• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

The dream is dead.
At a least it's on 3DS.
I've actually neverplayed the series, but I can play them all whenever I feel like it. I'm just not big into VNs.

Turfster

Groupees Girls Girls Girls 2 pre-order.
4 games and more for 1$

Possible games: Sword of Asumi and Dreamscape

Humble DRM-Freedom sale (where most games also have steam keys)

GaussTek

The dream is dead.
At a least it's on 3DS.
I've actually neverplayed the series, but I can play them all whenever I feel like it. I'm just not big into VNs.

Play them now!! They are basically Mind Blown: The Game series.

There are also puzzle sections in both games, so they aren't completely VNs (but story is what makes them so good, ofc) :p

Nzyme32

I dont know anything about the exact hat they're getting, but those ingame items can be worth hundreds of dollars, i dont see a reason to dismiss the idea entirely.

I get that, but the real issue here is that people are being offered what is essentially a virtual item that can only be substituted for Monopoly money that only works within Steam. If someone finds an exploit and doesn't find value in that, it is more valuable to them to sell the exploit to someone else for real money, at which point the security of Steam itself is compromised. The whole point of having a system that is offering proper money is to encourage reporting the issue to the service provider and fixing these issues rather than encouraging exploit selling and trading which will be bad for that service and its users

Deitus

Groupees Girls Girls Girls 2 pre-order.
4 games and more for 1$

Possible games: Sword of Asumi and Dreamscape

If this bundle is intended to promote games with female protagonists (which I'm only assuming it is), maybe a name strongly associated with strip clubs wasn't the best choice.

Arthea

wait a second, inspite of costing bloody 60€, Toukiden have mission dlcs, where 4 missions cost 5€?
They think we are made of money, don't they? KECMO clearly need to learn some things, I'm not entirely sure what exactly gave them such idea, they really should read this thread, where Double Dragon being in $2 bundle with some other awesome games is considered too expensive.

Arthea

Starting to feel like visual novels have oversaturated bundles. It's getting up there with hidden object games.

that's overstatement of the century, we never even get good discounts on more expensive ones, let alone in a bundle.
This indiegala bundle is the first good steam VN bundle we ever got.

I don't play those kinds of games but I know about 999 and VLR.

What even hinted that this game, Zero Escape 3, would be on PC without the other 2. 999 isn't even on other platforms yet is it?

In any case. I am wondering if I should get Yatagartsu or Battle Fantasia on the 7th. I will only get one but, then again I don't know if I will get either on release anyway. Probably Yata as I haven't played it yet.

Lain

wait a second, inspite of costing bloody 60€, Toukiden have mission dlcs, where 4 missions cost 5€?
They think we are made of money, don't they? KECMO clearly need to learn some things, I'm not entirely sure what exactly gave them such idea, they really should read this thread, where Double Dragon being in $2 bundle with some other awesome games is considered too expensive.

I wouldn't pay 1$ for Double Dragon Neon but I'd pay the 10€ for the pack with all the missions.
Some things are more enticing than others depending on the individual, I guess.

fantomena

What even hinted that this game, Zero Escape 3, would be on PC without the other 2. 999 isn't even on other platforms yet is it?.

People probably think because some Japanese devs pub games on PC everything will make it to PC or something.

Same thing with Nier 2. There is no hint for it to be on PC, it will be good if it does come to PC, but there's nothing saying it will.

New Steam Client Beta - July 3rd
JÚLIUS 3. - ALFRED
General
Updated the web component to CEF version 43.0.2357.81
Updated the downloads page to show disk usage as MB/sec
Fixed the friends menu items in the right click system menu not setting state correctly when selected

Big Picture
Updated the navigation model when using a game controller, in particular hitting up will no longer escape you from the page you are in
Updated the System Menu (accessed by the Guide button on a game controller) to let you more easily navigate within Big Picture
Made holding down the Guide button on a game controller for more than a second jump you right to the Exit menu
Updated the Friends interface to make more options natively available
Made Web views accessible under options of the main menu popup inline rather than sliding over to the full browser experience

Steam Video
Added a custom video player for watching streaming videos
Enabled playback in Big Picture including controller support
"Playtime" tracking now enabled for streaming videos

Overlay
Improved the friends UI performance with very large friends lists

What even hinted that this game, Zero Escape 3, would be on PC without the other 2. 999 isn't even on other platforms yet is it?

In any case. I am wondering if I should get Yatagartsu or Battle Fantasia on the 7th. I will only get one but, then again I don't know if I will get either on release anyway. Probably Yata as I haven't played it yet.
999 got an iOS release but the puzzles were ripped out. It basically reduced it to a choose your own adventure.

Deitus

Just wishful thinking mostly. Though VLR came out on the Vita despite not having been on a Sony system prior, and for that matter launched in Europe when 999 didn't even have a European release, so the lack of previous games on PC probably wouldn't prevent the new one from coming out here.

Still, it would be quite a longshot.

Oh I didn't know Europe never got 999.

Well, officially anyway. It was region free, so a lot of people imported. And the iOS version was available in Europe I believe, but that came out after VLR.

People probably think because some Japanese devs pub games on PC everything will make it to PC or something.

Same thing with Nier 2. There is no hint for it to be on PC, it will be good if it does come to PC, but there's nothing saying it will.
Ah yes that makes sense, with all the Japanese support lately.

999 got an iOS release but the puzzles were ripped out. It basically reduced it to a choose your own adventure.
That, sounds pretty crappy at least for what I think about with 999.

Just wishful thinking mostly. Though VLR came out on the Vita despite not having been on a Sony system prior, and for that matter launched in Europe when 999 didn't even have a European release, so the lack of previous games on PC probably wouldn't prevent the new one from coming out here.

Still, it would be quite a longshot.
Oh I didn't know Europe never got 999.

This is what the download page looks like now with the new beta update.

d16Gca4.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I totally forgot about 999. Bought it last year and didn't touch it yet. Maybe I should, Pokemon Platinum feels rather boring (only beaten first gym).

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fuu, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-284D9EBDB032DD86 - Taken by lindarasta

Lain

how is port btw? and the game

Personally speaking, the port is OK for what it is, but it's really bare-bones in a lot of areas and just not worth the 60€ price-tag. 40€ with a 30% off pre-purchase is what they should have debuted with.
Still I find it fun and performances have been good for me -no crashes, constant 30fps, though I think that has a lot to do with the fact I'm still on Win 7- and the preorder costumes look cool, so I'm rolling with it.
The game design does feel like a handheld game up ported though, because of how the stages are broken into little rooms with short loading when you switch between the rooms.

Messiah

I did preorder Yatagarasu for what it's worth. Seems right up my alley. Can't wait to get rekt.

Knurek

New Steam Beta

Still no way to sort games by Steam review ratio. :(
Would be an easy way to unistall/hide all the turds released recently. But no, Volvo only cares about metascore.

Also, Axiom Verge seems to be another in string of games to have underperformed on Steam: 13,400 ± 2,699
Mighty Switch Force as well: 2,994 ± 1,275 for HD, 1,426 ± 880 for Hose it Down!
D4 isn't any better: 13,543 ± 2,713
The Silent Age: 2,851 ± 1,245
AKIBA'STRIP: 18,104 ± 3,137
Technobabylon: 2,423 ± 1,147
Not A Hero: 14,683 ± 2,825
Snakebird: 5,274 ± 1,693

I know indies supposedly don't sell on mobile and they are coming back to PC in droves...
Thing is, they don't sell on Steam as well. Not anymore. :(
I'm not sure how this will work out for Valve in the end... Or for us for that matter.

tmarg

Would be an easy way to unistall/hide all the turds released recently. But no, Volvo only cares about metascore.

Also, Axiom Verge seems to be another in string of games to have underperformed on Steam: 13,400 ± 2,699
Mighty Switch Force as well: 2,994 ± 1,275 for HD, 1,426 ± 880 for Hose it Down!

I actually really want to play Axiom Verge, but I can't really justify it at full price when I have so much else to play through right now. I still haven't even finished Ori.

I'm a definite buyer at ~$10 though.

I know indies supposedly don't sell on mobile and they are coming back to PC in droves...
Thing is, they don't sell on Steam as well. Not anymore. :(
I'm not sure how this will work out for Valve in the end... Or for us for that matter.

I wonder what the GOG numbers are for some of those, wasn't D4 cheaper on GOG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom