the background, maybe it can shed a little light on these answers in regard to the resolution options. The survey asks the user to fill out their monitor's native resolution then asks if the game runs full screen without stretching. Enhanced Steam compiles these answer pairs into a dataset and then performs a Bayesian analysis on that dataset to come up with a "confidence score" for each answer pair. The answer pair with the highest confidence score is the one that gets displayed here.

So in the case of GTA V and by looking at the back-end data, I see that a few people with 4k reported it didn't play full screen (this is probably incorrect, or maybe they just didn't read the instructions, it's hard to say with things like this that are crowd sourced) but everyone that reported a 1080p monitor also reported that it played full screen without stretching. There were also a lot more people that reported 1080p vs 4k, so the system's confidence score in 1080p being the right answer was chosen.

I think the confusion may be due to the wording here, which I may update. I think it might be more accurate if it said it appears to support at least 1920x1080 resolution.

Cheers for the detailed response. As I said though it's a tricky question to ask as you either have to expect the respondent to have a certainly level of knowledge or just deal with a simpler question they can definitely answer and hope that the majority can answer correctly. There always will be a percentages of errors hence why I didn't fully suggest the aspect ratio selections I had in mind as I'd bet most in here would cock that up.

The great take away is that people are using it and as time goes on the data is only going to get stronger. But yeah 'At Least x Resolution' would be great.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

So, Confrontation. That new FMV adventure game.

You know, this game:

ss_fd59769dab84005dd2cc30a3a49bedd1950a6ea1.600x338.jpg
ss_f33622ad529f91fcd66d6eda02e5609445b277c0.600x338.jpg

It's done by Tim Follin.
You know, the legendary computer musician Tim Follin?
This Tim Follin:

Gauntlet III, Ghost 'n' Goblins, Agent X II
Ghouls 'N' Ghosts Amiga
Time Trax Genesis

That came out of left field... Totally did not expect that, the guy said he was done with video games after years of making amazing soundtracks and barely scraping a living.

The music in the game was good, but I didn't know anything about this. Interesting.

rookiejet

I agree but they need to fix the join problems. The connection is great once you are in there and changing for frame delay based on latency but connecting isn't always easy.

Yeah, Steamworks integration is BADLY needed tbh (hopefully the patch is out soon). Weirdly enough, it doesn't seem to have discouraged people as much as you'd expect it too, I can still find people to play. The game's just that fun I guess.

Sober

For Wolf: The New Order, if I re-play it on Uber difficulty through chapter select (starting from the beginning but basically NG+) will that pop the achievement by the end or do I need to do a fresh new game?

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Is there a way to rename a user that's not in your friendlist? Purpose is to identify someone that's constantly renaming himself in a P2P game for example.

SF4's training stage was the dullest, most boring stage created by man. So seeing it return for SFV is the second thing that's gotten me a bit down about the game.

It's there for practical purposes methinks. The grid on the ground helps visualize spacing and attack ranges. Skullgirls does the same thing IIRC.

Grief.exe

Is there a way to rename a user that's not in your friendlist? Purpose is to identify someone that's constantly renaming himself in a P2P game for example.

Right-click add nickname.

I use it to identify people who have given me gifts on GAF.

SF4's training stage was the dullest, most boring stage created by man. So seeing it return for SFV is the second thing that's gotten me a bit down about the game.

May be boring, but it seems very useful for testing all of the mechanics.

Jawmuncher

Yeah it's a shame that's the training stage again, would be nice if MAYBE we can pick any stage we want. Regardless I was able to try all the characters currently available and play one match before I disconnected.

I got bodied by an M. Bison but i liked what I did play. Remind me more of SFIII since there's no Ultras, and the V Trigger mechanic seems cool. Just wish there was a better circumstance to play. Because i'm not trying to get in again after spending 2 hours mashing on X.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
For Wolf: The New Order, if I re-play it on Uber difficulty through chapter select (starting from the beginning but basically NG+) will that pop the achievement by the end or do I need to do a fresh new game?
You can actually just replay the last level on uber to unlock it fine (a wonderful design decision they kept in The Old Blood) so I suspect the NG+ route will work as well.

robotrock

Banned
I think for the last month or so Steam was displaying comments all wrong, but now they are displaying them properly again. I went from four pages of comments to thirteen.

Uzzy

It's there for practical purposes methinks. The grid on the ground helps visualize spacing and attack ranges. Skullgirls does the same thing IIRC.

May be boring, but it seems very useful for testing all of the mechanics.

Oh sure, the grid is useful for testing out the mechanics and training. It's still visually dull though. Skullgirls and MvC have the same thing, but do it better than the grey blur we're getting in SFV.

Yeah it's a shame that's the training stage again, would be nice if MAYBE we can pick any stage we want. Regardless I was able to try all the characters currently available and play one match before I disconnected.

I got bodied by an M. Bison but i liked what I did play. Remind me more of SFIII since there's no Ultras, and the V Trigger mechanic seems cool. Just wish there was a better circumstance to play. Because i'm not trying to get in again after spending 2 hours mashing on X.

Glad to hear you got a game. Sucks that the server issues are so big now though, I was looking forward to watching a lot of streams of the game this weekend, but all I can watch now are shattered dreams and salt. Maximilian's sad face is not fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom