• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoplx

Looks like it has something to do with a password change exploit, allowing someone to access an account by bypassing Steam Guard emails. Seems like only Steam Guard mobile is exempt from it.

Unless I read something wrong this exploit only allows people to change other accounts passwords, not actually access their accounts (unless you don't have steam guard on at all)

pahamrick

It's fixed now.

Basically it accepted empty value ("") as password reset code.

Yeah, that's like first thing you should check.

Holy shit Valve. Amateur hour.

Unless I read something wrong this exploit only allows people to change other accounts passwords, not actually access their accounts (unless you don't have steam guard on at all)

Hm. Doesn't explain how people were able to get into accounts and clear out the inventories and run up charges on connected payment methods then.

Spyware

Yeah, they did. But only once, I get it everytime and it never actually boots the game.
Aaah, I didn't catch that. Sorry.
Last time I resinstalled Windows, and some other time too, I had really strange problems with random stuff. It felt like I didn't have admin rights at all, and no programs did either. Another reinstall always fixes it. If it's only the DirectX stuff that's borked, it might possibly help to download the "DirectX End-User Runtime"?

Echoplx

Hm. Doesn't explain how people were able to get into accounts and clear out the inventories and run up charges on connected payment methods then.

Well if those people had Steam Guard disabled then it would explain that. Even if someone knows your password they still need to use Steam Guard to login from a new device.

Deitus

Hello everyone, as you may or may not know. I am the secret hidden mystery artist for the SteamGAF project. As of today I am officially a GAF-er and so, for a special #Screenshot Saturday have a super secret photo for the project. Witness the delightful galpals in a candid moment !

Splendid! I hope to get to know you all much more in the up coming months !

Welcome to GAF! It's nice to finally meet the one behind the awesome SteamGAF VN art.

Sober

Gamesplanet summer sale Last Chance Sunday started.
Yes, it's the encore day you've all been waiting for.
Haven't bought anything from there but sometimes the UK/DE/FR stores have different prices, what's up with that and should I just find the one with the lowest price assuming a region-free key?

Anteater

I'm enjoying borderlands

grief and turfster be damned

I'd go all day for you.

TBB4DMh.gif

Aaah, I didn't catch that. Sorry.
Last time I resinstalled Windows, and some other time too, I had really strange problems with random stuff. It felt like I didn't have admin rights at all, and no programs did either. Another reinstall always fixes it. If it's only the DirectX stuff that's borked, it might possibly help to download the "DirectX End-User Runtime"?

I guess it can't hurt.
thinking.gif

started playing ys vi the ark of napishtim today, feels like i will have to grind a lot like the first Ys where if i didnt have a specific level i did 0 damage to enemies , the game seems like it will be fun anyway but not as fun as Felghana and Origins

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So it's less than a week until next month's thread will go live, and so far I've only received a single recommendation: Way of the Samurai 4 from Kurt Russell for next month's "You May Have Missed" section. Ozium sent me a 3 sentence review for a game that is unfortunately ineligible due to the fact that a Steam release nor release date have been confirmed by the developers of this particular title.

What I'm saying is, I need content for next month's OP or it's going to look a little sparse. So pick a game (with a Steam release date in August) and PM me a paragraph or so about why you're hyped for it. Or, if you've played a game that released this month and wasn't part of the July OP, you can PM me your recommendation for the game for the "You May Have Missed" section.

Thanks in advance! With your help, we can make the August OP great.

So it's less than a week until next month's thread will go live, and so far I've only received a single recommendation: Way of the Samurai 4 from Kurt Russell for next month's "You May Have Missed" section.

Oh, I missed it alright. I begged you all to get me an extra copy at the sale price! I begged you! ;_;

Uzzy

So I was pointed in the direction of this video, detailing some of the basics for a game currently in development called Arms of Telos. Looks like a pretty neat team based fps, fast paced, lots of jumping and grappling. Also, the spider tanks you pilot are totally not Tachikoma's. At all.

And this has nothing to do with the Laughing Man symbol.

So it's less than a week until next month's thread will go live, and so far I've only received a single recommendation: Way of the Samurai 4 from Kurt Russell for next month's "You May Have Missed" section. Ozium sent me a 3 sentence review for a game that is unfortunately ineligible due to the fact that a Steam release nor release date have been confirmed by the developers of this particular title.

What I'm saying is, I need content for next month's OP or it's going to look a little sparse. So pick a game (with a Steam release date in August) and PM me a paragraph or so about why you're hyped for it. Or, if you've played a game that released this month and wasn't part of the July OP, you can PM me your recommendation for the game for the "You May Have Missed" section.

Turns out there's two Cyberpunk games out next month, Satellite Reign and Shadowrun: Hong Kong. So I'll send you something for them both.

started playing ys vi the ark of napishtim today, feels like i will have to grind a lot like the first Ys where if i didnt have a specific level i did 0 damage to enemies , the game seems like it will be fun anyway but not as fun as Felghana and Origins

I found Ark to be the worst one. I mean they even added some treasures where you need some kind of "glitch"(actually its some jump-technique, that is hard to pull of) to reach them.
So if you failed to do it, you usually fall down a level and have to walk back and try it again...

Yeah, it is a lot grindy, especially the latter half. >_>

Keep in mind that it is the precursor to the Origin and Oath battle system as they are both much refined and improved. It's interesting to also note how much Falcom improved upon Ark, also 2 of the boss fights are pretty great. I loved one of the end fights.
I found Ark to be the worst one. I mean they even added some treasures where you need some kind of "glitch"(actually its some jump-technique, that is hard to pull of) to reach them.
So if you failed to do it, you usually fall down a level and have to walk back and try it again...
Dash jumping is easy once you know how to perform it. It was only difficult during the first 30 attempts, but once I learned the trick to it, it was a cinch every time. I don't think I failed performing it after learning the right timing.

Buraindo

Hello everyone, as you may or may not know. I am the secret hidden mystery artist for the SteamGAF project. As of today I am officially a GAF-er and so, for a special #Screenshot Saturday have a super secret photo for the project.
Splendid! I hope to get to know you all much more in the up coming months !

Welcome Sayara! Hope you enjoy your stay.

Well I hit my first wall on Valdis Story. Getting stun locked is no fun and I must be missing something because enemies keep on re-spawning in this room and the door is locked.
I decided to try The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II and that seems like more of the same. Except flashier.

Ozium sent me a 3 sentence review for a game that is unfortunately ineligible due to the fact that a Steam release nor release date have been confirmed by the developers of this particular title.

it was devil's turd as he likes to call it, wasn't it? i bet my left nut it was devil's turd.

Dash jumping is easy once you know how to perform it. It was only difficult during the first 30 attempts, but once I learned the trick to it, it was a cinch every time. I don't think I failed performing it after learning the right timing.

I still dont have a clue how to do it, especially with the 360 pad.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Turns out there's two Cyberpunk games out next month, Satellite Reign and Shadowrun: Hong Kong. So I'll send you something for them both.

Thanks, looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

What's coming in August?

I know Armikrog... but I'm not sure beyond that and I'm too lazy to go make a list. :p

Corpekata

Banned
Was browsing the coming soon for titles and saw OlliOlli 2 is hitting "summer." I hadn't realized the PC release had even been formally announced.

Parsnip

I'm very interested in Volume, but can't for the life of me write a paragraph on why that is.

Seems like a narrative rich stealth game that kind of looks like MGS VR missions. :p

header.jpg

Corpekata

Banned
Some notable August titles:

One Piece Pirates
Celestian Tales (that's the Suikoden alike Kickstarter)
Volume (Mike Bithell's followup to Thomas Was Alone)
Armikrog
Sattelite Reign
Shadowrun

jshackles

What's coming in August?

I know Armikrog... but I'm not sure beyond that and I'm too lazy to go make a list. :p

So I guess I posted this at the right time and got enough people's attention. Here's what I have pledged so far:
  • Armikrog - Dog Problems
  • Close Your Eyes - Dusk Golem
  • Satellite Reign - Uzzy
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Uzzy
and for "You May Have Missed":
  • Way of the Samurai 4 - Kurt Russell
  • King's Quest - jshackles

Some other notable games releasing next month:
  • Overlord: Fellowship of Evil
  • One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
  • Legend of Kay Anniversary
  • Celestian Tales
  • Volume
  • Lots more

So I guess I posted this at the right time and got enough people's attention. Here's what I have pledged so far:
  • Armikrog - Dog Problems
  • Close Your Eyes - Dusk Golem
  • Satellite Reign - Uzzy
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Uzzy
and for "You May Have Missed":
  • Way of the Samurai 4 - Kurt Russell
  • King's Quest - jshackles

Some other notable games releasing next month:
  • Overlord: Fellowship of Evil
  • One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
  • Legend of Kay Anniversary
  • Celestian Tales
  • Volume
  • Lots more

You forgot Temper Tantrum 2.

jshackles

Armikrog , Shadowrun: Hong Kong and Legend of Kay are the only ones really on my radar for next month.

Then you should PM me about a paragraph as to why exactly Legend of Kay is on your radar. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom