• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Why is Driver 1 not on Steam.

I remember my friend picked it up when we were young and we just couldn't get out of the tutorial garage. I think we ended up using Netscape to find some cheats to skip it.

Hopefully I'm thinking of the right game.

Nobody could without cheats. Nobody.

There are so many good games missing on steam. Like Paraworld or Mafia

Any thoughts on how well F.E.A.R. runs on Win7 64 bit? Had my eyes on the bundle over at bundlestars for a while now but I wanted to make sure it runs ok before pulling the trigger. I see that the multiplayer is shut down and I hear there is some sort of issue that can cause the game to run slowly after 15 minutes, is there anything else to keep in mind?

I remember my friend picked it up when we were young and we just couldn't get out of the tutorial garage. I think we ended up using Netscape to find some cheats to skip it.

I think I had the same problem, though I believe I eventually figured it out or maybe cheated to do it.

I also remember there was a bug where if you watched a replay of a game in carnage mode, the carnage mode physics would persist for the rest of the game, so you could play the normal game and all other cars would bounce off you like they were balloons.

rtcn63

Any thoughts on how well F.E.A.R. runs on Win7 64 bit? Had my eyes on the bundle over at bundlestars for a while now but I wanted to make sure it runs ok before pulling the trigger. I see that the multiplayer is shut down and I hear there is some sort of issue that can cause the game to run slowly after 15 minutes, is there anything else to keep in mind?

Singleplayer runs fine as far as I can tell, and I put a lot of hours into it. It's really really long. (Win7 Pro 64bit, core i5)

I played it when it was in that Humble Bundle.

Jawmuncher

I played it this year and had no issues with it on the same OS. Game scales wonderfully. Think the only issue is something about having Logitech mouse or something, but there's a fix for that.

Kyougar

thats the game. it was kinda famous for it. The Dark Souls of Racing. Scratch that, it was even more hardcore than Dark Souls

FloatOn

Oh man... I just found out that divinity original sin is getting an enhanced edition that adds controller support and a comfy couch style UI along with a bunch of other additions.

I will day one this game as I missed out on the original release.

Kyougar

Oh man... I just found out that divinity original sin is getting an enhanced edition that adds controller support and a comfy couch style UI along with a bunch of other additions.

you casual!

rtcn63

It's a free update to the base game, not a separate thing IIRC.

fallout

Keep in mind that existing owners get the upgrade to the enhanced edition for free.

FloatOn

you casual!

out on medical leave and unable to play for the past few months

also I'm on the comfy couch so playing games with a tiny UI is impractical.

really cool that owners of the original get the enhanced for free. kind of a rare thing these days

I don't think ARK is going to beat DayZ in number of days it took to get a million copies. It sort of slowed down in the last few days unless the SteamSpy data is off (due to not pulling enough profiles).

CS: GO is about 400,000 copies away from 15,000,000 copies sold.

Thanks for the thoughts on F.E.A.R. everyone!

I played it this year and had no issues with it on the same OS. Game scales wonderfully. Think the only issue is something about having Logitech mouse or something, but there's a fix for that.

Upon looking into it, it seems to be a compatibility issue with Logitech G series keyboards and mice. The fix is to disable HIDs or something. Of course my keyboard is a G series Logitech...heh.

BigAT

I don't think ARK is going to beat DayZ in number of days it took to get a million copies. It sort of slowed down in the last few days unless the SteamSpy data is off (due to not pulling enough profiles).

CS: GO is about 400,000 copies away from 15,000,000 copies sold.

I wonder how many of those purchases are from people that got banned for hacking.

Kiru

:csdmeh:

Khronico

Just finished Dragonfall...

What a fantastically written game. Everything from the team members to the minor sidequests where brilliantly written and kept me completely engaged all the way to the end credits. Too bad I didn't play this last year, it would've been in my GOTY list for sure.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What you on about lad?
Thomas didn't overstay its welcome =<

When you have to jettison the characters and abilities you've gained and used throughout the entire game and introduce completely new characters with new abilities with a separate narrative as related to the original narrative as the movies Cyborg starring Jean Claude Van Damme and Cyborg 2 starring Angelia Jolie, you probably should think of a different way to end your game.

Just like the analogy I've constructed up there, Thomas is good but would have been better with some editing for brevity's sake.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Perhaps one way to evaluate the net impact of Early Access:

Sum over all Early Access games, current and former, multiplying the mean estimated sales of the game by the net satisfaction ratio (so a game with 0% positive reviews gets sales*-100; a game with 50% positive reviews gets 0; a game with 100% positive reviews gets sales*100). See if the resulting figure is positive or negative. It'd be a weighted average of how much good or harm Early Access is doing.

In other words (Sigma i from 1 to n) Sales_i * 100 * (PositiveReviews_i - NegativeReviews_i / (TotalReviews_i))

(The estimator is rigged. The answer will be an enormous net positive because the well-liked games are so much more popular than the disliked games. But that's the point)

Did you see SteamSpy's posts about Early Access 8 hours or so ago? They did a quick report on how many games were in EA, Released, Updated, or Abandoned. There was WAY more games supported and released than Abandoned. It was a nice quick insight.

When you have to jettison the characters and abilities you've gained and used throughout the entire game and introduce completely new characters with new abilities with a separate narrative as related to the original narrative as the movies Cyborg starring Jean Claude Van Damme and Cyborg 2 starring Angelia Jolie, you probably should think of a different way to end your game.

Just like the analogy I've constructed up there, Thomas is good but would have been better with some editing for brevity's sake.

3.9 Hours to 100% the game (Story was a bit less). I'm not sure how short you wanted the game to be.

Just finished Dragonfall...

What a fantastically written game. Everything from the team members to the minor sidequests where brilliantly written and kept me completely engaged all the way to the end credits. Too bad I didn't play this last year, it would've been in my GOTY list for sure.

Sounds up my alley.

Vlad

So, as if in response to my impressions of Infinifactory, the game left early access later on the same day that I posted them, which included a new set of levels to go through. Apparently, these levels are all about building large objects, and so far, even the first two are way tougher than anything else I've had to do so far, so it's nice to see that the game is ending on a significantly challenging note.

Khronico

Sounds up my alley.

I can't emphasize enough how well written the game is.

There where several major conversations in the game where I had to sit back and ruminate on what I should do because all the choices had some truth or merit to them. I really appreciate when a game doesn't just boil down choices into "do the clearly good thing for good guy points" or "do the clearly bad thing for evil points".

Your party members will call you out and be upset if you do something that violates their personal morality which is a thing I LOVE in RPGs. It's a minor piece of dialogue but it fleshes out that character into something slightly more than an extra body in a firefight.

Kiru

Leftovers, go wild!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 56 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Kiru, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pixel Puzzles: Japan -- MB-FDCFEF7155013943 - Taken by MikeHattsu
Deadbreed #2 -- MB-0A8B227DD8969B45 - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Deadbreed -- MB-2DDD77EC2DF479C0 - Taken by Belgarion
Super Killer Hornet Resurrection -- MB-E016990C52A1C46C - Taken by Costa1774. 2 entrants total.
Mechanic Escape #2 -- MB-7E7F071757389F0A - Taken by Barajas_201
The Culling of the Cows #2 -- MB-A0A1AC169162B009
Spoiler Alert #3 -- MB-F16E94F3F5B21836 - Taken by Costa1774. 3 entrants total.
Avencast - Rise of Magic -- MB-6E29415B4049718B - Taken by tioslash
Savant - Ascent -- MB-B60DF601C3E49279 - Taken by Loptous. 5 entrants total.
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-5CDF68B05ADB7B34 - Taken by darkpathwalker92
Pixel Puzzles: Japan #2 -- MB-8D92AF8D0D2124B2 - Taken by alr1ght. 1 entrants total.
Realms of the Haunting #2 -- MB-3A45CE6A2A09D210
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves -- MB-5D356A1EEB0583E1 - Taken by ZeroCDR
Avencast - Rise of Magic #2 -- MB-24D172B6ED96CB50
xheRJRF.gif
Uriel's Chasm #2 -- MB-6354B53F5CDC489A - Taken by ExoSoul
Magicka: Wizard Wars -- MB-D72D5D93B2FC06ED - Taken by dorisdelay
xheRJRF.gif
Uriel's Chasm -- MB-54161EBAD0DF4E6D - Taken by gurm3n. 3 entrants total.
Magicka: Wizard Wars #2 -- MB-386C3A1CE28AFD2F
Racer 8 -- MB-A6CEE9888D30045A - Taken by chronomac. 1 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet #2 -- MB-9FC7C4208E9306E9 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 3 entrants total.
Mechanic Escape -- MB-DBAABB8EAFBB62E1
Afterfall Insanity #2 -- MB-B49880086AC89F7C - Taken by Purkake4
AquaNox -- MB-17103671404A4830 - Taken by Kyougar. 3 entrants total.
Not the Robots #2 -- MB-2B3897B1F587CD0A - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.
Ionball 2 #2 -- MB-9D331F2C8F7EFD28
Racer 8 #2 -- MB-D7A97DE23564B58A - Taken by Saty. 2 entrants total.
Magicka: Wizard Wars Alienware Robe #2 -- MB-B29BF47C1129DF09
Ionball 2 -- MB-04FCBA986F87FB73
Dead Bits -- MB-08066A658BF2CF13
Space Hack -- MB-901EFB12DF30B4A4
Battlepaths -- MB-7DD46C0D20797333
The Culling of the Cows -- MB-0DBAF812134171EA - Taken by XDDX
Nosferatu - Wrath of Malachi #2 -- MB-7F5D32004F16C30D - Taken by Loptous
Not the Robots #3 -- MB-6990BB614D593886 - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
Into the War #2 -- MB-92A5454C6A24A409 - Taken by Kagemusha. 1 entrants total.
Chaos Domain #2 -- MB-F27B2F1FABB51377
Thief Gold -- MB-11F3C574F8254098 - Taken by Regginator. 2 entrants total.
Magicka: Wizard Wars Alienware Robe -- MB-36B603E1F501CC59
To the Moon -- MB-43D4046F6D6C8B5F - Taken by Dusk Golem. 2 entrants total.
Gunpoint -- MB-49B5C701289C4205 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 4 entrants total.
Anomaly: Warzone Earth -- MB-A8D04E3424F5C798 - Taken by daydream
Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves #2 -- MB-A3EEDE2A94108909 - Taken by Costa1774. 1 entrants total.
Spoiler Alert #2 -- MB-DDDE256B66BA2378 - Taken by pantsattack. 2 entrants total.
Chaos Domain -- MB-7E1B65EB59695A2D - Taken by Haunted. 1 entrants total.
Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine -- MB-B4BE6B3878D0BBF8 - Taken by carlos
Cubetractor -- MB-CDE5FD8F8565020C - Taken by lukiluk
Crash Time 2 -- MB-3D375CCC39C53C24
Ballpoint Universe Infinite -- MB-DFE6608340C89627
Not the Robots -- MB-9F1FB68D1F8F0716 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 1 entrants total.
Crash Time 2 #2 -- MB-D46D25A2BD0FDEE0 - Taken by BlazeHedgehog
Into the War -- MB-AA00BF38E662002D - Taken by RoadDogg

t1435866226z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom