• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eila

You should've bought the discounted Ori first before refunding the OG Ori so you could be able to refund the discounted Ori if your first refund request of OG Ori wasn't approved by Valve.

refunds

Yeah, you can refund gifts as well. Should have bought it and let it sit in your inventory.

L.O.R.D

what game you bought it on price mistake and regret it ?

for me it was Evolve , 10$ ( it was $5 on Indonesian store , but people kept selling it for much higher )

MattyG

Banned
So is TF2 a fairly beginner-friendly game? I've never played a full match, but I'd like to at least try it out (obviously it's free, so I can just download it, but I'm curious).

Coreda

Really bummed that I missed the Ori price mistake. I was walking on the beach with no phone. Serves me right I guess??

Walking on the beach
Toes in the sand
Feels pocket...

...Wait, no phone!
Rushes back
Checks SteamGAF

FUCK

Missed a price mistake...

God damn it.

*Seagull stares in disappointment*

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
If the Ori money will be added to my wallet within the next 45h, I'll probably end up buying ARK :/

Nzyme32

So is TF2 a fairly beginner-friendly game? I've never played a full match, but I'd like to at least try it out (obviously it's free, so I can just download it, but I'm curious).

Pretty damn friendly. You'll kill a bunch and die a bunch but have fun all the way... well, at least that has been my experience. There are some tutorials for a bunch of classes and even some vids (I think) to describe the objective of certain game types.

cyba89

You should've bought the discounted Ori first before refunding the OG Ori so you could be able to refund the discounted Ori if your first refund request of OG Ori wasn't approved by Valve.

refunds

hindsight1.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Play as a heavy and find a medic who is willing to babysit you. :)

Kayant

Repost from other thread -

In case you missed out :)

PM me if there is any issues with redeeming

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This is a giveaway for the thread url: - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1075907.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ori and the Blind Forest #1 -- MB-04202CEDC39872EC - Taken by Zero-Crescent. 25 entrants total.
Ori and the Blind Forest #2 -- MB-5B731F7AE8B2DEAF - Taken by Frostinferno. 26 entrants total.
Ori and the Blind Forest #3 -- MB-208EDB670B356095 - Taken by Punto. 31 entrants total.
Ori and the Blind Forest #4 -- MB-D3A544F244624464 - Taken by Regiruler. 26 entrants total.

t1436223115z1.png

Well playing solo (I'm assuming) won't do you any good.

yeah but I can't imagine it's that much better playing with a group of folks in an organized fashion. It just didn't do anything for me.

But hey i did play through my .99 copy of Freedom Cry and that was a great pickup

Shantom

For everyone who missed indiegala's VN bundle:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shantom, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Indiegala Monday bundle #66 (Higurashi, Eden* etc) -- MB-A83B96B3FA84619B - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 10 entrants total.

t1436224014z1.png

Did they change anything regarding trading cards? May be something temporary but I noticed I haven't received any cards for a while.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Did they change anything regarding trading cards? May be something temporary but I noticed I haven't received any cards for a while.

There seems to have been a change to card drop times as a result of the refund rules. Cards now appear to drop after the initial 2 hours of runtime instead of right off the bat. This way, users can't farm cards and get a refund. It was a quiet backend change, but people noticed this happening during the Summer Sale.

GaussTek

I bought Ori, Chroma Squad and that sim pack with the price mistakes. Y'all too slow.
I'm not even that interested in Ori. Too bad my copy is region locked to Latin America.

Another Steam GAF user from Latin America *high five* :D

That seemed like the longest price mistake ever.

Perhaps it wasn't really a mistake, but then dev started seeing hundreds of refunds, and said OMG NOPE lol (j/k)

Poor guy. I hope Valve can compensate the loss revenue due to the mistake. On the bright side, more people own it so there'll be more positive word of mouth.

His last two posts:

Apparently he doesn't realize that he basically just got advanced a bunch of sales -- people who wouldn't have bought until it was $5 anyway got it a year or two early, people who are generous gifted out copies that wouldn't have been sold at 40% off, and he's going to get some cut of all the market transactions from the trading cards.

Gotta look for those silver linings.

Poor guy. I hope Valve can compensate the loss revenue due to the mistake. On the bright side, more people own it so there'll be more positive word of mouth.

There might be some lost revenue, but there isn't necessarily lost revenue on every single sale he got.
I gave out 3 copies that I wouldn't have if it wasn't a price mistake.
Lashman gave out at least 2 copies.
There's several here who are giving copies via modbot.
The lower mistake price gave him a lot of sales he wouldn't have seen otherwise, without a doubt.

L.O.R.D

Apparently he doesn't realize that he basically just got advanced a bunch of sales -- people who wouldn't have bought until it was $5 anyway got it a year or two early, people who are generous gifted out copies that wouldn't have been sold at 40% off, and he's going to get some cut of all the market transactions from the trading cards.

Gotta look for those silver linings.

you forgot about the people who refund the game and bought at cheaper price
this is a lose for them

GaussTek

I'm more worried about the Steam refunds system, some people here got an almost instant refund EVEN if they bought Ori more than two weeks ago? :/

I mean, if they are still going to issue refunds for more than two week old purchases, shouldn't that at least go to a deeper review or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom