• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

I can already see mass refunding if Zestiria doesn't reach the third unlock tier. Even if it doesn't, Namco should just give Symphonia anyway so that doesn't happen.

Wok

I have stuttering/freezing during cutscenes of The Witcher 3, pretty much like these guys:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-around-15-minutes-sound-keeps-playing/page22

I am going to try this fix and hope for the best:
Navigate to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\Documents\The Witcher 3 and open user.settings with notepad++ or notepad.

Navigate to line

MovieFramerate=30

and change 30 to 60. Save, and exit.

If you have any info about this, I would be glad to hear about it.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/699808-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/71833788

Damn, the prices of Arkham Knight bombed so damn hard that you can now get a Nvidia key for 10-12$. DAMN. I admit I'm quite tempted lol

Where? Do you still have MGSV?

Shadownet

Banned
finally finished downloading ESO... now to spend 6 hours at the character creation screen... yes I'm one of those.

Halp GAF. Classes, Alliances, Races. #MMOProblems

Anteater

well those mustache's gotta go geralt

geraltmustacheves9v.jpg

Kmk7ZQ0.jpg

Sch1sm

finally finished downloading ESO... now to spend 6 hours at the character creation screen... yes I'm one of those.

Halp GAF. Classes, Alliances, Races. #MMOProblems

Aldmeri Bosmer for me, even if the Bosmer are the worst sort of race.

I guess, think of what you want to be in terms of primary attacks. Archer, mage, boring old slashslashslasher? Decide your race from there. Races are thrown into specific alliances as is, so there's no worry there.

ArjanN

Well it's trucking along at 1% a day so even if that stays the same and there isn't a dip in sale or a tail end resurgence it should make 100% a couple of days before release. Though after Defiance went it's whole pre purchase campaign barely getting to tier 1 and then suddenly in the last 2 days cleared all 3 tiers I get the feeling pubs can adjust the requirements as and when they see fit. Not that I reckon Scamco would want to give Symphonia away for free mind.

I think they probably can adjust the rate, although it does make sense that most of the pre-orders are right at the start and near the end, similar to the curve you see with kickstarter campaigns.

I keep hoping they'll add controller support for the PC version of ESO. They've said they'll look into it or whatever but no idea if it's got any farther along than that. When I did play I chose Imperial because I bought the Imperial Edition and figured better make it worth the purchase. I'll probably try to get into it again sometime.

Shadownet

Banned
Aldmeri Bosmer for me, even if the Bosmer are the worst sort of race.
are we talking about the same game here?

Hehe, nice! I probably won't pick it up during this sale, as I have tons of stuff to play first, but I'm very, very interested on it, and it might well be my very first MMORPG! :D
Really? Man I can't even remember my first MMO, I feel like I tried almost every MMO in existence since I knew what video games was.

The earliest one I could remember is WoW and Runescape. Runescape was the shit back in elementary and middle schools.
7-10 years ago

Deques

I am trying to use SAM to lock some achievements, but it seems to remain unlocked. Is it not possible anymore to lock achieves anymore?

edit: nvm, got it to work

Just to be clear, I wasn't 100% serious :)

But seriously $10 for Batman AK is good gamble. It's not bad game, just poor PC port. (afaik, I'm waiting for patch).

Edit: Another factor driving NVIDIA codes down is that they expire, since you don't get Steam-key.

If not steam, what codes do you get???

Dr Dogg

I am trying to use SAM to lock some achievements, but it seems to remain unlocked. Is it not possible anymore to lock achieves anymore?

Depends on the game and how the achievement is unlocked I've found. If it's just a flag that the game ticks then you can relock them no probs but if it's from something that is tracked in the achievement stats (you can see them in SAM) then it usually unlocks again when you try to relock it, plus other oddities that I'm not aware of as well. Ori was a pain due to having bugged achievements to start that I went and relocked everything and started again but it went mental and unlocked loads at once.

If not steam, what codes do you get???

probably the usual "Go to this website listed here and enter your promo code then we'll send you an actual key"

I have to. Races are locked right?

The Explorer's Pack lets you play as any race in any alliance (I think it's sold on the Crown Store)...not 100% sure

also with the Imperial Edition you can play as an Imperial in any alliance too

Khronico

I have to. Races are locked right?

Oh yeah your right I think.

Go ahead and add me to your friendslist (@khronico) if you want

--

Anyone have any recommendations for good steam local mp games? I'm hosting a game night and I'm wondering which ones I should prioritize/skip. Right now I have:

Risk of Rain (apparently local coop?)
Fight the Dragon
RE6
Hammerwatch
KOF2002&XIII
Legend of Dungeon
Monaco
Orcs Must Die 2
Sonic ASRT
How to Survive
Brawlhalla
Jamestown
Lego Marvel
Talisman
Mercenary Kings

Eila

The Metal Slug games are fantastic co-op games.
I've heard good things about Nidhogg, but I've never even installed it.
Sonic All Star Racing Transformed is apparently 4 player splitscreen on PC.

The Metal Slug games are fantastic co-op games.
I've heard good things about Nidhogg, but I've never even installed it.
Sonic All Star Racing Transformed is apparently 4 player splitscreen on PC.

Nidhogg is fun! Servers are terrible though, at least in my experience. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom