• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

borderlands's art is amazingballs

interesting how they turn it around using celshading

whuw5.jpg
i9uir.jpg
c8uhn.jpg

w1upn.jpg
yhumx.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
August is about Volume and Shadowrun for me :)

I still don't have anyone writing about Volume, if you'd like to take it on let me know.

Not only for Nvidia users.

The automatic update also updated my graphic cards driver for my 280x and it caused some problems...

I had a restart happen and when it came back up, the drivers were acting like a fresh install for my nvidia card, but nothing after that, no side effects, etc.

And again, I know there are games that aren't working with DS4windows at the moment, but in my limited gaming since I've moved to windows 10, I have not seen any issues.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Finally got Fallout 3 goty working on windows 8.1 with mods and zero go minimal crashing. Only downside is that it's stuck in windowed mode but fuck it, I'll take what I can get.

I had a restart happen and when it came back up, the drivers were acting like a fresh install for my nvidia card, but nothing after that, no side effects, etc.

And again, I know there are games that aren't working with DS4windows at the moment, but in my limited gaming since I've moved to windows 10, I have not seen any issues.

I still think its far too early to release W10.
I had some problems that Windows always sets my icons to 200% after a reboot and that I had to turn on the TV first so that windows acknowledges there is a HDMI cable connected to it and it has just been fixed with the new update from 2 days ago.

I also dont have a clue why Windows Update wants to update to the newest drivers. For the AMD drivers it updates to the newest Beta drivers which is a stupid decision...

i hate when i have those moments when i want to play a game (witcher 3) but at the same time i don't want to cause i know im going to get really invested into my session and ill end up going to sleep at nearly 2am like i did yesterday

Anteater

i hate when i have those moments when i want to play a game (witcher 3) but at the same time i don't want to cause i know im going to get really invested into my session and ill end up going to sleep at nearly 2am like i did yesterday

nothing wrong with going to sleep at 2am

nothing wrong with going to sleep at 2am

but then i wake up nearly as 12pm, i don't like waking up that late. besides i got work around that time too so i'd have to be in a rush. tmrw night is a different story tho, i mean i still don't like waking up that late but i got nothing to do monday so its okay

iosefe

assuming Jays2King is as awesome as i hope he is, Win 10 will be a great opportunity to switch to DS4Windows over InputMapper

*i have never tried inputmapper. never needed to

iosefe

Is this problem unique to the DS4, or are MS controllers the only ones working right now? I'm still using a DS3.

the issue is the inability to intercept and hide the direct input input in windows 10, leading to double input in certain games

Corpekata

Banned
It's going to affect any controller that is directinput by default that you use software to trick the PC into thinking is Xinput in games that also support directinput.

Shadownet

Banned
Other stuff coming next month:

Submerged is a third-person combat-free game in which you explore a mysterious flooded city and discover the beauty of desolation in vast outdoor environments. You take on the role of Miku, a young girl who has brought her wounded brother to the city in their small fishing boat.

Ravenmark: Scourge of Estellion is a turn-based wargame, where strategic troop placement is essential to succeed, but this is just one of the many choices you will face while fighting your way through your many battles!

Crookz - The Big Heist is a tactical strategy game set in the funky 1970’s with a slick and groovy atmosphere. Show off the art of thieving by plotting stylish heists and robberies; utilizing espionage and quick-thinking to avoid detection.

DEAD IN BERMUDA is a survival management game with RPG and adventure elements. Lead a team of 8 survivors from a plane crash. Assign them to tasks, gain experience, develop your survival skills, research and craft new items, explore the island and solve its mysteries.

Shadownet

Banned
My birthday is not for a short while. But I can't wait till then to give back something to you guys, so here it is.

I'm doing 23 giveaways. There are only 5 rules.
1. Please only enter for games you don't have.
2. Once you win something, you are no longer eligible to win any other giveaways. So think about and make sure that it is the game you want. Maybe the next one might be better.
3. I reserve the right to take off any name that was entered if I find out you're a lurker or whatever.
4. Each giveaway will most likely be either 24 hours or until people stop entering. Whatever happen first. I will give a warning post before I close up the giveaway.
5. Don't wish me Happy Birthday yet. If you do, I will send ninjas and spiders after you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please quote to reveal the link, input your name and good luck!

Giveaway #24: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood *LAST ONE!* (Bonus)

Finally bought Stanley Parable in the new bundle.

Played it earlier today and enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

I got probably about 6 different endings. I was impressed at how many different ways it would surprise me and how vastly different the endings can be. Charming narration and a really interesting experience.

Other stuff coming next month:

Submerged is a third-person combat-free game in which you explore a mysterious flooded city and discover the beauty of desolation in vast outdoor environments. You take on the role of Miku, a young girl who has brought her wounded brother to the city in their small fishing boat.

This looks like Ico or Shadow of the Colossus.

DarKshodaN

So i am on Windows 10, and i use Inputmapper for my DS4.
Tested a few Games with it, and all worked flawless.

Which Games are not working with it?

Tizoc

So it's less than a week until next month's thread will go live, and so far I've only received a single recommendation: Way of the Samurai 4 from Kurt Russell for next month's "You May Have Missed" section. Ozium sent me a 3 sentence review for a game that is unfortunately ineligible due to the fact that a Steam release nor release date have been confirmed by the developers of this particular title.

What I'm saying is, I need content for next month's OP or it's going to look a little sparse. So pick a game (with a Steam release date in August) and PM me a paragraph or so about why you're hyped for it. Or, if you've played a game that released this month and wasn't part of the July OP, you can PM me your recommendation for the game for the "You May Have Missed" section.

Thanks in advance! With your help, we can make the August OP great.

I'm gonna try and send you 2 write ups if I have the time to do them ^^;

O

Crookz - The Big Heist is a tactical strategy game set in the funky 1970’s with a slick and groovy atmosphere. Show off the art of thieving by plotting stylish heists and robberies; utilizing espionage and quick-thinking to avoid detection.

The thing that jumped out at me while watching that trailer is Ron "The Hedgehog" Jeremy has a starring role.

Knurek

Dark Souls is a well known one.
I think Knurek said the LEGO games maybe?

LEGO Lord of the Rings was constantly switching from X360 controller icons to Dinput Button 1/2/3/etc. Looking at the executables, same thing will happen in all other LEGO titles (all have dinput8.dll string in their exes)
Dark Souls doesn't work at all - messed face buttons, constantly spinning camera, etc.
Jay2Kings says every Unity game will have problems - Ori, Grow Home, Broforce, Crawl, Oddworld: New'n Tasty, a lot more.

Khronico

Yo local game nights are great. Played a bunch of hammerwatch which is a great 4 player game, played risk of rain as well which is super good with 4 players (albeit a bit too chaotic).

I forgot just how fun it is to play splitscreen with a group of people.

I want to play KF2, but no good servers are up. :(

Maybe i'll play solo and level up, but I end up dying, stupid crawlers. >_>

Back to shadow warrior and those awesome fortune cookies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom