• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaussTek

D4 probably did a lot worse on Xbox One. Not saying those are good sales on PC, but I guess that it was better than staying XB1 only.

Arthea

Still no way to sort games by Steam review ratio. :(
Would be an easy way to unistall/hide all the turds released recently. But no, Volvo only cares about metascore.

Also, Axiom Verge seems to be another in string of games to have underperformed on Steam: 13,400 ± 2,699
Mighty Switch Force as well: 2,994 ± 1,275 for HD, 1,426 ± 880 for Hose it Down!
D4 isn't any better: 13,543 ± 2,713
The Silent Age: 2,851 ± 1,245
AKIBA'STRIP: 18,104 ± 3,137
Technobabylon: 2,423 ± 1,147
Not A Hero: 14,683 ± 2,825
Snakebird: 5,274 ± 1,693

I know indies supposedly don't sell on mobile and they are coming back to PC in droves...
Thing is, they don't sell on Steam as well. Not anymore. :(
I'm not sure how this will work out for Valve in the end... Or for us for that matter.

Akiba actually bombed? That's surprising, considering that price was not bad.

I'm afraid there are way to many games for every game to be noticed and played. I never thought I'll say that, but that's how I feel and probably most of steam users are in the same boat. Also we should consider that most people play only TF, Doto and CS anyway.

Personally speaking, the port is OK for what it is, but it's really bare-bones in a lot of areas and just not worth the 60€ price-tag. 40€ with a 30% off pre-purchase is what they should have debuted with.
Still I find it fun and performances have been good for me -no crashes, constant 30fps, though I think that has a lot to do with the fact I'm still on Win 7- and the preorder costumes look cool, so I'm rolling with it.
The game design does feel like a handheld game up ported though, because of how the stages are broken into little rooms with short loading when you switch between the rooms.

well, they did the same with Yaiba, one would think they learnt after that how not to price their smaller games, but nope.

loadings between rooms? Shouldn't these be unnoticeable in the PC version?

Pupo

What?

e44aZPO.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
4th gen is worst gen. 999 beats the pants off it...even though it's only a few hours of gameplay.
Yeah, it feels rough coming from Y and Alpha Sapphire. Hopefully HeartGold and whichever entries from gen 5 I eventually pick up will be more fun. Right now I don't feel like playing Platinum anymore, which is a shame because I wanted to see how that weird Distortion world was like.

999 and Ghost Trick are on my DS "must play" list. The World Ends With You was too, until I got stuck at a certain boss and dropped it a long time ago.

I actually really want to play Axiom Verge, but I can't really justify it at full price when I have so much else to play through right now. I still haven't even finished Ori.

I'm a definite buyer at ~$10 though.
After you have so many unplayed games there comes a time when getting a new one for full price isn't appealing anymore, especially if you can get it cheaper by waiting a few months. These titles have to compete not only with new games being released every day, but also with old ones in our Steam libraries.

For big games (either AAA or "high profile" indies) this doesn't matter much, because many people will be willing to buy them day-one, drop whatever they are playing and start them right then, but these lesser-known games don't have the same luck.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

I'm afraid there are way to many games for every game to be noticed and played. I never thought I'll say that, but that's how I feel and probably most of steam users are in the same boat. Also we should consider that most people play only TF, Doto and CS anyway.

well, they did the same with Yaiba, one would think they learnt after that how not to price their smaller games, but nope.

Akiba's Trip's was a tad more expensive at launch than many of the other ports we've had recently. Coupled with the bad news surrounding the port's technical issues at launch and the wackiness of the game itself, I'm not surprised it didn't do very well.

GaussTek

Steam is slowly reaching mobile levels :p Maybe that's the reason on why Greenlight hasn't been removed, but I guess still that isn't enough heh

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of cyba89, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 49 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-FB82F89B3F1FB298 - Taken by xenoflux2113. 5 entrants total.
VVVVV -- MB-BCCF45AE37C8806E - Taken by City 17. 1 entrants total.
Capsized -- MB-40B22BB092FCAB79
Deponia -- MB-B96D2DEE397AC11A
PixelJunk Eden -- MB-4BBCF2A087136AD3
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-E061BAAD192128B9 - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
Worms Pinball -- MB-D2358437A1D3CB5C
Broken Sword: Director's Cut #2 -- MB-CC30E0B1432788AA - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
Harveys New Eyes -- MB-0EC2EAD4DE2EB2FD - Taken by tioslash. 1 entrants total.
Brazen Prototype -- MB-DAEC7D7B95A28DE5 - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.
Nightsky -- MB-E06F0ABE4FB239A3 - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
Anomaly Warzone Earth -- MB-347B883071E042D5
Bejeweled 3 -- MB-1F0253A6A6C9C9B1 - Taken by cyborg009. 3 entrants total.
Tiny&Big -- MB-5FFA4462B10E2B4E - Taken by Belgarion. 1 entrants total.
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-249A63EBE87CC454 - Taken by darkchewie. 1 entrants total.
Solar 2 -- MB-633534213459C984 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Splice -- MB-5216D12701264F4E
Hack, Slash, Loot -- MB-15513743770B260E - Taken by titch. 4 entrants total.
Bad Hotel -- MB-C176FEDC7A9988F3 - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.
Double Fine Prototype -- MB-1D5398701ABED8E0 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 1 entrants total.
Dwarfs!? -- MB-D0E6B67C31E4CF38 - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete -- MB-89B8910DB675E09C - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 4 entrants total.
Solar 2 #2 -- MB-5559D42891A895E7 - Taken by rrvv. 1 entrants total.
Nightsky #2 -- MB-6DDB974CF8D555D1
140 -- MB-5BC1BF88A39A1E67 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-226CAAEBDA0B879C - Taken by still. 1 entrants total.
Doc Clock: Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-FC60A51C146A56C9
Zeno Clash -- MB-6A41D7ADFEE7070B - Taken by trailmix16. 4 entrants total.
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-22D0B2B8CF7474D8 - Taken by Sheik. 1 entrants total.
Terraria -- MB-5B36C2F4497FEDF1 - Taken by Se7enSword. 6 entrants total.
A Virus Names TOM -- MB-3FF82DFBC8C1EF79

Shadow Warrior Classic Redux -- MB-D38614F1C4B29EAB - Taken by famfrit. 3 entrants total.
Reus -- MB-42589F8A54133F32 - Taken by Catshade. 4 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-1BFA2C79AAB30B87 - Taken by Lobogris. 2 entrants total.
The Binding of Isaac PlusDLC -- MB-B4BD7E76BB1AECB5 - Taken by Blu(e). 6 entrants total.

Snuggle Truck -- MB-531CAB111E4EF0E8 - Taken by bkw. 1 entrants total.
And Yet It Moves -- MB-5358BC049E5C383B
Aquaria -- MB-C59140C340B56611 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 4 entrants total.
Titan Attacks -- MB-27AEAC0B97386415 - Taken by Avinexus. 3 entrants total.
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition -- MB-C2CF46122752C05C - Taken by gurm3n. 3 entrants total.
Shank 2 -- MB-E54B7C5C8222793D - Taken by S1n1st3r. 6 entrants total.
Deadlight -- MB-3BE9C49039587C08 - Taken by Sammichu. 5 entrants total.

McPixel -- MB-20CB0F084ABF7AAE - Taken by Shadownet. 1 entrants total.
Plain Sight -- MB-9D765193CAA0C5D0 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
Greed Corp -- MB-2E9D40A07903F8AA - Taken by titch. 3 entrants total.
Broken Sword 2 -- MB-85E07669514A8722 - Taken by Sheik. 1 entrants total.

The Showdown Effect -- MB-9F4862525C27AB55 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.
Worms Blast -- MB-F063505FEAE101AF - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-CC0AA51E2151BB42

t1435965230z1.png

Lain

If I was on a SSD for my videogames, it would probably be instant, but I'm on a 5400rpm HDD for my videogames, so it's 1 or 2 seconds every time I change rooms.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So, when the Desura giveaway is done I'm going to start posting older unclaimed Steam keys from ModBot. I don't really know what makes the most sense in terms of how to give them away. Maybe I'll do a few hundred in Gaming Discussion and a few hundred in here at random? There are literally thousands of unclaimed keys at this point.

Kiru

So, when the Desura giveaway is done I'm going to start posting older unclaimed Steam keys from ModBot. I don't really know what makes the most sense in terms of how to give them away. Maybe I'll do a few hundred in Gaming Discussion and a few hundred in here at random? There are literally thousands of unclaimed keys at this point.
So recently unclaimed games are safe?

Speaking of which, I have a few unclaimed games from an old giveaway. Please take them.

To The Moon -- MB-7610B3DC4D25ACBA
Rocketbirds: Hard Boiled Chicken -- MB-C6B90C3356416184 - Taken by Eila
BANZAI PECAN: The Last Hope For the Young Century -- MB-7530931A7D3866C3
Vanguard Princess -- MB-0427241C348599D6 - Taken by Squirrel Killer
Gun Monkeys -- MB-4DB9A20F09F9234B

Arthea

D4 release timing was very unfortunate I must say, way too close to summer sale, at least that's the reason I haven't bought it. I'll pick it only at winter sale, most likely.

I think the 30fps cap for an action game was a pretty hard blow to it.

I think that it has bigger problems than 30fps, tbh
You won't like that combat, I'm 99,99% sure, 30 or 60 fps

MUnited83

For you.
I dont think Akiba haa bad numbers. It's very very niche. 20 000 sales at that price is not bad at all.

In comparison, the PS4 version in Japan sold 3000 and so units in the first week.

Arthea

I dont think Akiba haa bad numbers. It's very very niche. 20 000 sales at that price is not bad at all.

In comparison, the PS4 version in Japan sold 3000 and so units in the first week.
You can't compare that with a PC release, it was much more expensive on a console that had small userbase, I would say almost no userbase.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Forget Me Not: My Organic Garden looks interesting. I wonder if Playism will put it on Greenlight.

Well, they haven't put Kero Blaster on Steam, even though it's the next game by Studio Pixel (previous game Cave Story+, sales: 683,687 - 722,739), and their stated reason was because... uh... Greenlight is hard (?) even though everything they put on Greenlight got Greenlit pretty quickly... and because... "it takes time to add Steam features" (?) even though it doesn't really take very long and you can release a game without Steam features just fine.

As a result, a game with an 81 Metacritic made by a famous dev got a 200 reply GAF thread and tied for #165 on the top games of 2014 on GAF.

Based Playism!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Contradiction is a unique adventure / murder mystery game that uses live-action video for the entirety of the game play. All you have to do is interview characters, spot their lies and catch them out!

Contradiction is a brand new take on the concept of an interactive movie and brings the genre to a whole new level of playability. It plays as smoothly as a 3D graphic game. You can wander freely around the game environment, collecting evidence and witnessing constantly changing events.

But the game is all about interviewing the characters you meet, questioning them about all the evidence you’ve collected and things you’ve seen, then spotting contradictions in their answers. Pair two contradictions together and watch them try to worm out of it!

Works best plugged into a TV and played with a controller, preferably with a bunch of people to help spot the lies - but can be played alone on your laptop or PC just fine!

Ruruja

You can't compare that with a PC release, it was much more expensive on a console that had small userbase, I would say almost no userbase.

It's still priced too high for me personally. The joy of being on steam though, is the sales they get when it's 50%+ off. This can happen every sale over a few years, just look at the numbers super old games got you thought everybody had in the recent summer sale.

Volimar

You should post em all here and let us get first crack at em. This is factually justified by me liking free games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom