• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExoSoul

Banned
I can't link you to anything specific because it was a) mostly on a German forum and b) constant douchebaggery over the years. The kind where after a while you go 'yeah, fuck that guy'. And him saying that there won't be a bigger discount for a long time which then turns out to be a blatant lie actually fits.

Wasn't that Chroma Squad's dev after the price mistake in the beginning of the Summer Sale?

Tizoc

Arnold-Schwarzenegger-as-King-Conan.jpg

In other related things is Anna's Quest worth it? It can be gotten for like under $15 over at gmg.
header.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
HAHAHA YES YES SUFFER! SUFFER! Feel how I felt when Nep-Nep 2 appeared in the sale two weeks after I bought it at launch. Feel the Dolchstoss!

but Ori didnt come out 2 weeks ago

Ventara

Was finally able to log in and buy the game. If it turns out I can't get a refund (it's been 15 days) AND it was a price mistake, the game should make for a nice gift.

No, that happened too but was different. Also it's now confirmed that Ori is a mistake, buy quick if you want in.

How many copies should I buy to profit? j/k

That Ori discount is surely a mistake, right?

That feeling when you spend the last $5 in your bank account until payday on a Little Caesars pizza... the worst part is, it wasn't even that good of a pizza.

EDIT: lashman with the clutch Ori gift, thanks a bunch dude! Can't wait to play it <3

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Trying to refund it through the browsers didn't work, but rather simple to request a refund through the Steam Client itself. Just starts with the Help menu.

Chariot

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yes, but it's a similiar case of a Dolchstoss into the back of people who bought the game just a tiny bit earlier.

4 months is the same as 2 weeks? come on now...

yuraya

Now if Axiom Verge can just get that 75% off discount error. Then this will be the best summer ever ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)

Chariot

4 months is the same as 2 weeks? come on now...
People said they bought it on sale two weeks ago and now it's cheaper? That'll be mean. You don't make a even lower discount two wekks after the last discount.
And apparently it seems to be a price mistake. So the Dolch was made of ballons.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
header.jpg

Spirits of Xanadu is one of the weekly sales.

It's one of the underlooked Steam games I've heard is really good. System Shock 2 inspired and hear it has a good story, atmosphere, and the like.

Damn, still isn't lower then what they bumped it down to for the Summer Sale. I'm anxiously holding on to every red Steam cent I can get in case Memory of a Broken Dimension makes a surprise launch anytime soon, which is probably my most anticipated indie release at the moment. So a few extra dollars off would have been appreciated.

Hope it gets more attention though, as the concept sounds great and what few reviews are out there for it seem to quite like what it does.

Rhaknar

Its about oris deal in the summersale and not about the release.

fair enough. but there have been much worse examples, like Vampire the Masquerade 2 years ago (3 years?) going 75% off as the tuesday midweek when the summer sale ended and it didnt get more than 33% during it lol

fuckers

Hektor

Your purchase has been refunded

YES! :D

The "It's now available cheaper" option isn't available to me. Probably because it's been 15 days (seriously, the timing). I sent a refund request with the reason I bought it twice.

It was available for me and my purchase is 18 days old.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought Ori as a gift and requested a refund for the copy in my library. If they won't refund it, I'll just refund the gift or sell it to someone who missed the error.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
The "It's now available cheaper" option isn't available to me. Probably because it's been 15 days (seriously, the timing). I sent a refund request with the reason I bought it twice.

Been 18 days for me and I had the option

One of the best games I've played in 2015 so far. I bought it during the summer sale and have more than gotten my 10 dollars worth of fun out of it. I won't refund it. Hope whoever wins it plays it!
Happy birthday modbot

ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MakeshiftChef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ori and the Blind Forest -- MB-3796373E59E753B0 - Taken by dex3108. 46 entrants total.

t1436217356z1.png

SSPssp

Just to repeat what everyone says, I still have the option even though its been 18 days or so. Maybe because I've never gotten a refund yet?

Perhaps it's because I haven't added it to my library yet?

Anyways, glad you got a refund Hektor. Gives me hope I will get it, too.

I just bought a gift of it and there's an option to refund that too. I think its just a glitch for you.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Definitely a price mistake on Ori, developer sent out a message last night Ori was going to go on sale today 40% off.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

TAKEN is a suspenseful, horror survival game where you find yourself trapped in a mysterious hedge maze that changes shape, size, and complexity every time you play. Not only must you find your way out, you must do it without being detected. Find the key and get the heck out of there! Lucy, the zombie orphan, has eaten all who dared enter the maze before you.

TAKEN provides a challenge for your mind along with the thrill of the danger that waits around every corner.

Key Features

• A new maze is generated EVERY time you play
  • Three themed worlds to choose from: Thicket, Blizzard, and Giza
  • Three difficulty levels: Normal, Hard, and Brutal
  • Six original background tracks

kevin1025

Banned
It was a dirty old Hot n Ready unfortunately lol, I hear bacon crust pizza is good though.

I don't know why but the bacon crust one reminds me of golden years Pizza Hut back in the day. Hot n Ready can be a good time, but only if the toppings aren't skimped out due to time.

P.S. Super cool to see so much Ori in the activity feed, it's taken over!

You people really are excited about ori. Looks boring to me from the videos I saw. Good price mistake for all you though.

Gaf has been acting up a bit on mobile. Another attack?

Lain

I'm not as nice a MakeshiftChef, so only the quickest guys get a chance and with lots of rules just because:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ori and the Blind Forest -- MB-3A49F78C464D5ABD - Taken by dex3108. 6 entrants total.

t1436208053z1.png

So I'm working through Devil's Dare. http://store.steampowered.com/app/279580/?snr=1_5_9__205
It's a zombie beatemup where if you want to continue you have to spend in-game cash. I ran into a fight towards the end that cost me a couple credits.

I managed to beat the game, but in order to get the good ending, I have to spend $6666.
I only had about $1800...

So not only do I get "Great job killing everything!...but humanity is still doomed." ending but then the game goes on to talk all this shit about how much I suck and am a terrible person. That maybe I should have played the easy difficulty, that I probably spend money on microtransactions, my mother knows how to take it like a man, etc.

Kiss my fucking ass already. Look, I get it. They're called bad endings for a reason. But to follow-up with a bunch of condescending bullshit doesn't make me want to go back.

/salt

KarmaCow

Definitely a price mistake on Ori, developer sent out a message last night Ori was going to go on sale today 40% off.

Yikes and it still isn't fixed. At least they weren't pulling an Activision with VtMB and screw people who bought it during the summer sale. Does Valve do anything to compensate developers when they screw up like this?

Adventis

Awww shiet son!! Refund went through, pretty much with immediate effect too. Valve knows ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)
Quickly re-bought with that dirty righteous refund money.

Thank you based Gaben <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom