• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

So, after playing the first 3 Hours of Setsuna, all i can say is that i really like it so far. it got a pretty good pacing for a JRPG too, which is unusual.

Tizoc

So, after playing the first 3 Hours of Setsuna, all i can say is that i really like it so far. it got a pretty good pacing for a JRPG too, which is unusual.

Hmm would it be too much trouble to ask for your save file? I seem to have deleted mine accidentally after exiting the game ^^; I'd say I am at about the same place as you are.

Hektor

Hmm would it be too much trouble to ask for your save file? I seem to have deleted mine accidentally after exiting the game ^^; I'd say I am at about the same place as you are.

Well, i'm just in that citadel city, in search of a shipwright, after having been to the village north of it.

If you can tell me where the savefile is supposed to be i can do that. I can't find it in the games steamfolder and under /mygames there's only some config.dat

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Bit Odyssey -- MB-7F1B49BB5D09C599 - Taken by Eila

Tizoc

Well, i'm just in that citadel city, in search of a shipwright, after having been to the village north of it.

If you can tell me where the savefile is supposed to be i can do that. I can't find it in the games steamfolder and under /mygames there's only some config.dat

Blargh I'll try to remember and contact you about ti tomorrow (just realized I need to hit the sack soon @_@)

Congrats to ChairmanChuck for winning the giveaway, 114 people entered, I hope you'll consider getting the game eventually ;3

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Seven Kingdoms 2 -- MB-3436D1A6D72DA2F9 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick

I took this thinking it was another game, so here's to you.

Lain

So, I am Setsuna plays wonderfully for me windowed at 720p, 60fps locked and smooth scrolling, but fullscreen/windowed at 1080p it performs bad, constant 44/57fps and the scrolling is kinda jerky.
I didn't think Setsuna was a more demanding game than DOOM 2016.

gngf123

With the new Humble ebook bundle, Humble introduces stretch goals:

Maybe a new trend for game bundles too?

Groupees bundles have been doing something like this for years now. It wouldn't surprise me if they added it to their game bundles soon at all.

rtcn63

So, I am Setsuna plays wonderfully for me windowed at 720p, 60fps locked and smooth scrolling, but fullscreen/windowed at 1080p it performs bad, constant 44/57fps and the scrolling is kinda jerky.

They're just emulating old school framerate slowdown

I Am Setsuna is the new Crysis confirmed

Wok

When I read game teasers like the following, my interest is tickled but at the same time, I remember that Firewatch caught me similarly.

The Bunker is a completely live action experience with zero computer generated effects, filmed on location in a decommissioned government nuclear bunker with a plot crafted by writers behind titles like The Witcher, SOMA and Broken Sword, and incredible cast including Adam Brown (The Hobbit) and Sarah Greene (Penny Dreadful, Assassin’s Creed 3).

An incredible cast, including Adam Brown (The Hobbit), Sarah Greene (Penny Dreadful), Grahame Fox (Game Of Thrones) and Jerome St. John Blake (Star Wars)

Knurek

more like ~60 to 70$

edit: oh, you already said it yourself :p

Most of cards these days go for €0.01, so yeah, more like €10. €15 tops.

not really, I mean most go for almost nothing and I don't have numbers but I would say around €0.06 should be the average or so :p

I've been mass farming them for the past two weeks.
Believe me, other than anime titles (which are, as always, cha-ching), if a game has more than 3 drops, it's cards will sell for €0.03 (of which you get €0.01).
If a game has 3 drops it's either €0.05 (€0.03 for you) or, if you're lucky, €0.07.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Most of cards these days go for €0.01, so yeah, more like €10. €15 tops.

not really, I mean most go for almost nothing and I don't have numbers but I would say around €0.06 should be the average or so :p

edit: lets say €0.05 average

I've been mass farming them for the past two weeks.
Believe me, other than anime titles (which are, as always, cha-ching), if a game has more than 3 drops, it's cards will sell for €0.03 (of which you get €0.01).
If a game has 3 drops it's either €0.05 (€0.03 for you) or, if you're lucky, €0.07.

I never stopped farming :p

and looking at my marketplace history 0.05 seems not far of

but whatever, it will be more than 15€ but less than 60€ :p

Ozium

You had your chance with Dragon Quest Heroes and you FAIL'D!

I am a fan of Dragon Quest and a fan of Musou games..

too bad Dragon Quest Heroes wasn't a musou or I would have bought it

square-enix and koei-tecmo failed, not me

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Thinking I made a wrong move starting SOMA after Alien Isolation. There's more monster chasing, but Isolation did it miles better, with a monster that's a fully realized threat. The sections in SOMA are more annoying than anything. I'm loving the game when I'm learning about the story and exploring the facilities, but the monster aspect isn't what I needed right now :p

Arthea

I give up, the last Highrise Heroes achievement (all 3 star levels) is just too much, later timed levels are impossible to 3 star in my opinion, or if even possible it just too much effort. and In general a game is a tad too hard in the second half, most of the time you have no useful skills at all, and getting good words ready in random letter draws is just not happening. A pity really, considering it's only one achievement, but I already spent 35 hours with this game, that's enough of trying.
Other than that I enjoyed it a lot, another summer sale game I finished.
I readily admit that a game is not for everyone, unless you like word games a lot, then it's great.

I'm in!

033bd848ca.png

lol at the tags of Bad Rats Show

reminds me of garfield kart, lol

screenshot_2cbsvj.png

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I seriously don't understand how there are some who prefer the old artstyle for umineko or higurashi =/

vs

Higurashi I can understand not liking and most people don't like it, but for Umineko Ryukishi's art improved quite a bit then compared to the PS3 sprites the originals were much more emotive and expressive which helped some pivotal scenes. I can't really say anything for the new ones since I haven't played with them but they looked like a market improvement over the bland PS3 sprites in properly showing emotive faces.

Only problem with the comparison you just showed is that Ronove doesn't look smug enough.

mp1990

Banned
So, I played EDF
EDF EDF
4.1 for around an hour and I was having a blast with it, it's flashy action in video games at its best...

Until I reached level 6 and fucking tarantulas started to appear. And I can't handle them. It's not like I have a phobia as zky does, nothing close to that, but holy shit they send chills down my spine whenever they show up in the screen. I'll wait a few days and see if anyone can mod them out of the game, even though that's highly improbable.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So, I played EDF
EDF EDF
4.1 for around an hour and I was having a blast with it, it's flashy action in video games at its best...

Until I reached level 6 and fucking tarantulas started to appear. And I can't handle them. It's not like I have a phobia as zky does, nothing close to that, but holy shit they send chills down my spine whenever they show up in the screen. I'll wait a few days and see if anyone can mod them out of the game, even though that's highly improbable.

But you get the blast the everliving crap out of them with absurdly overpowered weaponry. Wouldn't that feel good if they creeped you out?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So, I played EDF
EDF EDF

Try grinding earlier stages on harder difficulties and you might be able to rekt them quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom