• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

This is it. We reached the end of the line, the internet is running out. Scientists warned us, but we didn't stop. The USA bought a few years by attacking Iran and taking their internet. But in the end it's just a finite ressource. This is the end of the modern world. A few weeks and society will eat itself. Without the internet the crazies will re-enter real life and those who have forgotten them will fall. It was nice knowing you all.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is it. We reached the end of the line, the internet is running out. Scientists warned us, but we didn't stop. The USA bought a few years by attacking Iran and taking their internet. But in the end it's just a finite ressource. This is the end of the modern world. A few weeks and society will eat itself. Without the internet the crazies will re-enter real life and those who have forgotten them will fall. It was nice knowing you all.

The internet isn't allowed to die until I finally experience a real internet connection.

The internet isn't allowed to die until I finally experience a real internet connection.

Where are you from? Some contintents and specially some countries have god awful internet connections. Where I come from we don't even have symmetric speeds for upload and download.

Sometimes upload is just a 10% of the download speed

Pachimari

How sad nobody wanna buy my New Nintendo 3DS. Maybe I put the asking price too high. I set it at $368 including 20 games. The normal price for the N3DS alone is $220.

Anteater

witcher3_2015_07_27_0nos0v.jpg

from Geralt's expression, you can tell he's very impressed with his new haircut

I read that there's another barber in Novigrad, that shall be my next destination.

Jazz573

Here's the description for that gorilla dating sim:

Original:

Google Play Store said:
「わたしのピンチを救ったのは一匹のゴリラでしたー…」
ボディーガードとして雇われたのは凄腕のゴリラ
少女を守るべく、熱いドラミングで敵を追い払う!
ゴリラと少女が出会う時、愛の物語が動き出す…

◆ 見どころ
・ゴリラとの絆を育む恋愛シミュレーション型放置ゲーム
・敵をタップで追い払って彼女を守ろう!
・二人の絆が深まるとゴリラとの甘い思い出イラストがゲットできるよ!
・プレイ2週目以降になるとゴリラ語翻訳機能がアンロックされるよ
・エンディングは全3種類! あなたの選択で運命が変わる…

◆ こんな方におすすめ!
・屈強なゴリラが好き
・ゴリラに守られたい
・ゴリラなしじゃ生きられない

果たしてこの恋の行方は…?

Translation:

Google Play Store said:
"Over was one animal of gorilla that saved my pinch ..."
I was hired as a bodyguard gorilla handedly
In order to protect the girl, to ward off the enemy in hot drumming!
When the gorilla and the girl meet, love story starts to move ...

◆ Highlights
- Love simulation type game left to nurture ties with gorilla
· I will protect her with drove by tapping the enemy!
- Two people and bond deepens sweet memories illustrations of the gorilla can be get!
- When it comes to playing the second week after gorilla translation function is unlocked
Ending is all three! Fate changes in your choice ...

◆ Recommended for this!
- I like hefty gorilla
· I want to be protected by gorilla
I can not live without 's Gorilla

Really whereabouts of this love is ...?

JaseC

Where are you from? Some contintents and specially some countries have god awful internet connections. Where I come from we don't even have symmetric speeds for upload and download.

Sometimes upload is just a 10% of the download speed

I live in a small coastal town in Western Australia. A fibre rollout is in currently in the final stages (September 23rd is the expected date the area will be declared ready for service, but I'm hoping the cabinet I'm connected to will be declared RFS sooner), however for the past ~11 years I've been on an ADSL connection that generally syncs at around 6Mbps and it was only last October that I finally moved up from the speed tier that imposed an artificial upload speed cap of 384Kbps (my upload speed is now ~1Mbps). Since my exchange -- which is ~3.5KM away -- doesn't have any third-party hardware, there aren't a lot of options when it comes to high-quota plans: you either pay through the nose for a reputable ISP or opt for a cheaper ISP at the cost of speed and latency consistency, although that being said my cheap ISP of choice recently forced me up from a $50pm 500GB plan to a $90pm 1000GB plan as it's trying to reposition itself as a "premium" ISP in the wake of the Netflix AU launch, which completely blindsided service providers (none were prepared for the massive uptick in bandwidth usage).

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Happy birthday Shadownet. Remember, it's not about how old you are, it's how many year's you've been successful at getting another chance to celebrate life and be silly.

Main takeaway actually is ALWAYS USE STEAMGUARD

It's why they worry about our security and every time improve protection Steam Guard

Black and White article on Eurogamer. I quite liked this game as a kid, though I always had difficulty getting it to run.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-26-black-and-white-combined-the-sublime-with-the-stupid

Three.jpg.jpg

So two weapon loadouts, double-jump, but no strafe jumping, and no ranked matches.

Are there forced ADS mechanics?

They are fun, but this is coming from someone who loves Gears of War. I think executions just happen if you melee someone in the red glow. They should make them like Halo assassination animations, so you have to hold the melee button down to get it. TTK is noticeably longer than Halo 4's, but not hugely so. It's very fast paced, but I wouldn't call it a twitch shooter. If a bad player gets the jump on you, you can still swing it around. That said, you can get into some pretty great player duels. There is ADS, I never used it, did very well anyways. Someone on my team mentioned a battle rifle(Halo) type gun burst normal fire, was one shot ADS. Like Right Lifle from Halo 4 I guess. Most weapons here didnt have an alt fire, so ADS I dont think is critical to playing. We only got to play on one map, it played well for the 6v6 TDM we were playing. Plenty of different paths, even hidden ones I only discovered after my first time playing. It had a good flow as well, you quickly could memorize how to play each area in the map. The Demon spawn powerup was appropriately placed in an open spot for teams to fight over. While the rail gun and huge armor pack were a little harder to find. Map never felt too crowded, even when all the player converged. Visibility seems great, can see players across the map just fine.

-Not sure on strafe jumping, circle strafe yes
-No sprint button, movement speed is pretty quick, but feels great
-Shotgun loses damage pretty quickly after a distance. I would shoot players too far and get like 14 damage on them. It's pretty useful in close quarters, maybe a very slight buff would help.
-Yes
-I think so

Even my sister (who only sometimes play mobile games), has noticed Telltale's illusion of choice thing. She then replayed the first episode of GoT without speaking just for laughs.
from Geralt's expression, you can tell he's very impressed with his new haircut

I read that there's another barber in Novigrad, that shall be my next destination.
Ugh, he looks like a JRPG character.

pahamrick

Wasn't sure if I should ask here or the regular Steam Grid Icon thread, figured here gets more traffic though.

Has anyone seen/made a Steam Grid Icon for Shadowrun Hong Kong that matches these for Shadowrun Returns and Dragonfall?

Grief.exe

They are fun, but this is coming from someone who loves Gears of War. I think executions just happen if you melee someone in the red glow. They should make them like Halo assassination animations, so you have to hold the melee button down to get it. TTK is noticeably longer than Halo 4's, but not hugely so. It's very fast paced, but I wouldn't call it a twitch shooter. If a bad player gets the jump on you, you can still swing it around. That said, you can get into some pretty great player duels. There is ADS, I never used it, did very well anyways. Someone on my team mentioned a battle rifle(Halo) type gun burst normal fire, was one shot ADS. Like Right Lifle from Halo 4 I guess. Most weapons here didnt have an alt fire, so ADS I dont think is critical to playing. We only got to play on one map, it played well for the 6v6 TDM we were playing. Plenty of different paths, even hidden ones I only discovered after my first time playing. It had a good flow as well, you quickly could memorize how to play each area in the map. The Demon spawn powerup was appropriately placed in an open spot for teams to fight over. While the rail gun and huge armor pack were a little harder to find. Map never felt too crowded, even when all the player converged. Visibility seems great, can see players across the map just fine.

-Not sure on strafe jumping, circle strafe yes
-No sprint button, movement speed is pretty quick, but feels great
-Shotgun loses damage pretty quickly after a distance. I would shoot players too far and get like 14 damage on them. It's pretty useful in close quarters, maybe a very slight buff would help.
-Yes
-I think so

Interesting.

Actually seems like there is an emphasis on movement without the reliance on ADS combined with double jumping and higher TTKs.

I think people might be jumping the gun a bit with the loadout mechanics.

I missed out on Black and White, it's one of those games I always wanted to play back in the day. That and Giants: Citizen Kabuto.

At least Giants is available on GOG, unlike Black and White.

ModBot 2

Not a Mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of RS4-, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (RS4-, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Contraption Maker -- MB-0C8E476EDA6AF49B - Taken by Saty. 6 entrants total.

t1437934578z1.png

gabbo

I missed out on Black and White, it's one of those games I always wanted to play back in the day. That and Giants: Citizen Kabuto.

It is much like the article says, ambitious to a fault, and that can get in the way of the entertainment.
Giants is just good. The multiplayer is fun too.

Interesting.

Actually seems like there is an emphasis on movement without the reliance on ADS combined with double jumping and higher TTKs.

I think people might be jumping the gun a bit with the loadout mechanics.

At least Giants is available on GOG, unlike Black and White.

I'd love to play B&W again but my disc hasn't been seen in a very long time. I don't know why EA doesn't put it on Origin. Thanks for mentioning that Giants is on GOG. I'll grab that during the next Seal.

Anteater

I liked what I've played from black and white 2

I would buy that game and slap some monkeys if you guys could get them to release it on steam

pahamrick

A spare.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pahamrick, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Endless Space Emperor Edition -- MB-F233981754B55B5A - Taken by gurm3n. 5 entrants total.

t1437933019z1.png

JaseC

I'd love to play B&W again but my disc hasn't been seen in a very long time. I don't know why EA doesn't put it on Origin. Thanks for mentioning that Giants is on GOG. I'll grab that during the next Seal.

Microsoft, by way of owning Lionhead, owns the B&W games, not EA. Ditto for The Movies, which was on Steam until Acti's publishing contract expired.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
happy bday Shadownet!

No not at all, still very much working my way through. After a series of small warp rooms I now have access to 3 new puzzles and they're all pretty hard again, haven't solved any of them yet. I'm taking a break now. I hope I can solve everything without a guide.

Now I'm here, have to do this with only 2 clones

Yo keep this coming, super fascinated to hear about your impressions as you play through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom