• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
Yikes and it still isn't fixed. At least they weren't pulling an Activision with VtMB and screw people who bought it during the summer sale. Does Valve do anything to compensate developers when they screw up like this?
If it's Valve fault im sure they would pay the full intended price .
Could very well be someone at Microsoft pressing the wrong numbers though.

SSPssp

Sweet! Got my refund! That was quick, took less than 30 minutes. Maybe they're lenient if you haven't refunded before?

Trying to refund it through the browsers didn't work, but rather simple to request a refund through the Steam Client itself. Just starts with the Help menu.

Forgot to say thanks so much for posting this!

L.O.R.D

7TJmU4Q.jpg

yess

GaussTek

Likely price mistake + everyone refunding now. Starting to feel bad for the devs :/

Oh yeah, I forgot that Microsoft published it, keep going! lol :p

AHA-Lambda

I have 6 hours playtime logged on Ori (I idled it for cards) and bought it in the summer sale.

Even worth bothering trying to refund it? =/

edit: nvm then, it's fixed.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Likely price mistake + everyone refunding now. Starting to feel bad for the devs :/

Aren't pricing errors usually fixed within minutes? At least I've been missing every single one so far

Aren't pricing errors usually fixed within minutes? At least I've been missing every single one so far

Getting a sense that the publisher messed up and not Valve. Being that MS is the publisher, trying to find the right people to fix this mess is probably a lot harder than if it was self published or published by a smaller pub.

Deques

Your purchase has been refunded

YES! :D

It was available for me and my purchase is 18 days old.

Awww shiet son!! Refund went through, pretty much with immediate effect too. Valve knows ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Quickly re-bought with that dirty righteous refund money.

Thank you based Gaben <3

Great! Now the devs have earned lesser money from their game :)
And now the deal has ended

madjoki

TIP for future: Buy at (glitched) price before asking for refund as a gift.

This way you can't miss it. If your refund doesn't get approved, you can still get refund for new copy or trade it.

ViviOggi

TIP for future: Buy at (glitched) price before asking for refund as a gift.

This way you can't miss it. If your refund doesn't get approved, you can still get refund for new copy or trade it.
Thought that would look sketchy as hell but they actually give you that "it's available cheaper" option during the refund process which I didn't know before

I'll definitely do that next time

dex3108

I actually won something :D Tnx for Ori Lain (I know that you said no thank you messages but rules are made to be broken sometimes :p)

Ori looks really weird, unless I'm crazy some of the background stuff is framerate limited but most of the animations of the locked at 30?

Tizoc

Y'all too slow.

Arnold-Schwarzenegger-as-King-Conan.jpg

But Crom is generous
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ori and the Blind Forest -- MB-81A581496F213960 - Taken by pantsattack. 52 entrants total.

t1436220474z1.png

What is best in life?

To crush your backlog, see it driven before you, then hear the lamentation of Gabe Newell.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
-
ad5hOev.png
7zwunRg.png
It's ModBot's birthday! Celebrate by giving out something other than bundle garbage today!
7zwunRg.png
ad5hOev.png

- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Go Go Nippon -- MB-3EB2FF908EF68747 - Taken by Stronghammer22. 1 entrants total.
Royal Defense -- MB-0B9946C2ECF9D7E3 - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
Red Lake -- MB-F6B747C4712BA0BB - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
Fearless Fantasy -- MB-4DB9A0A870E76122 - Taken by Vuze. 2 entrants total.
Coffin Dodgers -- MB-DC9B54571AD89449 - Taken by gurm3n. 2 entrants total.
Back to Bed -- MB-011B1994200952B6 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Blue Rose -- MB-5AE7089ADD942660 - Taken by illusionary. 2 entrants total.
Leona's Tricky Adventures -- MB-4DD3FE0DBE954161 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Evopollution (Desura) -- MB-D84E45FCC1A5774D
Trine 2 Complete Story -- MB-6BC44709B0F0F44E - Taken by Erheller. 1 entrants total.
Pixel Piracy -- MB-56C4632C4FCB676A - Taken by Hektor. 2 entrants total.
Infect and Destroy -- MB-C266A8B7C8A81717 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
Anomaly Warzone Earth Mobile Campaign -- MB-804D688F8BC01FA8
The Undergarden -- MB-6C8A545E0E2F22B0 - Taken by gar3. 1 entrants total.

t1436210874z1.png

ExoSoul

Banned
I totally should try winning from ModBot and then refund the price mistake. But I won't.

It'll be a gift, you need the buyer's permission an it'll go to him, not you.

You misunderstood him. He means he bought the game now, himself, and he is saying if he won he could just refund that initial purchase :p

Ahh makes more sense xD
Given his previous comments I thought he had purchased it previously
I don't read german

Vuze

Accidently claimed a Bloop key from Indiegala, already have the game.
If somebody wants it without having to bother with their website, here you go 0B8J0-YNQA5-PKRJA

Messiah

Has the game gotten any better? I've had it on my account forever now and the last time I bothered to fire it up, it was an absolute trainwreck.

Well, I can't tell until tomorrow. Heard good things though and it looked good in the footage of the recent build I looked at. What were your problems with the game?

Amzin

2TB is still a hefty price tag for SSD. I want a SSD, but I hate managing disk space even more than I want a SSD.

For like a quarter the cost of that 2TB SSD, you could get a 128GB or even 256GB SSD for OS & key programs, and a 3-4TB HDD for Steam + Media + random stuff that always accumulates and fills up my damn PC.

Kaleinc

Banned
Just imagine. 3 weeks after AssCreed Syndicate's release, 2 million copies sold on steam and a price error -99%. I can taste Guillemot's tears already.

Lain

If I had 1k to burn, I know what I'd burn it on (ShindoL Patreon, not some shitty 2TB SSD). Sadly, or luckily, I don't have 1k to burn.

Eila

I bought Ori, Chroma Squad and that sim pack with the price mistakes. Y'all too slow.
I'm not even that interested in Ori. Too bad my copy is region locked to Latin America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom