• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Welp SteamGAF I think that I will go and buy PS+ (3 months) next week even though I don't own any PlayStation products. This month there are two games that I want to play on PS+ promotion (Rocket League and Styx) so I think that it is time to start building my PS4 library. Deal is too good to pass.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Welp SteamGAF I think that I will go and buy PS+ (3 months) next week even though I don't own any PlayStation products. This month there are two games that I want to play on PS+ promotion (Rocket League and Styx) so I think that it is time to start building my PS4 library. Deal is too good to pass.

I bought a 12-month PS+ subscription shortly after buying a PS4 earlier in the year, but I can't say any of the bonus games are ones that I could deduct from the cost of the sub in an effort to say it's been worth it.

ExoSoul

Banned
fuck this puzzle in particular

Not asking for any hints per se as I want to figure it out, but wtf. you need to block all light streams at once, but how eludes me. Even when you push the block to the right again, it only blocks a part of the light. I could figure out every puzzle pretty fast, but I've been staring at this screen for like an hour

Edit: finally figured it out. what a puzzle, amazing game

Have you reached the end/seen all puzzles?

Also HBD Shadownet

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
happy bday Shadownet!

Have you reached the end/seen all puzzles?

No not at all, still very much working my way through. After a series of small warp rooms I now have access to 3 new puzzles and they're all pretty hard again, haven't solved any of them yet. I'm taking a break now. I hope I can solve everything without a guide.

Now I'm here, have to do this with only 2 clones

JxINSnQ.jpg

Just beaten Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light with local co-op.
That was fun, with challenging fights and puzzles which are designed for co-op. Too bad it's rather short though, 7 hours without completing everything (10/12). I'll keep my eyes on the Osiris Temple sale in the future. Now, back to Skyforge.

Oh, and happy birthday Shadownet!

*grumbles* You know what day it is. Good luck. Add me on Steam for your prize if you win.

Happy birthday! I've added you on Steam anyway. As much as it sucks to get older, birthdays are always great thanks to cookies, cakes and presents. Usually in that order :p

I bought a 12-month PS+ subscription shortly after buying a PS4 earlier in the year, but I can't say any of the bonus games are ones that I could deduct from the cost of the sub in an effort to say it's been worth it.

For the most part, I agree but I did enjoy playing Resogun. Ground Zeroes convinced me to give the whole series another go, but I'd rather play it on PC so PS+ as a demo of a demo isn't the best selling point. Rocket League is great and its PS+ inclusion meant that I can put off buying the PC version until there's a Rocket Seal.

zkylon

zkylewd
gotta say, i like mercenary kings quite a lot, at least so far

dunno if i'd recommend it cos it really doesn't have the smooth gameplay you'd hope but something about the combination of monster hunter stuff with cute pixelart, relatively low skill requirement and general silliness makes the game really enjoyable for me, even if it's a clear grind

i'll probably get tired of it eventually, but i'm liking it so far

Soulflarz

Banned
Worked for me. Is your PayPal account verified?

I believe it is? (Then again, how do I go about checking that nowadays on their new layout)

you may like it, like a smoker likes cigarettes, but i know better what's good for you and i'm not letting you near that poison

JaseC encourages my bad smoking addiction that has very long monologues about new york minutes and despair <3

DO IT! Rocket League is amazing.

Happy Birthday Shadownet!

Got a question that baffles me every time I watch a broadcast on Steam.
How the hell do you close it? I can't find any button to turn it off and making it pop out and then close the window doesnt work either. What I have to do is go to another page in the client and then press X when it gets docked down to the lower right corner. This though doesn't seem to work every time.

Am I blind or is this just Steam's amazing work as always with the client?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Endless Space Emperor Edition -- MB-90EC0EC836FA7041 - Taken by The Dear Leader

Tizoc

My god, the bosses in Freedom Planet make me want to tear my hair out >_<

I don't remember having this much bother in sonic games!
I rather liked the bosses in FP, moreso than Shovel Knights. Granted some are an irritance but nothing hair ripping for me =3

Mind you bosses in the OG Sonic games on the Gensis/MD were indeed easy but mainly because they had simple patterns.
FP is similar, figure out the patterns to not get hit a lot and attack accordingly.

derExperte

Anodyne done. No idea what the story was about, half of the dungeons were dull and felt like the designers didn't want to think up puzzle so instead made you run a lot while the controls were too imprecise when timing was necessary. And I only realized in the end you could just jump back to the hub via the menu, would've saved me some time. So not the best experience. Music was lovely though. Generously a 6/10.

Also Knightmare Tower, that was great, almost no grind, unlocks and progress all the time and skill gets rewarded. 9/10 considering what it is.

Battleblock Theater: 7/10, later levels were much better and the few coop games were great. The whole game needed to be, I don't know, tighter? Cut 1/3rd of the story mode, make me access levels faster and so on. Felt overproduced if that makes any sense.

Chivalry: RAAAAAAAHHHAHAHHAHBRGL/10

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition (GOG) -- MB-60EEE6FB1E28D2F2 - Taken by bobnowhere. 7 entrants total.

t1437920058z1.png

Time to get rid of this little guy

Madn

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madn, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-662811A88B190F29 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo

Ruruja

Happy Birthday Shadownet!

Got a question that baffles me every time I watch a broadcast on Steam.
How the hell do you close it? I can't find any button to turn it off and making it pop out and then close the window doesnt work either. What I have to do is go to another page in the client and then press X when it gets docked down to the lower right corner. This though doesn't seem to work every time.

Am I blind or is this just Steam's amazing work as always with the client?

Have you pressed Esc?

EDIT: Nevermind I misread. Yes it seems the change page and close the docked thing with X is the way. Is that so much of an issue?

Dr Dogg

The combination of a Buzzer and a M79 grenade launcher in Far Cry 4 has me cackling with laughter as I carpet bomb outposts in my shonky gyrocopter from up above. Even on hard difficulty it's a cakewalk to the extent I let reinforcements arrive so I can blast them clean off the map too.

Oddly since I picked this back up again (well actually I started a fresh as I has no idea where the story was going) I've been more inclined to clear the map out and do the side missions than the main content. Christ even coop with randoms is bearable, well in then once in a blue moon someone else is logged into Uplay the same time as me.

Shadownet

Banned
Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. Weirdly enough I got super depressed yesterday when I realized I just got older, I guess this is what true adulthood birthday feels like. Felt better now that I slept on it.

Also ManPuncher gave me the most appropriate game for my birthday.. Despair. Kudo.

Pachimari

I'm still unsure if I wanna upgrade to Windows 10 next week. It doesn't bother me that it doesn't have support for Dual Shock 4, as I will be using a Xbox 360 / Steam / Elite controller anyway. But the automatic updates I'm not too fond of.

Congratulations with your birthday Shadownet. :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I've now encountered a second bug in AssCreed Rogue that's going to prevent me from hitting 100% completion. You had one job, Ubi.

Edit: Oh, wait, I haven't overtaken the fort yet. Still, though, there's no fixing that first bug (the game thinks I've not synchronised a viewpoint even though I've done so multiple times).

dex3108

Well if 1 month is 5-6$ for me it is good deal for this month. And we will see what future will bring :D

I just don't know is it even possible to activate PS+ card and purchase anything on store via web if you don't have registered console.

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. Weirdly enough I got super depressed yesterday when I realized I just got older, I guess this is what true adulthood birthday feels like. Felt better now that I slept on it.

Also ManPuncher gave me the most appropriate game for my birthday.. Despair. Kudo.

You're still a kid at 23. Source : I'm 10 years older and I would know :p

Happy birthday dude.

The third Transformers game is about $8 in the Gamesplanet sale. Probably the cheapest it has ever been thanks to the weak Euro. Picked it up because Activision licensed game.

I've now encountered a second bug in AssCreed Rogue that's going to prevent me from hitting 100% completion. You had one job, Ubi.

Edit: Oh, wait, I haven't overtaken the fort yet. Still, though, there's no fixing that first bug (the game thinks I've not synchronised a viewpoint even though I've done so multiple times).

And yet we can't get you to play the Witcher 3. Sadness all around.

I take it there's no way to check the region restriction of a key? I'm trying to get rid of an Inversion key I bought from Amazon a while back but it's got restrictions and I don't know what they are.

Catshade

I take it there's no way to check the region restriction of a key? I'm trying to get rid of an Inversion key I bought from Amazon a while back but it's got restrictions and I don't know what they are.

AFAIK the Amazon Inversion key is restricted to North America (Mexico-US-Canada).

derExperte

More people should play Beatbuddy, only 8% completed level 3 and imo it's great.

And wtf, my rare Goat Sim cheevos all got suddenly replaced by ones from Snow. I do not approve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom