• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
How have I never subbed this thread?

Steam doesn't typically do July 4th sales, right? I'm about to buy some games and didn't want to if there's a chance for a discount tomorrow.

Grief.exe

So, when the Desura giveaway is done I'm going to start posting older unclaimed Steam keys from ModBot. I don't really know what makes the most sense in terms of how to give them away. Maybe I'll do a few hundred in Gaming Discussion and a few hundred in here at random? There are literally thousands of unclaimed keys at this point.

Hopefully there are a couple gems to be had.

Shantom

Still didn't help the game.

It was on the front page for a weekend and the timing of its release meant it had a minor price mistake on the first day of the summer sale (two 10% off discounts stacking). It wasn't a great time for it to release still, but it had a fair chance.

Didn't know prinnies were candy thieves. :p

Prinnies are souls who have commited sins who are trapped in a penguin suit(that explodes when thrown) until they repay for their sins. I am a prinny cause i stole shit cause I was about that gamer thug life.
I said I was gonna buy you some, you didn't have to take mine, you meanie ;~;

I'll smack you silly fool, don't ever call me a meanie.

hqdefault.jpg

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I may not fully understand the Alienware Steam and it's in-chat games, but I do like this summary.

Desuteq: iosefe, It seems like you are forever doomed to die in a heist

Gaf was down, DDoS'ed. Don't these guys usually get caught fairly quick? Wonder if he'll still think it was worth the "lulz".
400-ish Desura keys, garbage dump, clearing out ModBot's ModButt.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1074701
DOA thread :p
No one even talks about how terrible Neon Struct has done.
Owners: 998 ± 736
:(
That's sad. Game looks very interesting. Won't get it at that price though. Bundles have ruined everything.
So, when the Desura giveaway is done I'm going to start posting older unclaimed Steam keys from ModBot. I don't really know what makes the most sense in terms of how to give them away. Maybe I'll do a few hundred in Gaming Discussion and a few hundred in here at random? There are literally thousands of unclaimed keys at this point.
Thousands? Wow. I'm for several dedicated threads. Better than clogging this thread imo.
Impressive and at the same time humbling.

Damn. There are 50 more users in the AW stream than usually.

That's sad. Game looks very interesting. Won't get it at that price though. Bundles have ruined everything.

I think different prices ruined everything. I mean as a PC gamer, even without the Russian bear, we are kinda used to wait till a game drops in price. I mean I bought Neptunia 1+2 for both 15$, so I will wait for Toukiden e.g. to drop to 25$ before I buy it. Same with Akibas Trip. I am always thinking "I could get 6 different other good games in a sale for the normal price of Akibas Trip.

I'm picturing Modbot like Scrooge Mcduck, but instead of swimming in coins it's swimming in unused keys.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Short summary:

We only develop for Sony platforms. We focus on that. Yeah!

Thats sth. they said a few months ago IIRC.

i think p. much every japanese dev/pub is going to be increasing support to steam over the next few years, NIS included. i would expect them to start with a minor project as a trial balloon, and then when that goes OK, try some of the bigger stuff.

Jazz573

i think p. much every japanese dev/pub is going to be increasing support to steam over the next few years, NIS included. i would expect them to start with a minor project as a trial balloon, and then when that goes OK, try some of the bigger stuff.

I know that there are many Japanese devs that aren't fond of Steam. I'm not sure why though.

What is a quick way to see Steam through another region? Since they added multiple regions, the ability to just add =us etc. has been disabled. I know it's not possible to see other regions while being logged in, I just want to look up some games.

The problem is that somehow the minor projects are the things people dont want. Like their "test" games are often small indie-games, that actually the people wouldnt want.

I mean afaik NIS next title on Steam could be htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary according to SteamDB. I doubt that this is a game that people who like japanese games really want to play no matter what. Same with Cladun X2 a few years ago.
People are waiting for games like Disgaea, Danganronpa or other higher budget titles.
I think people would even be okay with some of the Vita "anime" titles being ported to PC. You can see that Neptunia seems to sell quite well on Steam in just 2-3 months.

denx

about the missing link DLC , how i get it ?
i have the director cut edition

You can't. The original DE:HR and TML were pulled from the store when the DC came out.

edit: also what yoshizzle says. All the DLC was integrated into the DC.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (darkchewie, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broforce -- MB-96E19F64768FB3B0 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 12 entrants total.

t1435973324z1.png

Extra from the stream, enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom