• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
Maybe they win these games. I mean in the end it is just more like a random raffle, 20.000 keys with maybe 10 high profile games.

Yeah, maybe, but see so many posts one after each other, in the same thread, about winning me made me suspicious. Lol, check the comments 2 out of 3 people won Mirror's Edge Catalyst.

I bought it three times. I got Zack Zero, Gun Monkeys and Dark Souls 3.

Eh, but if you post you won DS3, you ruin my conspiracy theory, go away :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
YwXqxLM.gif

Man, I'm gonna feel bad when I get this game in a bundle for a dollar.

madjoki

Guys quick question !
I'm in Korea right now and I want to buy God Eater 2 with the Korean price. I go back to France in 10 days and it seems God Eater 2 has its own package in Korea with other Asian countries. Does it mean I wont be able to play it in France ?

On Steam Store it's same package everywhere, it's safe. (The one you linked is for CD Keys only)

Hektor

Started I am Setsuna and can't start a new game with my Xbone Pad on Win10. I can only switch between new game and load game with the left and right dpad moves, all other buttons don't do anything.

Not an amazing first impression.

Ludens

Banned
I already have several copies of Gun Monkeys I can't get rid of. They should bundle stuff from my wishlist. :D

Make a mystery giveaway right after I am Setsuna one will end, people desperate for losing it will enter for sure.

Started I am Setsuna and can't start a new game with my Xbone Pad on Win10. I can only switch between new game and load game with the left and right dpad moves, all other buttons don't do anything.

Not an amazing first impression.

Is this a Unity game? If so try to plug the controller when you are in-game, if it's like FFIX, it should work.

Tizoc

Make a mystery giveaway right after I am Setsuna one will end, people desperate for losing it will enter for sure.

Is this a Unity game? If so try to plug the controller when you are in-game, if it's like FFIX, it should work.

It is a Unity game.

derExperte

I saved so much money by not buying or preordering dreadful bundles that I think I can spare 2,99 for the 10pack. See you on the other side.

Ludens

Banned
I saved so much money by not buying or preordering dreadful bundles that I think I can spare 2,99 for the 10pack. See you on the other side.

Guys, don't enter anymore, if DerExpert buy that bundle he will find 10 triple A games including Dark Souls 3, Mirror's Edge, Fallout 4 and Resident Evil 7, with GMG closing out the shop.

Hektor

Yes it is and your tip worked, thanks. So i suppose that is a widespread issue with unity games? Will try to keep it in mind next time i'll run into that.

This is bullshit. They should get crap for advertising it like that. People have bought those bundles a lot and not once have I heard somebody actually got Fallout 4, Witcher 3 or Dark Souls 3.

They give absolutely no indication of what could be in the bundle. The only 'hints' are the games in the background and those are things you definitely aren't going to get. That seems pretty misleading. I've not seen anyone say anything about the "Origin, GOG or Uplay" keys that it claims it could contain, either.

derExperte

Alright, got BETRAYER, RUSH BROS, POSTAL 2 COMPLETE, COSMIC ROCKET DEFENDER, RING RUNNER, SHIPLORD, NANINIGHTS, ONIKIRA DEMONKILLER, SOLAR SHIFTER EX, PROTO RAIDER.

Will keep Proto Raider and maybe Solar Shifter. Would Postal 2 Complete give me the Paradise Lost DLC? Eh, could've been worse.

I'm going to try posting a negative review and see if it lets me. Their reviews are moderated and the only ones on the page are positive, so i expect they won't let it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
I am Setsuna -- MB-A98510087BD61868 - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 114 entrants total.

t1469034348z1.png

Hektor

Now im having a different issue where the game acts like im holding the left dpad side pressed the entire time, which im pretty sure i dont. Ugh.

The keyboard controls are also weird, how do i leave the ingame menu? Exit exits the entire game.

€: It's 'K'. You press 'J' to open the menu and you press 'K' to close it.

Maybe i should play EDF first.

bjaelke

I feel like the mystery of that GMG bundle was spoiled.
Alright, got BETRAYER, RUSH BROS, POSTAL 2 COMPLETE, COSMIC ROCKET DEFENDER, RING RUNNER, SHIPLORD, NANINIGHTS, ONIKIRA DEMONKILLER, SOLAR SHIFTER EX, PROTO RAIDER.

Will keep Proto Raider and maybe Solar Shifter. Would Postal 2 Complete give me the Paradise Lost DLC? Eh, could've been worse.
+
CURVATRON
SEVEN KINGDOMS 2 HD
NIHILUMBRA

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I loved Pac Man CE DX. This looks like it is continuing in that spirit which is great.

Definintely in on this.

Tizoc

Pac Man is getting a lot of love recently.

I still need to pick up the old arcade game one.

I wish Bamco would show love to more Namco's older titles :/
Anyone remember this?
large.jpg

Seriously a Klonoa 1 HD re-release would sell really well with a good port and a $20 price point. The Wii ver. runs really well on Dolphin for one thing.

derExperte

tumblr_m6uxzsZEE61rqkbnx.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

SOLAR SHIFTER EX -- MB-2A647327FC1B506E - Taken by Jalal
RING RUNNER -- MB-8D7BFDADBAB89359 - Taken by Nzyme32
COSMIC ROCKET DEFENDER -- MB-B98177D0EF5C19EC - Taken by Eila
BETRAYER -- MB-8135E71D92C4AB32 - Taken by Zeeman
xheRJRF.gif
RUSH BROS -- MB-B728EB5A303FF736
NANINIGHTS -- MB-CEE74E8292B449E2 - Taken by voodooray
xheRJRF.gif
POSTAL 2 COMPLETE -- MB-0FC459B417643D47 - Taken by ThirtyFour

Lain

The Steam fps counter while playing Setsuna ranges from 42 to 60 fps. Also, beware of the ESC key.

Now im having a different issue where the game acts like im holding the left dpad side pressed the entire time, which im pretty sure i dont. Ugh.

The keyboard controls are also weird, how do i leave the ingame menu? Exit exits the entire game.

€: It's 'K'. You press 'J' to open the menu and you press 'K' to close it.

Maybe i should play EDF first.

You can configure the buttons from the starting menu. The default layout is beyond weird, 1 to pause, space to confirm, I and O to switch pages or turn models around. They got the wasd right though.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/mystery-bundle-1-pack/#b

Someone should try this. I mean, there are Spider-man, Transformers, Fallout etc in the background, you will probably get Battlepath but you should try it anyway.

I knew I'd get trash and GMG didn't disappoint.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros. -- MB-71703665CF66A80B - Taken by Costa1774
ShipLord -- MB-178026162E862885 - Taken by Jalal
Naninights -- MB-4207FFD854D43EF2 - Taken by Camel Master
Crystals of Time -- MB-0EDA53C0247DEC0B - Taken by Camel Master

Also included Curvatron, Nihilumbra, Onikira - Demon Killer, Proto Raider, and, Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages, so I'm giving those away on SteamGifts. Links there for anyone interested.

10th game was Shadow Ninja Apocalypse, which I didn't have.

Uzzy

From the Life is Strange thread.

Hello everyone! Just dropping by to tell you that from tomorrow (21 July) onwards, Episode 1 will be entirely for free on all platforms (release timings and link to new trailer below). You'll be able to pick it up from www.lifeisstrange.com/free

If you have any questions about anything, let me know! :)

The first episode of last years best game for free? Can't argue with that.

Parsnip

I'd recommend just using a different controller if that's an option.
Or wait 2 weeks and hope that Win10 Anniversary update fixes the shit xbone drivers once and for all.

Does anyone know if i need to know the previous product key if i want to create a W10 ISO from the installer on Microsoft's site and install that on a new SSD?

I realized i can't use my W7 key to install W7 and then upgrade that to W10, but my brother has upgraded to 10 on his system, but he doesn't have know his W8 product key either.

Ludens

Banned
Does anyone know if i need to know the previous product key if i want to create a W10 ISO from the installer on Microsoft's site and install that on a new SSD?

I realized i can't use my W7 key to install W7 and then upgrade that to W10, but my brother has upgraded to 10 on his system, but he doesn't have know his W8 product key either.

You should be ok, since the key should be stored into UEFI, so if you don't change MB, it's ok.

Parsnip

As far as I know:

If you want to avoid the upgrade step entirely, it's possible to use Win7 key with the Win10 install media. It will be converted into a digital license that's tied to your motherboard.
If you don't know your key (it's easy to find out with some third party tools), you can do an upgrade install which should grant the digital license to your motherboard, and you can then do a clean install after that if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom