• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

I will say the 12 hours GAF was mostly down for made me remember how connected I feel to the place. That's a cheesy-ass thing to say, but it's how I felt, so I guess I'm going cheesy.

nachos.jpg

Great. Now I'm craving nachos.

Jazz573

Also, all of reddit has reopened. :)

A lot of the subreddits I'm subscribed to weren't open, so between that and GAF being down, there wasn't much I could do.

Annubis

So while GAF was down, I finalized the Steam Trading Card stuff for Close Your Eyes, and they're all now in 100%. Got to try each of them on my profile and sporting one of them now on my profile.

But for some reason, at least right now, Close Your Eyes' backgrounds and emotes are worth 100 gems if you turn them into gems. I'm not sure if that's a placeholder or if for some reason Valve decided to make them worth 100 gems. I'm not complaining, but if that actually is the final number I'm wondering why since so few games have stuff worth 100 gems.

As a developer, do you get badges/background/cards of the game you made?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
As a developer, do you get badges/background/cards of the game you made?

A lot of Steam inner-workings I can't talk about because of signing confidential forms that you need to sign to be able to access the developer site of Steam, but there are aspects you can talk about if it's not related to the inner-workings of Steam or about things more known to the public.

On account that I clearly have a Level 5 Close Your Eyes badge now on my profile and am sporting a Close Your Eyes background on my profile, I do think I'm allowed to say yes, but I don't think I'm allowed to go any more specific than that. XD;

This is tricky sometimes.

Arthea

Things I've learnt while gaf was down for whole day:

nobody knows what's going on
my work does suffer from me hanging with steamgaf
activity feed isn't full of gaf is down talk (what's wrong with you people?)
world didn't end, but it was close call
I'm not sure I want HL3 announced
you guys are still the best, even if barely

I wish I could unlearn some of those things

derExperte

A lot of Steam inner-workings I can't talk about because of signing confidential forms that you need to sign to be able to access the developer site of Steam, but there are aspects you can talk about if it's not related to the inner-workings of Steam or about things more known to the public.

On account that I clearly have a Level 5 Close Your Eyes badge now on my profile and am sporting a Close Your Eyes background on my profile, I do think I'm allowed to say yes, but I don't think I'm allowed to go any more specific than that. XD;

This is tricky sometimes.

But y no foil badge?

His twitter is already deleted.
But of course dozens of users had to give him the attetion he craved:

oh well.

And now we're doing exactly the same. Let's stop.

Arthea

could you kindly all stop quoting that stupid thing?

and to think I just said you are the best, I take my words back

Hektor

AHA-Lambda

Oh hurrah, GAF is back up!

Finished Ronin last night, fun game, good challenge and a great mix of MotN & Gunpoint :)

Edit: oh shit we got DDOS'd? :(

I'm almost done with The Marvellous Miss Take. This game really suffers from a control scheme that frequently does stuff I don't want it to do.

It's a shame, because mechanically and level design-wise, it's great.

Lomax

But for some reason, at least right now, Close Your Eyes' backgrounds and emotes are worth 100 gems if you turn them into gems. I'm not sure if that's a placeholder or if for some reason Valve decided to make them worth 100 gems. I'm not complaining, but if that actually is the final number I'm wondering why since so few games have stuff worth 100 gems.

That would put you in rare company, the only non-Valve game I know with 100 gem items is Defiance (though I'm sure there's a few others). Will definitely maintain the value of the items to a greater degree and might result in a bit more money for you in the long term :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom