• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

This is a very good one, you don't wanna miss it -- MB-FFBC0D805665A567 - Taken by Purkake4

As far as I know:

If you want to avoid the upgrade step entirely, it's possible to use Win7 key with the Win10 install media. It will be converted into a digital license that's tied to your motherboard.
If you don't know your key (it's easy to find out with some third party tools), you can do an upgrade install which should grant the digital license to your motherboard, and you can then do a clean install after that if you wish.

I'm trying to get it on an entirely new SSD that has nothing on it at the moment, so there's nothing to upgrade from right now. The problem i have is that the key for Win7 i have i can't use to download Win7 to install on the new drive first and then upgrade from, as it's a key for a pre-installed version of Win7, so it won't let me use for that.

Hektor

I'd recommend just using a different controller if that's an option.
Or wait 2 weeks and hope that Win10 Anniversary update fixes the shit xbone drivers once and for all.

Yea, plugged in the DS4 with Ludens trick and now it seems to be working properly. Altho the game is still showing me xbox symbols everywhere, it is playable this way at least,

Does anyone have details on Dreambreak?

The Steam page has an RPS commenter's quote in the About section, so, I don't know. But I'm kind of getting an NES Golgo 13 vibe.

Also, am I right in assuming that Greenmangaming's keys for Ubisoft games like Flashback or Beyond Good and Evil are uPlay only, and not Steam at all?

mp1990

Banned
Yea, plugged in the DS4 with Ludens trick and now it seems to be working properly. Altho the game is still showing me xbox symbols everywhere, it is playable this way at least,
The last evidence I needed to prove you're in fact a xbone shill.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Finished Shadows of Mordor, this was definitely the AssCreed kick I was looking forward, but did not get with AssCreedIII. It did wear out it's welcome and the ending was a let down, but I had a lot of fun for the first 10-12 hours. I see now why everyone praised the nemesis system. It was fun turning Orcs on each other.

Benedict

GMG fooled me many times...

Let's see if they post my 4% review of the bundles on their sites. Now they have 4 100% reviews stating high quality catches.

I got 16 turds.

reminds me of

cfHD8sy.gif

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I currently have a 600w psu and a 970. How much more of a power draw are the 1080/1070? Is it likely that I would need a larger psu?

I currently have a 600w psu and a 970. How much more of a power draw are the 1080/1070? Is it likely that I would need a larger psu?

I'd say you should be OK with that. The new cards are energy efficient, so they don't use a lot more power than the one you already have.

Parsnip

I'm trying to get it on an entirely new SSD that has nothing on it at the moment, so there's nothing to upgrade from right now. The problem i have is that the key for Win7 i have i can't use to download Win7 to install on the new drive first and then upgrade from, as it's a key for a pre-installed version of Win7, so it won't let me use for that.

Is the preinstalled key eligible for the Win10 upgrade?
If yes, you could upgrade your current Win7 install, verify that the digital license is there, pop the current hard drive out, put the ssd in, and install fresh Win10 there.

As the digital license is tied to your motherboard, it should just work without any hassle.

Well, as far as I know and understand your situation.

Nzyme32

Holy crap does Gear of War 4 look boring as hell. Kind of crazy to think how much my taste in games has changed since 2006 when I used to like Gears of War and played on 360

Next to no difference. I think it's about 10 to 30W increase over the 970. 600W is plenty

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Knights of Pen and Paper -- MB-C3995F2E7A941EB1 - Taken by Newblade

Is the preinstalled key eligible for the Win10 upgrade?
If yes, you could upgrade your current Win7 install, verify that the digital license is there, pop the current hard drive out, put the ssd in, and install fresh Win10 there.

As the digital license is tied to your motherboard, it should just work without any hassle.

Well, as far as I know and understand your situation.

Oh, i'd read they were tied to hardware but i didn't realize it was just the motherboard. Is there a way to make sure i'm eligible? It's been giving me the notifications about upgrading for a while but I'm not sure if that's enough.

Someone suggested i could clone the partition with the W7 OS onto the SSD and then upgrade that, but I don't know much about that sort of thing so i'm not sure if that would work in this situation.

zkylon

zkylewd
is it supposed to be a joke game or did they try again to make a good game?

i feel the first one wasn't like a trolly thing, just a complete lack of self awareness and taste

My poor impulse control is someone's gain.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 23 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (uncredited male, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Curvatron -- MB-D21EE0D2610DEF75 - Taken by Ventara
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros. -- MB-62CC5DA0B6CE3777
Seven Kingdoms 2 HD -- MB-3436D1A6D72DA2F9 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick - Taken by Ludens
xheRJRF.gif
POSTAL -- MB-C79BDA7A537A6310
Onikira Demon Killer -- MB-369B16F35CB738FF - Taken by texhnolyze
ShipLord #2 -- MB-209E0282D3D39FC6
BlackShadows -- MB-A151C61C2E1A775D
Betrayer -- MB-AA8583FBDC8ADA0F - Taken by ThirtyFour
Nihilumbra #2 -- MB-6FE2F3BBB6A750A7 - Taken by KenOD
Proto Raider -- MB-F0898CA4FB0BCA7D - Taken by ExoSoul
Nihilumbra -- MB-F21FFACCF290EEF2 - Taken by Dusk Golem
Onikira Demon Killer #3 -- MB-44F88A7F7F666276 - Taken by drakaenae
Onikira Demon Killer #2 -- MB-C5B9DB044B948634 - Taken by Costa1774
Cosmic Rocket Defender -- MB-47257A4871DB7CC0 - Taken by dot